Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Rock  (Read 2115 times)

Gooner861

The Rock
« on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:51:04 »
If u ave seen the film the rock, i think that cud b a gud basis for a mission. Some american veterans not happy about something steal some deadly poison and threaten to fire it at new york or somewhere, some navy seals r sent in but r slaughtered leaving 1 guy 2 save the day.

Very vague as most of my ideas r but wot the hell. :)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:The Rock
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:54:58 »
1. youd have to make a new island that has alcatraz and some surrounding coast.
2. there wasnt 1 man that saved the day, there were 2.

Gooner861

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2003, 20:16:19 »
Oh yeah forgot there was two.

If u cud do it without an alcatraz it wud lessen the hassle of making a new island. Maybe if u cud find a gud place on 1 of the islands, i know it wud turn it away a little from the film but the main basis of a story is there.

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2003, 02:15:45 »
Yeah, good idea.  Did I download this or is there a unit called a "Western Spy" included in the original pack?  It is a eastern unit that looks like a western infantry man.

Gooner861

« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2003, 17:52:41 »
Yeah there is, y, u think u cud use them in this mission.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2003, 18:40:33 »
or group west units with a east soldier as the leader and in the east units init box use deleteVehicle this so west soldiers act as east soldiers and west conside them east

BronzeEagle

« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2003, 02:38:32 »
Or you could say that the mayor of some town in nogova has received a call that some russian guy has a scud aimed at his town and he'll fire it off unless his demands aren't met.  His militia is too poorly trained to risk it so he asks the American liberators to do it.  You get the same effect as the rock but slightly different atmosphere.  You could use any ground based anti tank missile launcher and then use phil commando's governers mansion.  Have them sneak into that and prevent the missile from firing off on the roof.  

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2003, 16:36:44 »
ive got a mission under development where russian fanatics have taken over a powerplant, stoeln the nuclear material and attached it to a scud rocked, hen Delta are sent in to stop them

Gooner861

« Reply #8 on: 03 Aug 2003, 17:39:42 »
U shud, like the rock, have a cutscene where some of the delta's get massacred. U cud use the music from the rock as well.

Commando

« Reply #9 on: 03 Aug 2003, 18:02:46 »
use the editor addon and get pos concrete blocks and stuff to form structures and stuff but....it is a big hazzle with trial and error ...I have started to try to make somekind of coastal fort or installation on the cliff islands of southern nogova south of the bridge.  8)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #10 on: 03 Aug 2003, 18:30:39 »
yeah i hate doing that especially with fences grr

FlidMerchant

« Reply #11 on: 09 Aug 2003, 17:46:53 »
I'm pretty sure that "Western Spy" and "Eastern Spy" come with Gunslinger's editor addon.

Offline SpecOp9

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 09 Aug 2003, 18:39:37 »
Nogova has that Island you can build it on.

I tried making "The Rock" mission along time ago but...

-brain fart-   :-\
With all those Multiplayer maps in the pending list...
Somebody is gonna get a heart artak ;) lol!!!!!

Commando

« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2003, 01:13:17 »
Hey guys I have started to work a bit more on my the rock mission.
And i have used ags_industrial and ags_harbourkit + the kegeteys editor addon to make a very cool island/harbour out in the sea south of the south nogova bridge. I tried to attach a pic but i only get some strange error messages. So if any one want to see some pics you can IM , mail me add me to your msn or icq or something.

GrimMonkey

« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2003, 03:02:04 »
or group west units with a east soldier as the leader and in the east units init box use deleteVehicle this so west soldiers act as east soldiers and west conside them east

Thank you! You answered a question I had some time earlier!