Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Waypoint Option  (Read 1181 times)

VisciousDog

Waypoint Option
« on: 27 Jun 2003, 15:42:41 »
I am trying to find a script or code, or how to have a waypoint appear and dissapear. What I am trying to get at is, I am making a C&H mission. That when a player (Pilot) enters a aircraft, like a A-10 for west, or SU-25 for East, a waypoint suddenly appears. But I was told that it is going to be a huge script. So I thought of, Radio command (Onto players from a trigger) for only Pilot players. Radio Alpha: to show Waypoint, Radio Bravo: not to show waypoint. Another option is the player (pilot) can move the marker on the map for a waypoint, and the waypoint will appear (move around) where the marker is. The thing is when players fly aircrafts on Ofp, they tend to get lost on maps, even to the point off the map. If they have a locked waypoint they will not get lost and can find there way back or to the area. And some players who will be playing ground troops, will tend to find the waypoint annoying.

VisciousDog

Re:Waypoint Option
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2003, 01:54:43 »
So, no one knows how to do this?

It can not be done? "Impossible"?

This is all I need done, and map can be sent out for people to play on.

PheliCan

« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2003, 16:06:03 »
Couldn't you attach an eventHandler on the aircrafts and make it run a script when someone jumps in the aircraft that place a waypoint on the map?

One thing thu...

If you're using markers, you'll have to create them in the editor and move 'em around.
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2003, 16:07:10 by PheliCan »

VisciousDog

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2003, 22:04:26 »
Couldn't you attach an eventHandler on the aircrafts and make it run a script when someone jumps in the aircraft that place a waypoint on the map?

Yeah, that is what I like to do, to make pilots (players) jump in a aircraft and a Waypoint suddenly appears, then fly around on the map alot easier instead of getting lost (Been there, done that "Off the map and got lost").  The Aircrafts (A-10's and SU25's are markers). This is all I need done, and this C&H map can be sent out for all of us to play on.
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2003, 22:26:33 by VisciousDog »