Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Control Patrick O'Connor's destiny  (Read 1851 times)

Sportsfool231

Control Patrick O'Connor's destiny
« on: 22 Jul 2003, 00:45:43 »
hehe, this should be cool  ;D

Ok, the first cutscene will be this grunt named Patrick O'Connor graduating from West Point (aka hes a brand new 2nd lieutenant)

His friends come up and say something like...

"Hey pat, we finally graduated yada yada blah blah
Where you going to specialty school?"

at this point the action menu will popup
and the player will have the option of selecting:

"I'm off to chopper school to be a pilot"
"I'm off to jump school to be inthe 101st Airborne"
"I'm going to Ranger school. Hooah!"
"Green Berets"
"Sniper school"

whatever you select, thats the campaign you get. It all centers around the Russian occupation of everon. for example if you select airborne you'll go through jump school and then you'll be deployed and will jump behind enemy lines with the 101st, or if youre a pilot, you'll fly and destroy tanks/fly troops around

what do you guys think, each seperate campaign will be short-- probably 5 missions each...but then you get to start over  ;)

what do you think? if you have questions. comments or want to help bfinns@sbcglobal.net is my email and Sportsfool231 is my AIM.

Gooner861

Re:Control Patrick O'Connor's destiny
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2003, 00:52:33 »
To me a beginner that sounds bloody gud and if u can pull it off i wud b very interested in it.

Sportsfool231

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2003, 00:57:45 »
gooner ive read all your stuff about how you cant decide what to do , why dont you help me with this, im a beginner too

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2003, 11:08:41 »
it's a good idea. but think a bit more, or do some research before you go public. you can't just go, yeh, i'm goin into the green beret's straight from westpoint, or sniper school. You have to spend time as a rifleman to be a sniper, and officer's can't be snipers. Green Beret's yes, but SF units are run in the field mainly by NCO's, not officers.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2003, 12:00:09 »
Yeah. Phantom's right there. Every SAS book I've read the leader of the squad has been an NCO. A sergeant. Not one CO.

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2003, 13:33:54 »
It wud b gud 2 make but i aint got a clue how u wud do it all, but mayb yeah i mite help u out.

Sportsfool231

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2003, 17:53:07 »
good idea fellas....maybe i will make two large campaigns, one as an officer, one as an enlisted man.....in each one you'll get promoted, etc

Officer
tank commander
pilot
ranger platoon commander
airborne platoon commander
spec op (maybe)

enlisted man
tank driver/gunner
paratrooper
sniper
spec op
ranger

maybe i will have each start out as a regular soldier in a rifle company....then the oppurtunity happens....bah i dont know goooner help me out i know nothing you know nothing we can teach ourselves

Phantom

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2003, 11:00:07 »
like i said
DO SOME RESEARCH
since your talking U.S. forces, a chopper pilot can be a CWO, which is a chief warrant officer and is a senior NCO as far as I know. They're not called Spec Op's. And the officers are rarely in the thick of it. They're there mainly for admin purposes, as well as training, but not really then even. platoon commander's are usually sergeants I think.

mikeb

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2003, 17:38:39 »
officer heads a platoon - usually nothing higher than a lt, will have a platoon sgt or ssgt and then usually the platoon is split into sections of, say, 9-12 men each is headed by a section commander which is often a corporal or MAYBE a sgt.  or course that structure changes if you have spec ops for example when your unlikely to have any privates and also (as mentioned in otherposts) rarely any officers at all.  anyway, you rarely get a platoon of spec ops working as a platoon as such (although it depends what you're counting as spec ops - rangers could be called a spec ops unit possibly, although that would be stretching somewhat)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2003, 17:56:04 »
every soldier in most organised armies has been trained as a rifleman so no matter what the job, he could be put on the front lines and fight just as well

Phantom

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2003, 00:46:35 »
yeh, but if you get a tank driver, he's not just gonna go, yeh, i'm up here because i can be a rifleman. he wouldn't be as good as a trained rifleman. you need a reason, the only one i can think of is that his tank has blown up.

Phantom

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2003, 00:50:54 »
yeh, but if you get a tank driver, he's not just gonna go, yeh, i'm up here because i can be a rifleman. he wouldn't be as good as a trained rifleman. you need a reason, the only one i can think of is that his tank has blown up.

Homefry31464

« Reply #12 on: 02 Aug 2003, 00:49:39 »
So, for the idea, make it so he says "I want to be a ....", and it allows you to assume he takes the appropriate steps to become what he wants to be.