Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hey fellas! Isn't it about time ...  (Read 1209 times)

jamie_psx

Hey fellas! Isn't it about time ...
« on: 11 Jul 2003, 15:28:44 »
Since OFPEC initiated the "magazines and ammo" standardization process for unofficial addons,
how 'bout you guys extend this to aircraft (planes and choppers) weapons loadouts as well.

I mean, I'm downloading the final (v1.3) F/A-18 hornet addon, but I'm doing out of curiosity.
It's not gonna be among my permanent unofficial addons, cuz I don't feel like having 12 or more F-18 planes listed in my editor menu.
(One grey ground attack version, one grey interceptor version, one brown ground attack version, one brown interceptor version, etc)

I don't know about the rest of you, but my menus are getting pretty hard to manage even with the Mods folders trick.

So here's my suggestion:

Aircraft addon-makers create just one or two (for alternate camo schemes) planes listed in a menu, and include a script that will load the official OFP Ammo truck with all the weapons that can be loaded on to the plane).

That way, at the beginning of the mission you roll the truck up to your aircraft, select a weapon's loadout and take off.
Of course there's always an option to select the loadout in the "init" field.  (We could do this by cutting and pasting from a text file included with the addon).

But 10 or 12 (or even 4) versions of the same aircraft is too d*mn much.

Captain Winters

Re:Hey fellas! Isn't it about time ...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 18:29:59 »
Is that possible?

Tanks! 8)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:Hey fellas! Isn't it about time ...
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2003, 19:30:47 »
Since OFPEC initiated the "magazines and ammo" standardization process for unofficial addons,
how 'bout you guys extend this to aircraft (planes and choppers) weapons loadouts as well...

:-\ :) as far as I know, m8, ofpec doesn't set or dictates "standards", but an overall agreement on certain issues can result in what we could call a "signal" being sent out to whomever read our discussions around here....  :)

And yeah, I for my part understand yer thought.... its just that so many ppl mean their best when they create this & that custom ammo - mainly to stick to the REAL weapons/ammo of this & that aircraft etc.

If you're not uploading any missions that use these addons, you're always free to edit the addons (for private use), meaning that ya can tweak each aircraft to use the same ammo as all yer other addon-aircraft  :-*

I guess doing this is my own best shot at what to do about the whole ammo situation?!  :P :)