Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Few Ideas  (Read 1667 times)

Victor

Few Ideas
« on: 06 Aug 2003, 02:43:57 »
First off,a Vietnam mission:
You need an average sized map,(Desert Island Map size would probably be good,as it is good size,but should be a little bigger)basically,you make a base(US preferably),with wire,fences surrounding a compound,with a small opening for a gate,you put all the necessary buildings for a long mission here(field hospital,tents,perhaps a fire or 2),and lots of vehicles(rows of helicopters,support trucks,and all other vehicles),put a couple of squads in to guard the base,and maybe a heavy MG by the gate,so when the mission starts,the player should be around camp,totally peaceful,fires burning,weapons not in a firing position(ie,on their backs),and have them sit by the fire(in a cutscene)or in the tent,when the cutscene finishes an alarm sounds,then it becomes night,the alarm sounds,and a small message appears,asking the player(a Lieutenant preferablly),to organize a patrol,as some US outpost is being attacked,the player gets some extra ammo,items if needed from ammo crates,loads on the chopper(meanwhile the other 3 squads load on the other choppers),and they all fly out to a remote end of the island,where say half a squad of US soldiers,are being hit by 4 East mechanized squads,1 East tank platoon and a few shilkas,the player and the 3 other squads attempt to land/drop off the arriving soldiers to assist the US soldiers already there,most probably,the US choppers will be shot down and the player will be forced to get back to his own safe zone(the base,or if you decide,have a few US mech. squads patrolling near the base)he has to get through the enemy territory,or get an airlift back to the base....

West-East Germany

I tried this on the Desert Island Map,I set up a line of wire,with a small opening for people only,spanning across the island,then another line parralell to it,about 2 hexes away,had a US squad on the left side,and a Russian side on the right,they were too far away to see/fire on each other,what you could do is have you as a resistance/civilian trying to sneak from East side to the West.......or even maybe an Eastern guard running over to the other side.Now if you could simply do this on another map(one with cities,or something besides sand perhaps),it could actually look good
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2003, 02:44:49 by Victor »

Victor

Re:Few Ideas
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2003, 05:53:47 »
New idea:
Guerrilla Warfare(Campaign is what I'm thinking)
Now,simply,the Russians far outnumber you,you have to eventually win,what I was thinking,you take the role of a guerrilla unit commander,you radio headquarters as to where you'll set up your HQ(would give you a choice,in terms of where your waypoints are,etc),first off,you'd have to do a couple of supply missions(perhaps grab a few trucks from Russian motor pool,filled with supplies,take it back to your HQ,and next mission you have tents,field hospitals,ammo crates,etc for your base),next,you need people,so you basically go around each town(carefully avoiding enemy forces),and you collect civilians,who appear as soldiers next mission(say,for every civilian you get back,you get 1 soldier next mission),then you basicallly rinse,repeat,until total victory,throw in mass ambushes,scouting,intel gathering,supply runs,etc,and you could have a good campaign

Option 2:
I've tried this before,a basic survival of the fittest contest,you have the Desert Island map,each side starts with 4 mech squads,and 4 tank platoons,and 2 attack choppers each,you fit somewhere into the mech squads,basically,you start each side on one end of the island,order them to the other end,repeat for other side,somewhere in the center,the 2 sides meet,and total chaos.......pretty fun battle too......

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2003, 06:44:43 »
The Resistance campaign is basically what you described in your wish for a guerrilla campaign. You have to ambush, steal weapons, keep people alive for recruiting, etc. The idea of choosing your base is neat, but wouldn't you need a lot of missions to simulate what you would do to set up each base?

max_killer_payne

« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2003, 12:50:52 »
lol. Yeah it is. I remember once I put in an idea, after buying resistance on the mission idea section that was exactly the same as the Resistance idea. Man im stupid!

Victor

« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2003, 17:58:05 »
Ya,you guys are right......perhaps I should buy every expansion to OFP before posting any new ideas......nah,I'll just wait for OFP 2 to come out and get that instead

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2003, 18:30:35 »
Ya,you guys are right......perhaps I should buy every expansion to OFP before posting any new ideas......nah,I'll just wait for OFP 2 to come out and get that instead
Have fun waitin 1½ years... Res is defently worth buying.

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2003, 23:21:32 »
i must agree get resistance it is a worthwhile investment

m21man

« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2003, 23:49:01 »
You should definitely buy Resistance. You're missing an awesome campaign, great special effects, new guns (Pistols!), and much more :'(. Not to mention, here are some great addons you can't use cuz you don't have Resistance:

1. BAS Delta/Rangers
2. BAS MH-47E
3. SEB Nam Pack 2
4. Wake Island
5. The HK Pack
6. COC Divers
7. COC Mines (Gotta love them Claymores)