Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Transport Ship add on?  (Read 1728 times)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:Transport Ship add on?
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2003, 20:28:21 »
yeah the LSD i mentioned is a good one for both static and Semi interactive, though i do think the ai has trouble landing on it not woo sure

vektorboson

« Reply #16 on: 25 Jul 2003, 00:52:31 »
yeah why wouldnt the BAS "strap down" script thingy work with other transport vehicles?

BAS trick works for any transport vehicle... You just need to define a vehicle as a soldier and make moveincargo. Well you have to make sure, that this unit gets into the right cargo position.
It works for the AEF train, too.  ;D

Mooseman

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2003, 12:21:14 »
I tried the LSD and it works with V1.91!

Graphics are fair enough, it has a moving radar; only the flags seem to be static which looks a bit funny.

I also encountered the mentioned problems with running through walls / falling through floor. In fact I couldn't really enter the ship's cargo compartment...

These issues weren't relevant for my purposes since I need the ship for scenery. I think a proper working cargo ship would be nice though...

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jul 2003, 12:49:04 »
mooseman... thats why i said it doesnt work in 1.91 - when it was first released it was very possible to enter the wet dock and other such stuff without falling through the floor... it needs updating  ::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Mooseman

« Reply #19 on: 26 Jul 2003, 13:07:26 »
Ah okay... that would be nice indeed...

Well I hope, the update it some time...

Another thing is when you drive the boat, the third person perspective is not too helpful. Same holds true for the LST... You should have some sort of far view on the boat...