Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Large Invasion Campaign  (Read 1068 times)

Sportsfool231

Large Invasion Campaign
« on: 17 Jul 2003, 06:55:34 »
this will probably take a large amount of time, but heres my idea:

Ok, lets say the commies have control of all of "sicily" except the small island off the south east coast. Thats the NATO Staging area.

i think this would all work good as a campaign

first mission: A10 Strike
lead a squadron of a-10s on a bombing run in the north to destroy enemy armor

second mission: 82nd Airborne Drop
about 100 men dropped from 4 CH47's, youre an officer in charge of a squad. objective is, clear out most Red Patrols and surround northern portion of the Red HQ.

third mission: 101st Air Assault
5 UH-60's drop 5 squads, take out enemy airbase south of the HQ, destroy something like a fuel dump, heavy infantry resistance

fourth mission: D-Day 1985
go ashore against heavy armor and infantry resistance, control of 8 men or so, 100 total NATO AIs, storming up the beach, killing what they can

fifth: Linkup
linkup with the 101st by breaking through the beach defenses, upon reaching form up area, CH-47s bring in a lot of trucks, humvees, (theres a script for heli cargo, i know) board trucks, start convoy

sixth: convoy
youre in a hummer or in control of an abrahams squad to protect the convoy against light infantry and lighty armored resistance, maybe call in a few AH1s to clear out the area of t72s

7th: outskirts
lead a squad, break through outer-HQ defenses, have AI snipers covering you, heavy armored and heavy infantry resistance

8th: linkup with the 82nd
82nd has broken thru from the north, link up with them, encompass the last line of commie defense around their hq and just send them all the hell

9th: evac
all soldiers have to evacuated, so youre in charge of a squad within a company of about 50 troops assigned to give cover around UH-60 helipads. commie reinforcements have come in from mother russia, times running out, etc. give cover, then get aboard UH-60s or ch47s yourself.

bah im just thinking out loud here. i think this would be kind of cool to do, anyone want to help me with it?  ;D
maybe add a couple assasination/sniper missions, a couple airstrikes, etc

just let me know bfinns@sbcglobal.net is my email
Sportsfool231 is my AIM

Phantom

Re:Large Invasion Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:19:42 »
it's a good idea, and i love large assault missions. but i'd take down some of the numbers, because if you've got a company of 100 men, you'll need a lot of enemy. which will probably bring it up to the 200 mark.

Sportsfool231

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2003, 17:42:56 »
true, i was thinking like maybe show a cutscene of 100 men getting into choppers and then, as you play, you see men parachuting all around you but theres only like 50 or 60, im really going to have to know scripts for this haah

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2003, 17:46:17 »
not really. just use the camera and you can do trick photography, just give the impression that there's heaps of people

Sportsfool231

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2003, 17:47:36 »
maybe ill just show a cutscene of 100 men entering 4 ch47s, and in the briefing ill say that theres 2000 paratroopers jumping,  then when youre playing youll see a lot of men parachuting around you but it will only be about 50. meh. i agree with youtho, the troops are going to take countless hours just to be placed on the map, and in the end it will probably all lag up.

anyway heres what im going to do: im going to fiddle around with smaller, one squad vs one squad missions until i figure the exact campaign storyline. I STILL NEED HELP, IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP ME ON THIS PROJECT IT WOULD BE GREAT