Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Friends Turned Foe  (Read 1404 times)

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Friends Turned Foe
« on: 03 Jul 2003, 10:12:54 »
How about a campaign or mission where there is a war going on between two nations and you are sent in as an allie for one of them. However, when you get there, for whatever reason, the side that you have come to help turns against you. So now instead of fighting along side another force, you are now fighting the original enemy as well as the guys you were suppose to help.

There could be plenty of missions for a campaign where you are suppose to do something simple like ambush a convoy, but while you are trying to set mines or whatever, the 3rd force attacks your position so now you have to try to hold them off AND ambush the convoy, making it that much harder.

bigdog632

Re:Friends Turned Foe
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2003, 09:46:08 »
instead of for whatever reason make it a double cross they make it seem they are at war to drag you in then they turn on ya and show their true colors

deaddog

« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2003, 15:50:27 »
A three way slugfest would actually be kind of cool.  Not a lot of missions utilize the fact that the resistance can be made "friendly to no one".

My enemys' enemy is not always my friend  :)

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2003, 06:53:22 »
Yeah, like one mission could be that you have found the location of a resistance camp in the forest and you are on your way to attack it, but before you get there you see Soviet helicopters fly overhead and bomb the base. Then they drop off paratroopers who start to fight you while the surviving members of the resistance come out of the forest and start to fire at both you and the Soviets!

deaddog

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2003, 22:57:04 »
That's a good idea.  8)  So when will you have the mission ready?  ;D

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2003, 08:40:35 »
I just come up with the mission ideas, I'm not that good at making them.  :P
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2003, 08:40:48 by ZeekLTK »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2003, 08:42:58 »
A good story eats everything. This could be something.