Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: -=IRAQ CTI=-  (Read 1989 times)

Vyper

Re:-=IRAQ CTI=-
« Reply #15 on: 13 Aug 2003, 17:39:34 »
My apologies, i have strong political views on America and the rest of worlds aparnt need to free people...not the time or place as Noon so rightly pointed out!

I don't think it was the graphic violence which would be the issue in a Iraq War II game here DOGMA...If i had a son died in Vietnam just because the war had finished seeing a guy get killed in vietnam around the time my son did would still be painful...but whenever you approach a war game that is going to be based on realistic events you can't think "its a game, nothing more"...we have to think of it as a memorial of sorts to the people that have died, not playing soldier but experiencing their sacrifice if you get me drift?

Vyper

Mat Herben

« Reply #16 on: 13 Aug 2003, 19:30:31 »
Well, I suppose it would be more respectfull to the fallen soldiers...

lt_poncho

« Reply #17 on: 13 Aug 2003, 19:44:02 »
Just wondering..... whats CTI?

CTI is a GAME, which I cannot stress enough is what we are playing here - a game that has NO concequences of winning and loosing. Please understand that difference - it could be team RED vs BLUE for all I care - it's just to have fun while we take a break from the concequental world.

CTI is Capture The Island, a sort of Quasi Command and Conquer meets Flashpoint. Once you get involved you will probably not look back - it's that much fun. You can download the CTI missions here;

http://mfcti.sourceforge.net/

Basically you play either a soldier or a commander for your team, of which the soldier does the groundwork and fighting, managing the first level of combat, while the Commander is responsible for actually building a base and supplying you with the tools you need to fight.
He builds the base that make the vehicles that you use to claim resources for your team by capturing towns. Two teams try to 'capture' the island and beat the other opponent.

It's pretty up in the air, don't ever think you've won because even playing just as yourself the AI can be pretty resourceful - nowhere near a full human game online tho. Win or loose it's tonnes of fun.

Let me know if you ever want to play online - I never miss an opportunity.

Mat Herben

« Reply #18 on: 13 Aug 2003, 20:30:47 »
I almost play CTI 24/7 ( well at least at 20:00 - 22:00 and from 1:00 to 5:00 In Holland time, Equals Berlin) But I haver never saw you Lt.Poncho, You should come and play once with us too! :D

lt_poncho

« Reply #19 on: 13 Aug 2003, 21:13:50 »
I almost play CTI 24/7 ( well at least at 20:00 - 22:00 and from 1:00 to 5:00 In Holland time, Equals Berlin) But I haver never saw you Lt.Poncho, You should come and play once with us too! :D

Let me know the server and i'll be there for sure!

Mat Herben

« Reply #20 on: 14 Aug 2003, 00:03:47 »
Ill send you a Private Message when we are (gonna) playing, Ok? We always can use good soldiers ! 8) ;)