Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I dunno where this belongs...  (Read 1082 times)

gothicv

I dunno where this belongs...
« on: 04 Aug 2003, 08:07:56 »
This is the best ofp site IMO, and I thought I'd ask here.....

I am starting my own business soon, its a recording studio...  my audio hardware and OFP don't get along. Is there a way to fix this? When I try to load OFP, it says

"Digidesign DSI could not load at the proper address."

I don't know what it means!! But that isn't the bad part.

The problem is, after I play operation flashpoint I have to restart my computer to record. So now I have to sit there while people mic up there amps, set up drums etc. It's horrible. No more OFP when the singer blows a hissy.

thanks if anyone can help.

Kaliyuga

Re:I dunno where this belongs...
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2003, 09:38:05 »
 ahh yes .. ProTools ;)

As someone who is in the same line of work as you , I'll have to tell ya something you really probably don't want to hear..

but you should really have a dedicated computer for your DAW

as far as where this thread belongs...

I would suggest the technical support/troubleshooting threads here :

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c35bc596380ffff

we don't do any kind of troubleshooting stuff around this site..... strictly editing :)  

although I do agree it is The Best OFP site around ;)

I might have a few ideas if you could give me some specifics but send me an e-mail or IM instead of posting here.. as this thread will be locked shortly I'd imagine ;)  

I'm very familiar with ProTools and all Digital Recording in general and might be able to help you sort it out:

mail me at:
kaliyuga@everoncartel.com

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:I dunno where this belongs...
« Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2003, 09:39:35 »
Hey there, gothicv

I sypmathise with your problem, but must point out that we are strictly an editing site so do not do tech support (thus the reason you couldn't find a forum to post this is).

My suggestion would be to go and ask the makers of the game, over at the Official Forum.

Good luck ;)

# Topic Locked