Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can't get respawning to work  (Read 1196 times)

Wasp

Can't get respawning to work
« on: 14 Aug 2003, 20:26:26 »
Hello,

This is my first post at this forum, I hope you guys can help me out.

I have trouble with respawning. I did everything that respawning needs to do. I made 3 markers.. respawn_west, respawn_east, and respawn_guerrila. This is mij description.ext:

Code: [Select]
respawn=3;
respawndelay=10;

When I try the mission in multiplayer mode (not the preview mode), it just doesn't work! I become a bird.

Then there is another problem, when I alter the mission, the old version is still at the multiplayer mode. Like, I can't try to get the respawning to work, because it looks like the mission gets cached or something.

I hope everyone knows what I mean..

GeneralCoder

Re:Can't get respawning to work
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2003, 20:39:17 »
Hello,

This is my first post at this forum, I hope you guys can help me out.

I have trouble with respawning. I did everything that respawning needs to do. I made 3 markers.. respawn_west, respawn_east, and respawn_guerrila. This is mij description.ext:

Code: [Select]
respawn=3;
respawndelay=10;

When I try the mission in multiplayer mode (not the preview mode), it just doesn't work! I become a bird.

Then there is another problem, when I alter the mission, the old version is still at the multiplayer mode. Like, I can't try to get the respawning to work, because it looks like the mission gets cached or something.

I hope everyone knows what I mean..
Hi don't have glue but thins you should know:
Respawn works in preview mode too if you are in multiplayer editor mode.(Mainmenu->multiplayer->new->your_mission)

In the list you should see your mission whit yellow text wich meens it's editable version? Green mission are not editable.
That's where you should enter the editor and manage your mpmissions.

Any help ???

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:Can't get respawning to work
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2003, 01:18:28 »
ok first thing is,  the respawn area must be a marker of ellipse type,
best size is nice n compact 5 X 5

second thing is the marker NAME must be respawn_west   etc etc  not the TEXT

third thing  make sure that there are no spaces anywhere or some barely visible comma or something like that

make sure that the respawn=3  and respawndelay = 10 are in the description.ext

also if when you save a mission, you use a different name to what you used last, it will create a new mission folder and transfer only the mission.sqm into it

if none of these help you, then make sure there is nothing in the description.ext that precedes your respawn lines that may have a syntax error in
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2003, 01:19:14 by Terox »
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123