Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Campaign ideas!!!  (Read 1504 times)

rancor_man67

Campaign ideas!!!
« on: 24 Jun 2003, 14:44:36 »
Hey all,

I am thinking of starting a campaign!

I have two ideas:

1) Return to Everon/Malden, some peace keeping thingo or somthing. This would have the advanced weaponary and veichaels of todays armys.

2) Same as ofp campaign, but as a diffrent soilder. I started this already, but i may not be as interesting as i first thought.

At any rate i would need help. I am thinking about making a website about this campaign too.

I have just got normal ofp, but i am thinking about getting restance.

What do you think?? Reply if you are interested!!!

Thanks very much,

Rancor.

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Re:Campaign ideas!!!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2003, 20:15:08 »
**opinion**

try not to take this the wrong way, but from your post it doesn't look like you have put much thought into what you are suggesting.  if you want people to line up for your campaign, make a really impressive first mission, and then ask.  i mean i don't want to sound harsh or anything, its just that there are a lot of campaigns for people to join, so in order to get talent you will need to show you have something unique to offer, you know?

**/opinion**

eversman

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2003, 21:54:44 »
Prabobly you have right pablom 123, but from his post follows that he's new in comunity.
Hey rancor... write the story and do first mission.

rancor_man67

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2003, 08:46:17 »
Ok, yeah, sorry, i suppose i jumped in without giving much information or anything.

After some thought i have decided that the first idea is the better one, as people would most likley get board playing the orignal ofp campaign again, even if it was from a different view.

So... Here's the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the year 2003, and you, Private David Walter are enjoying a month of intensive traning on the small island of Malden. Suddenly a call comes through from a nearby island Everone, saying that overnight violance has flared up everywhere. Citizens have taken up arms left over from the Cold War many years previously, and have, in effect, taken over the island. Many high ranking citizens have been taken hostage, and some even say that there have been execoutions. The islands appeal for help, as a Civil war could mean the end of the population on the island.
A satlite pass conformed that the island had in deed been taken over by a rebel force, and the American presedent reacted quickly. Your month of traning was canceled and you and your squad where assigned to be the advance team. Your mission is to take Lamitin, to clear the way for the rest of the US forces.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have started the first mission, and i'll stick it up here as soon as its ready.'

What do you think of the storyline, etc? Please tell me so i can make it as good as possible.

I am not sure how big this campaign is going to be, but i think i will be needing some help. Some addon makers would be nice to, if anyones interested!!

Please check back soon, as i will be putting the first mission up.

I have been around ofpec for a while but haven't put up any of my missions befoure.

Thanks,

Rancor.

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2003, 08:48:54 by rancor_man67 »

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2003, 10:23:15 »
**opinion**

sounds good, though you might want to go explain why the citizens are rebelling.  the storyline of the campaign overall, however,  never seems to be as important as the quality of the individual missions when it comes to popular missions.

**/opinion**

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2003, 08:15:28 »
i recommend getting resistance i like the missions there ya get more reaslism.....at lkeast thats what the game says

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2003, 23:23:35 »
To make the story line better, we need to know why the citizens are angry, and more about why you are there.

Black Operative

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2003, 03:54:16 »
I would, personally, suggest that it all begins with retaking the airfield and maybe St.Philippe, then a ground campaign for reconquering Everon starts, heading to Lamentin (which is the capital) and then, Phase III, heading south to conquer the rest of Everon and neutralize remaining rebel troops there.

Gooner861

« Reply #8 on: 05 Jul 2003, 19:32:47 »
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!!!!

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 07 Jul 2003, 18:05:58 »
here's what I think, It's a very good base storyline, because there's a lot you can do with it, the problem with saying why they're rebelling is this. It leaves nothing, you've given everything away pretty much, so make that an evolving objective, to find out just why they're rebelling. Think way WAY back to the original OFP Campaign, what did they give away, jack all. You knew you were going to some weird ass island to help out. Then you thought that these guys might be russian, it evolved and kept me and, many others entertained. So I'd say start off with a small intro mission, even if it's just a nice chunky cutscene, showing the training your doing, what the character is like etc. etc. Then, maybe at roll call, your platoon commander is dressed in full kit, which is strange for a training area, unless there's an excercise planned, give him a camo face just to top off the look, and make all the trainees have some weird ass training order on, just so that he stands out, then they just go, your gonna go check out this place, and let the story evolve at it's own pace, it'll keep people playing missions.

oh, and please, not the americans, they're a ver VERY conventional fighting force, they like to work BIG, so what if it was someone else for a change, the brits will be more likely to be operating around the coastal islands because of the peacekeeping work they do. so make 'em para's or somethin! that way we're not stuck with americans in our games as well as on the telly. anyway mate, if you wanna talk a bit more about it, i'd be happy to help with a story line coz i'm on skool hols at the moment and have jack all to do

winston_chiller@hotmail.com is my msn
winston_chiller2003 is for yahoo

cheers