Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bat 21  (Read 1560 times)

Gooner861

Bat 21
« on: 10 Jul 2003, 16:20:43 »
I was flicking through the tv guide when i saw a film on friday called bat 21, it was about a pilot being shot down over enemy territory but the thing was that the area he crashed in is about to be carpet bombed by his own troops. Could make a gud mission but i have a feeling ur going to reply and say its been dun.

aazell

Re:Bat 21
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2003, 17:31:09 »
I've seen that movie. It's got danny glover in it.

It's not a bad idea for an sp map.

Or what about an MP map where one player spawns as the downed pilot deep in enemy territory and his team mates have to rescue him.

The enemy have to kill him to win the match. The team have to get the pilot back to thier base to with the match. The pilot can try to get back by himself too of course.

Bit like protect the vip really.

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2003, 06:49:43 »
I think that would be sweet for single player. You start off in the middle of some area and you have to fight enemy troops to escape before your own side bombs you!!

eversman

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2003, 21:12:28 »
I saw it - very good movie.

SoldierX

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2003, 19:05:50 »
i think its based on a true story. durin the vietnam war.

PBA12511

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:44:43 »
It is based on a true story, but the movie portrays it very badley. Waht actually happened is a SEAL and a Kit Carson scout dressed as VC got in a Sampan and went up the river in the middle of the night and picked him up.

No one was gonna carpet bomb anything in real life, that guy that joined him never joined him. 11 people however did die in failed attempts to save him.

That movie sucked.

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:55:15 »
I've seen that movie. It's got danny glover in it.

It's not a bad idea for an sp map.

Or what about an MP map where one player spawns as the downed pilot deep in enemy territory and his team mates have to rescue him.

The enemy have to kill him to win the match. The team have to get the pilot back to thier base to with the match. The pilot can try to get back by himself too of course.

Bit like protect the vip really.

they already have a mission  like that in the nam era a scout plane gets shot down and you have to rescue him

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:56:49 »
It is based on a true story, but the movie portrays it very badley. Waht actually happened is a SEAL and a Kit Carson scout dressed as VC got in a Sampan and went up the river in the middle of the night and picked him up.

No one was gonna carpet bomb anything in real life, that guy that joined him never joined him. 11 people however did die in failed attempts to save him.

That movie sucked.

yeah but what is fun about that they need drama and action and stuff to make you pay outrageous prices to see it...so throw in carpet bombings and everything

SoldierX

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2003, 04:55:57 »

That movie sucked.

ya one of the seals was actually vietnese so it scared the downed pilot a littile