Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My first weapon... OICW  (Read 5457 times)

Black_Mantis

My first weapon... OICW
« on: 25 Jul 2003, 00:41:53 »
Hi,
   this is my FIRST weapon I've made for Opflash and I'm pretty proud. Unfortunatly the attachment thing says the max size is only 50KB (how are people suppose to test addons like this?) but that's the picture, anyway. Except I need help. Does anyone know a tutorial on making weapon sights and how to make the thing zoom in and out? I tried fiddling with the zoom settings and it's so confusing!!! One problem is that I can never find out which is THE REAL minimum zoom setting to the max zoom setting, and when I zoomed in, I noticed that the bullet path went up or down!!!

And is there another tutorial on how to make a grenade launcher for this weapon? Thanks!

polat

Re:My first weapon... OICW
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2003, 03:50:05 »
I like your gun. It looks good. :wow: ;D

Black_Mantis

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2003, 01:24:03 »
Ah, here's an SA80 I made within a few hours. I'm starting to get the hang of this. So, any tutorials on adding grenade launchers?

Black_Mantis

New muzzle flash
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2003, 01:29:01 »
Wow I'm starting to get the hand of this. Added new muzzle flash and burst mode. Check it out... plus got my SA80 working and I'm gonna make a SUSAT sight for it. Plus I'm gonna get started on a G11...

Black_Mantis

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2003, 01:38:05 »
And the other one...

MPKING

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2003, 18:51:31 »
The OICW looks a bit different now... ::) :-X

Black_Mantis

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2003, 01:41:02 »
Wow, cool. Where did you get that pic? Anyway, I've also made a G11 (I'm advancing real quick). Has that special 2100RPM burst mode, new sounds and the all.

Black_Mantis

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2003, 01:46:05 »
And the other...

MPKING

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2003, 02:42:30 »
can't remember if it was the BIS forum or digital Grenade forum i found them. ???
here's another... ;)

Btw. Your weapons look pretty damn good for first timers.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2003, 02:46:21 by MPKING »

Black_Mantis

« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2003, 01:47:16 »
Thanks. I have had experience in model editing but it normally involved hard stuff like making guns out of squares and stuff... making vertixes and making faces out of them is SO GODDAMN EASIER!!! It's unbelievable, I mean, I picked it up pretty quickly! I think other model programs should adopt this idea. Anyway, I could never get them into games cause they required you to buy something or download plugins... now o2 is perfect. So incase your wondering, making weapons using vertices is a whole new way for me that I think is the best.

And I was thinking about making an OICW CQB, a sort of mix between the weapon and a SMG inspired from Ghost Recon.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #10 on: 03 Aug 2003, 01:50:04 »
From what I know (from watching mail call ;)) the pic of the OICW that MPKING posted is thge weapon that will be used in combat... or somethin like that...

MPKING

« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2003, 00:39:28 »
It seems that HK is not the only corperation making a OICW.
The image i posted is perhaps the AAI corperation entry for the O.I.C.W. program. ???

Offline Maatz

• Members
  • What are you lookin' at?
« Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2003, 10:59:13 »
That looks really good!
Keep them up!!!

cliff

« Reply #13 on: 11 Oct 2003, 11:50:52 »
Just a note- The H&K pack from Lost Brothers has a neat OICW in it. Working grenadelauncher and all. I highly recommend their stuff, and perhaps youÂ'll get some new ideas for your own weapons in there.

Torak

« Reply #14 on: 12 Oct 2003, 12:56:59 »
As far as I can recall from Eurosatory last year, HK got the design contract, and the production contract was awarded to Alliant Techsystems. The design's slimmed down a bit from the big rounded thing; imagine the best-known prototype, but then imagine that all the rounded bits are shrinkwrap....