Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: RE: Res handguns. Some handy info.  (Read 1369 times)

Baphomet

RE: Res handguns. Some handy info.
« on: 05 Sep 2002, 00:33:36 »
-Quote-  
"I don't know what I was doing wrong, but here's what I did when it worked:

1. You WILL have to redo your addon.  Luckily, you're like most people and your addon is based on an existing "official" OFP unit, all of which were updated with the pistol information for 1.75.

The updated p3ds are contained in /Res/Dta/Data3d.pbo.  DePBO that sucker and get your .p3d model you based your unit on.

At this point, I used unpack-sqm to decrypt the .p3d model.  I have not had luck with xPack and 1.75 .p3d models.

From that point on, it's business as usual.  I used TextureP3D to swap out my textures, PBOTool to pack it up again, and I placed the finished PBO in my /Res/Addons folder.  Why not the original OFP/Addons?  Because my units are equipped with pistols and OFP 1.46 won't recognize the pistol classes and will crash, so there's no point.

I hope this helps some people, God knows I wish someone had told me "don't use xPack on 1.75 models" before.

This way you can redone your favourite unit addons to use pistols properly. But instead of unpack-sqm I recommend using decrypter1.4 get it from here" http://ofp.gamezone.cz/utilities/pbo_decryptor14.zip    

Quoted from  a helpful fellow by the name "N.o.R.S.u" Of the flashpoint1985 message board.