Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wot shall id do as my first ever mission, i dunno wot 2 do?  (Read 1894 times)

Gooner861

What shall id do as my first ever mission? I have so many ideas in my head but i reckon they r 2 complicated for me at the moment. Wot did u guys do for ur first mission? A simple invasion, defence?

max_killer_payne

Re:Wot shall id do as my first ever mission, i dunno wot 2 do?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2003, 20:18:11 »
You need some basic foundation to build upon. I mean if you ask us to think up an idea, we should know a bit about what you want ROUGHLY to happen. Like are you Russian or a yank.

Gooner861

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2003, 20:34:54 »
A yank of course. I h8 large scale invasions, ive had enuff of them, dont particulary like tank, helicopter missions. I am interested in some kind of ambush type mission.

I dont want u 2 give me a whole idea, i just wanna know wot type wud be gud 2 get me started, then i can move on from there once i ave dun it.

Cheers

PathFinder

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2003, 02:14:14 »
Here use this to start yourself off.

An ambush gone wrong. good luck

Cya
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2003, 02:15:25 by PathFinder »

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2003, 15:32:00 »
here's a tip, don't ask what you should do. i've seen people do it quite a few times, and they always get told not to ask what to do. think independantly.
is it me, or do the new people nowadays just seem to be getting lazier. you could look through some of the other ideas, and try and use that to give u an idea, but please don't ask other people to do the work for you

max_killer_payne

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2003, 17:34:49 »
I agree with Phantom. I mean, how can you submit the mission and say its mine when you didn't even make the story or history. All you would've done is unit placement and added in a cupla of triggers, music and speech.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2003, 07:28:49 »
Belive me, itÂ's harder to come up with sumthing when u got more skill. When u think uÂ're good enough u always wants to make something great and new to the game. Something noon have ever played before but when u dont got the skill u can do whatever u want to do. Do u c what I mean? I always wants to do sumthing amazing but it always f00ks up cause its to complicated, actually, IÂ've never done a mission that I was proud of and IÂ've been editing for over a year now... :-\

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2003, 19:33:10 »
I get wot ur trying 2 say but wudnt sum1 with alot of skill therefore obviously b able to make better misions than sum1 like me, who is new 2 editing?

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2003, 23:28:38 »
so u didn't get what he is saying, i'll try and break it down even more.
when you have very little skill, you don't try and make these holier than thou missions that are to serve some great purpose in the community, because they are rarely ever finished, and even rarer, is that they're as good as u thought it'd be. My first mission was a large scale black hawk down mission. i had to do very basic stuff, it was basically, trucks drive in, men get out, get in choppers, choppers take people to town, choppers unload and u have a major assault on your hands! and it was bloody fantastic fun to make and play. with more skill comes the want to use that skill. and you can sometimes lose the fun side. it's easy to make a fun mission with little skill, because it's not complicated.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2003, 01:16:31 »
 Well.... IMO  

if you want to make a simple mission you can always do one of these:

1) Black Ops mission where you sneak in and blow something up .....

*make a base or whatever... place some guards..  then have a couple of black ops with satchels and silenced weapons on your side.

2) Sniper Mission.  

*sneak in behind enemy lines  ( or even start there) wait for a specific target to  land/arrive/wake up/etc....   then eliminate and exfiltrate ;)

3) attack a convoy Guerilla style.

*some armor and some trucks with infantry ..  if the infantry is grouped with the truck then they will hop out automatically if under fire.

I'd say IMO those are probably some of the three simplest missons  I can think of.

And once you have a few completed missions you can easily borrow from them to make following missons ...   like copy/paste   patrol routes from one mission to the other and pre-made bases and such ...

I personally like those missons that have  you sneaking into a town  to kill about 150  soldiers  and the placing upwards of 18 satchel charges in said town before retreating to a near by-hill and setting off a rocket fuel depot :o  

:cheers:

Gooner861

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2003, 13:48:53 »
It dont matter no more im in the process of making a type of ambush/defend the town type mission where ur outnembered etc and Phantom ur rite it is much more fun 4 me making this mission with less skill.