Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Landing crafts used by d-day  (Read 623 times)

Tjeerdovrieso

Landing crafts used by d-day
« on: 25 Jun 2003, 09:07:47 »
Another idea:

The landing crafts used by America to transport all of their units to Onaha and Utah beach.

Would be a nice idea I think, so you can make mission which start with a kind of invasion, like D-day! ;D

Tjeerdovrieso

DeLiltMon

Re:Landing crafts used by d-day
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2003, 09:18:06 »
You mean the Higgins boat, try this:
http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=129

p00_p00

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2003, 09:52:33 »
Yeah its around somewhere

Did the Brits n Canadians use this as well???

SIgh: how everyone think the US won the war.....

I admitt that they helped win the war (w/o em Germany wouldve walked all over Western Europe), but the Brits also did MOST of the dirty work.

Black Fox

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2003, 09:56:41 »
Whoo, you're gonna start a flamewar with that kind of talk!

p00_p00

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2003, 10:40:02 »
I AM NOT!

Im just trying to fix a few misconceptions that ppl think that
1) THe Americans stole the Enigma since U-571 says so
- Clearly not the case, since it was the Brittish with help from Polish agents which had helped located U-101 (or was it U-110) near the coast of Iceland. It was a 100% Brittish operation that the Ultra was even cracked!

2) Saving Private Ryan mainly depicts the single Omaha Beach Landing. Many ppl then believe that other nations were not present. However The Brittish had a sizeable landing force as well as some Canadians and some other allies

3) Many people simply think that the Americans were also in the begginig of the war. They entered the war in around December 1941, when Pearl Harbour was bombed. A far cry from American Foreign Policy of today.
Oh how I admire Franklin D Rooselvet! One of America's great leaders (just to prove that I am no anti-American). Other notable mentions are Abraham Linchon and of course George Washington.

Just to name a few misconceptions. All these are facts and I simply wish to raise awareness. If I do start a flaming match, I cannot be held accountable!

Skaven

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2003, 11:07:12 »
Mate at ofpec we have nothing to do with politics, we have Americans, French,Brittish,German,Spanish people and god knows how many more, as you can guess we wanna keep it that way, so please reserve those comments to yourself cause we are an International Community where we live and respect eachothers many times despite our politics issues  ;)

Topic Locked
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2003, 11:08:28 by Skaven »