Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Another New Campaign  (Read 3777 times)

m21man

Another New Campaign
« on: 25 Jul 2003, 06:28:14 »
I'm making a new campaign, it's essentially a very detailed look at the Cold War Crisis campaign, except from the Soviet side. Except, in this version, Guba has a great deal of SAM batteries, which totally change the campaign by neutralizing all NATO aircraft that get within 25 miles or so of Soviet territory. This, of course, totally changes the course of the war.

The campaign is actually a bundle of 4 campaigns, so that you can play in the role that you prefer most. The main campaign is a Spetznatz campaign, cuz I love to play as special forces. You command your elite team as you fight through missions on all 4 main BIS islands. Missions vary from destroying armor and protecting convoys to rooting out entrenched resistance fighters and sabotaging power/telephone lines. You can frequently call in air support/artillery fire during this campaign. You can make choices throughout the campaign which lead into different mission branches. For instance, if you chose to flee from a town when the Americans launch a heavy attack, not only might you end up in the woods fighting resistance, but HQ might assign you on a lone, near-suicidal mission to see if you're still a worthy soldier. If you were to stand and fight, you could receive reinforcements and some lightweight assignments. The structures of the missions in the Spetznatz campaign are mostly laid out, and I'm going to finish them as soon as I buy a better computer. At the moment, I have about 15 Spetznatz missions, all of which are about 25-50% done. I have about 5 more planned.

As for the other campaigns, there is an armor, a basic infantry, and an air campaign. All of these campaigns are, on average, 5-10 missions long.

As for help, I'll post it on the recruiting depot if I need it, which I will ;). I won't need addons (I think!), but I'm lost in the making-briefing-pictures department.

Please post comments on what you think of this.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2003, 06:29:20 by m21man »

m21man

Re:Another New Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2003, 06:31:38 »
Oh, and if you come up with a good name for one or more of these campaigns, could you post it?

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2003, 07:09:22 »
Doomed From Conception: The Campaign That Was Never Finished

edit:
in case you don't get it, you plan 20 missions for 1/4 of the campaign (5-10 per other 1/4), which totals ~40-50 missions for the entire campaign.  considering BIS makes nowhere near that many missions in an expansion pack, it is perfectly logical (i think) to infer that the missions will therefore be of [1 / (# of your missions / # of BIS missions)] BIS quality or less.

edit2:
and so i don't get yelled at for being a jackass, this means try to focus on quality more than quantity, because if your 1st-3rd mission doesn't hold the interest of the average ofp player, they will not even think of playing the other 47.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2003, 07:20:39 by pablo_m123 »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2003, 11:51:56 »
Yeah, make sure you do something that draws the player in

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2003, 17:13:01 »
i suggest you look at a mini-series kind of thing. and say each mission is an episode, and u release 'em every few weeks when u finish 'em. that way u get your story, your small campaign, and the quantity that pablo was good enough to mention

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2003, 20:46:46 »
I see your point :-\. I'll try to blend what I feel is the best mission of each miny campaign into the Spetznatz campaign and eliminate what I feel are the weakest Spetznatz missions. This will bring the number of missions to around 20-22, and remember, this is not just a concept. I've been working on this campaign for forever and a day, so a good portion of the Spetznatz missions have all the units and waypoints laid out :), as well as some of the scripts. I'm going to finish this campaign.

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2003, 05:41:00 »
also, as far as I know, SAM sites have nothing near a 25m radius on them

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2003, 08:04:26 »
also, as far as I know, SAM sites have nothing near a 25m radius on them

huh ? i know dere were patriots here (not in ma city - but vity near me) -  just near 1 of da old hoods - but dere mebe was 25m between em  :-\ just every1dere was complainin dat dey 2 close  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul 2003, 14:19:51 »
wtf? where did metres come from, we're talking miles here LCD. Check back on the original post.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2003, 16:08:14 »
m ? meters ? or we talkin american ?

ohh sry was talkin bout patriots  :-[ i drink 2 much latly  :-X

put it realy close 2 som old hoods here  :-X

LCD OUT

m21man

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2003, 02:08:09 »
Last  time I checked, the SA-6 Gainful (The type SAM Guba will have) has a range of over 150km.

m21man

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul 2003, 02:11:56 »
As for the mini-series idea, I'll try a beta version. It'll be 4 missions long, and you will be able to accumulate weapons using the weaponpool commands, call in artillery/airstrikes, and deploy fortifications. There's more features, but they're secret at the moment 8).

Phantom

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2003, 03:58:46 »
MILES LCD !MILES!. America uses feet not metres.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2003, 06:46:07 »
were not all americans ya know :P

LCD OUT

Phantom

« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2003, 07:26:24 »