Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Iraq - The real war  (Read 3509 times)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Iraq - The real war
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2003, 18:04:22 »
I would just like to add that if anyone feels offended by anything on OFPEC, be it people's names, avatars, signatures or posts, take it up with the appropriate person and the staff will see about it. We do run a quite large operation here and even though the staff does their job we are only human and can't spot everything.

As for the idea in itself I rather like the idea of a mission that isn't based entirely in shooting other people. What if you make it so that the player is apart of a UN peacekeeping force, and have to help the people rebuild the town?
That should sidestep most if not all of the political issues.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Drozdov

« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2003, 18:11:11 »
The concept isn't too bad but I think it's just too complicated to make and would prove frustrating to do. Anyway, UN soldiers wouldn't really have much to do with rebuilding towns.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2003, 18:23:14 »
KJAM, you are defenitely not in the position to tell anyone to shut up in our forums. The only ones entitled to do so are our moderators and administrators.
first of all i didnt TELL since when is saying "why dont you shut up" an order or telling someone what to do it was merely a suggestion to prevent flaming, which has so convinently been blamed on me which flaming wasnt my intent

And turning a political debate (which we don't allow) into a personal attack (which is even worse), is not a very wise move. Continue like that and you'll find yourself outside ofpec sooner as you can say "first language".

and again i WASNT "attacking" him personally or anything like that i was just suggesting to him that he pipe down , and respect others opinions which he "said" he respeted and then went on to flame what drozdov said, and critisizing him, which is more of an attack than i supposedly made.
so sorry to the mods FOR:
defending another living beings (Drozdov) beliefs even though they are different to what mine are,
Telling someone to have an open mind instead of being in a closed box
and most of all
for being ME , having my own set of beliefs and being an individual, so if you dont like me being an individual then go ahead ban me, cuz a forum with no respect to individuality, isnt worth the time logging on to.

p.s to be 100% fair, it was Jeffro87 who started the whole politics thing, not anyone else, like i believe that doing anything based on something which is STILL happening  is wrong and like i said in my previou post a while back i think something like this should be redirected to the fictional post-malden islands area

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 22 Aug 2003, 19:12:25 »
OK, this is it.

I can't rember the last time when people ignored a moderator's words that persistently. When I (or any other moderator) say "stop this debate now" we mean it. And you can't expect that we'll just sit there and let you behave just like we're not there. Did you perhaps miss this statement?

I don't want to see anyone continue this discussion, except it's related to the initial mission idea.

Or this one?

I would just like to add that if anyone feels offended by anything on OFPEC, be it people's names, avatars, signatures or posts, take it up with the appropriate person and the staff will see about it.

I respect your individuality, but it's our forums, our rules. And I don't know how you can misunderstand the rule "we don't allow any politics in the forums", especially when it just has been pointed out several times. I also have my beliefs and a strong feeling of humanity, yet if you feel the someone is being treated unfair, we have a procedure for that. KTottE is 100% right. You feel offended by another forum member or you think he disrespects our rules? Contact a moderator and he will take care of it. But we will not accept when our members fight back on their own. Because that's exactly how flame wars break out. And at the end that doesn't suit anyone. Drozdov seems to have accepted that, so it's somewhat ridiculous to use him as an excuse for your personal vendetta.

And you can keep your "I didn't tell it I just asked how it would be like"-semantics for yourself. I'm the wrong person for statements like that. You can't be serious that you wanted to prevent the flame war. That's like wanting to extinguish a fire with petrol.

Bottom line: I don't care who started this whole mess and who is defending who. But I do care about who couldn't let up after I told to stop it. And that's the thing I blame you for, not for having your opinions and beliefs. Jeffro87 stopped the debate and finally Drozdov, too. But despite three (!) posts from myself and one from KTottE, you contiued it. If you disagree with my decisions, you're free to complain using our personal messaging system (as a matter of fact, check your PMs). But when you ignore what I say right away you have to expect a reaction.

Topic locked.