Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: -=IRAQ CTI=-  (Read 1990 times)

Mat Herben

-=IRAQ CTI=-
« on: 05 Aug 2003, 23:56:36 »
Hey guys. hear this out

Wouldnt it be cool if OFP Multiplayer had an CTI Island just like Iraq, where you could choose to be Americans, who starts at the edge of the map, and the East ( Iraqi's) Who starts in Baghdad. The other cities like Mosul and Tikrit are also on the map ( I know its not realistic, but who cares,) and the resistance in the minor cities are East AI, So its a little harder for The Americans to win, but it is fun, eh guys?

And by the way, Baghdad must have high buildings and quite modern offices, while all the other towns must be a bit poor and small buildings, ( Or else the LAG and slowdown will take over, Like in Paunzerfaust Island, which I think is a great island but a little much slowdown.)

And oh yeah, the road/highway to baghdad must be very long and big, Its cooler that way, when you got an whole convoy driving to Baghdad, and the east team sees it through their Binoculars, :-*

What do you guys think about this?

Offline SpecOp9

• Members
Re:-=IRAQ CTI=-
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2003, 02:07:38 »
Sounds good to me.

But the Iraqi military is incredibly outnumbered.  So if the Iraqi military won, that would be highly wierd ;)

Maybey you could throw in a few Russians (after all they supplied Iraq with some equipment)
With all those Multiplayer maps in the pending list...
Somebody is gonna get a heart artak ;) lol!!!!!

Mat Herben

« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2003, 05:35:45 »
Well it actually would be nice to put some palestinians and Libanese and Egypt people in it, Knowing that they all went to Iraq before the war began to help fight a "holy war". :)

lt_poncho

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2003, 16:47:23 »
I did *something* along the lines of this - basically edited the CTI .sqm files and replaced most all of the units to DESERT UNITS supplied by MAF, etc., as well as the awesome US Desert Troops that CODEBLUE put out. I used the UCE Desert troops for the East side, and to make it fair I set the game where Resistance is friendly to EAST.

For maps I substituted for the awesome STT Desert MALDEN and Zwadar's Desert Everon II. It needs a lot of addon's to play the Desert CTI but it's sure nice to have a change once and awhile - i'd like to do the same and use Winter Everon/Malden as well eventually. I think there's even a CTI Koljukev (remember that island??), and a cool winter Nojokev island of Koljukev.

CTI is addictive, but hard to justify working on .sqm files while at work...

Mat Herben

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2003, 19:15:06 »
 :D I certainly would download al these addons if you could put them into CTI, just tell the people here when your ready with it, Cause I think it will be worth it, Good job mate!

lt_poncho

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2003, 20:56:02 »
I sure would like to but man it's a mess with all the addon's - a couple of mate's get pissed off when they can't load the mission for the 9th time because they are missing a .pbo.

I was going to just wait until things get more centralized like how with BAS and their DESERT PACK - makes it a lot easier in many ways. STT/Select This built most of the OPFOR desert T-72/T80 reskinned vehicles along with the Shilka/BMP's, seeing how he's involved with BAS - add to that MARfy's tanks and vehicles - and you have pretty much everything i've dropped in to this Desert CTI project. That's just the ADDON one for one unit replacement.

The 'BlackOp's' upgrade in CTI is only $200 and allows you to make blackop units, I've expanded that to make instead available for purchase Desert SPEC OP units and Weapons, such as BAS weapons, Rangers (Had to choose one), UCE weapons and special units and such - so now the barracks would provide all of that based off of 2 upgrades. Just thinking about all the conversion that went into that was really confusing - those guys at CTI are freakin geniuses. Me personally I just like to play.

I'm trying to add 2nd level light/heavy vehicle and aircraft upgraded that would provide for special/newer addon's that go into the spec op catagory - hey howz about that the BAS MH-60's are out - but it's hard to justify working on sqm files at work.

Either way - if you have everon CTI and don't like the setviewdistance on it now, DESERT EVERON has way less objects on the map so it supports higher distances with less lag, and is a nice change from Forest. I'll try to post something up eventually with the list of addon's.

Mat Herben

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2003, 00:24:22 »
Well, I certainly understand why you dont got the time to make Iraq CTI, it would be a heck of a project with all the addons and buildings and stuff, But just as u said, If BAS could put it all in a big pack, then everybody's happy and an Iraq CTI could be realized, :D  ( It still will be a quite big project tough)

Are there CTI games for Desert Everon? If so ill download it this instance, Or do you got to make it or something? Anyway thanks for the information Lt.Poncho. ;)

lt_poncho

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2003, 00:54:09 »
If you want to just play CTI on a different map and not bother with changing units, it's actually pretty easy.

Find your CTI pbo file in your MPMISSION directory and make a copy, then paste it in the same directory. On the copy, highlight it and change the name to match the like island of the same name only desert. You can't use any island, it has to be EVERON for EVERON, MALDEN for MALDEN, etc. otherwise the towns/flags won't match up.

Example:
Change MFCTI 1.0A Coop Malden.Abel.pbo to MFCTI 1.0A Coop Malden.sttabel_desert.pbo

Doing so changes out the island to use instead the desert version of the same island.

