Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: intro  (Read 1248 times)

vanGoGH

intro
« on: 24 Jul 2003, 17:32:06 »
I created an intro and a mission. But when I export this to a multiplayer mission, the intro wont show. How do I solve this?

thanks

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:intro
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2003, 17:46:39 »
try posting the script so we can have a ganders at it
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

vanGoGH

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2003, 17:53:07 »
no scripts involved, its all done in the editor. When exporting it to single player mission, it works. But as multiplayer mission it doesnt..

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2003, 18:03:01 »
Intros created in the editor don't work in multiplayer.  If you want an intro in multi you have to use scripts

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2003, 02:33:42 »
Bit of a correction here...

Intros do not work in multiplayer full stop. It doesn't matter if they're scripted or editor driven.

It is possible to have a cutscene at the start of the mission, but the 'intro' section of the editor is skipped in MP.

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2003, 09:05:53 »
Van Gogh, I found this out a bit late myself. My workaround via help from MacGuba and others was to copy and paste the elements from the intro into the mission itself and just have triggers activate it at the start of the mission.  

Scripting it is more reliable , but you can get something to work this way. After the "intro" is finished, you can have a trigger to deletevehicle all unnecessary vehicles, objects, units, etc. to help ease lag in your game. Hope that helps!  ;D