I'll try to put up a CTI site once I get authorization from the guys at CTI to do so on the unit modified versions of the Desert CTI. Otherwise I should just submit my work to them and let them put it out under their name. Either way it's CTI addiction in the sand!

Vyper

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2003, 01:59:35 »
Somebody said the russians gave Iraq weapons?

WEll then if you did an afghan one of these you'd have to have americans on the afghans side...seeing as most of the afghan army's equipment was either russian left over from the 1970's invasion or american given to them during the 1970's invasion to fight off the russians.....i love how america back al quida! we should invade the US! they helped terrorists!

ironic isn't it

Vyper

PBA12511

« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:19:18 »
Well Vyper you have to get all the facts straight first. If we hadnt done that then the russains could have taken over Afghanistan and etc. The soviet union might very well be thriving today if america hadnt supplied weapons, food, and ammo to the people fighting communism. Would you like to live in a world where the soviet union might own that mass of land over there known as europe?

I think you guys should really wait till we get saddam or the fighting comes to a total end. I dont think its a good idea to make a game about a war where people are still dieing in it. You should really wait a while until it dies down.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:41:18 »
:hmm:

Fellas,

Please keep the political "discussion" outside of the forums, otherwise we'll have to lock this thread down.

Thanks.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Mat Herben

« Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:46:29 »
I dont like it when people say that America feeded the Terrorism by giving weapons to Afghans and Iraq, I mean... Just like PBA said USA did everything to fight communism , and how can you do that better than to supply the opposers to communism with weapons and food and stuff, BTW Iraq is much better off under America than it was under B'aath.

I know there is still a guerilla war in Iraq, but we dont hurt anyone with playing Iraq CTI, do we? I mean, i can understand why some people got trouble with the fact that some guys are making a game of Iraq war, but I just dont think we are doing anything wrong, (OFP is a quite civilized war game, There is no dismemberment or at least no guts flying around..)

I dont mean offence to anyone.. :(

Mat Herben

« Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:48:47 »
Ok... We wont talk politics... I wont.. I wrote my last post before i could read yours... So dont think im contineuning politcal disscusion here.

8)

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2003, 03:18:22 »
No worries Dogma. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

PBA12511

« Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2003, 04:49:02 »
Just wondering..... whats CTI?

Vyper

« Reply #15 on: 13 Aug 2003, 17:39:34 »
My apologies, i have strong political views on America and the rest of worlds aparnt need to free people...not the time or place as Noon so rightly pointed out!

I don't think it was the graphic violence which would be the issue in a Iraq War II game here DOGMA...If i had a son died in Vietnam just because the war had finished seeing a guy get killed in vietnam around the time my son did would still be painful...but whenever you approach a war game that is going to be based on realistic events you can't think "its a game, nothing more"...we have to think of it as a memorial of sorts to the people that have died, not playing soldier but experiencing their sacrifice if you get me drift?

Vyper

Mat Herben

« Reply #16 on: 13 Aug 2003, 19:30:31 »
Well, I suppose it would be more respectfull to the fallen soldiers...

lt_poncho

« Reply #17 on: 13 Aug 2003, 19:44:02 »
Just wondering..... whats CTI?

CTI is a GAME, which I cannot stress enough is what we are playing here - a game that has NO concequences of winning and loosing. Please understand that difference - it could be team RED vs BLUE for all I care - it's just to have fun while we take a break from the concequental world.

CTI is Capture The Island, a sort of Quasi Command and Conquer meets Flashpoint. Once you get involved you will probably not look back - it's that much fun. You can download the CTI missions here;

http://mfcti.sourceforge.net/

Basically you play either a soldier or a commander for your team, of which the soldier does the groundwork and fighting, managing the first level of combat, while the Commander is responsible for actually building a base and supplying you with the tools you need to fight.
He builds the base that make the vehicles that you use to claim resources for your team by capturing towns. Two teams try to 'capture' the island and beat the other opponent.

It's pretty up in the air, don't ever think you've won because even playing just as yourself the AI can be pretty resourceful - nowhere near a full human game online tho. Win or loose it's tonnes of fun.

Let me know if you ever want to play online - I never miss an opportunity.

Mat Herben

« Reply #18 on: 13 Aug 2003, 20:30:47 »
I almost play CTI 24/7 ( well at least at 20:00 - 22:00 and from 1:00 to 5:00 In Holland time, Equals Berlin) But I haver never saw you Lt.Poncho, You should come and play once with us too! :D

lt_poncho

« Reply #19 on: 13 Aug 2003, 21:13:50 »
I almost play CTI 24/7 ( well at least at 20:00 - 22:00 and from 1:00 to 5:00 In Holland time, Equals Berlin) But I haver never saw you Lt.Poncho, You should come and play once with us too! :D

Let me know the server and i'll be there for sure!

Mat Herben

« Reply #20 on: 14 Aug 2003, 00:03:47 »
Ill send you a Private Message when we are (gonna) playing, Ok? We always can use good soldiers ! 8) ;)