Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Only 63 groups per side are supported"  (Read 975 times)

Black Operative

"Only 63 groups per side are supported"
« on: 12 Jun 2003, 21:19:02 »
Goddamn, I've reached the limits of OFP!  :o  ;D

Well, does anyone know a way around "too many groups" or, better, does anyone know what makes the game say that there are too many groups? Just making less groups is obviously not the key, I figure it has something to do with the "name" field of a unit, but I still don't know exactly what. I may also be totally wrong with this.  ;)

Thanks for any answers! :)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:"Only 63 groups per side are supported"
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2003, 21:23:10 »
just group da lone soldiers 2gether ;)

after all - dat meny groups wil lag som comps  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Black Operative

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2003, 21:29:36 »
just group da lone soldiers 2gether ;)

after all - dat meny groups wil lag som comps  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT

Roger that, will do. Sad, but I WILL override this by grouping the lone soldiers together and then giving them move commands at mission begin. Unfortunately this is not going to be precise as soldiers tend to stop a few meters before they reach their destination... :(

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2003, 21:58:17 »
Use the group tool, m8. If u use one single soldier for everythin theyƂ'll run around like, like, like, sumthing and noon have controll what the other one do. Group em and yer invasion or whatever will look nice and tidy. ;)

deaddog

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2003, 02:15:47 »
does anyone know what makes the game say that there are too many groups?
Well, having more than 63 groups is why.  It's important to know that an individual unit is also a group.  So one soldier is a group with one member and one tank is a group with three members (the crew).

And it's easier than you realize to go over that limit, isn't it?  :)  If we all had 3Ghz computers with lots of RAM that wouldn't be a problem.  ;D (I don't have one of those  :P)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2003, 09:27:51 »
Roger that, will do. Sad, but I WILL override this by grouping the lone soldiers together and then giving them move commands at mission begin. Unfortunately this is not going to be precise as soldiers tend to stop a few meters before they reach their destination... :(

:D Hey d00d, listen up! If ya talk about plain GUARDS or like that, just group 'em anyway & then set their "SPECIAL" field to NONE (where default is "in formation"), And then just place the morons whereever and put a "DoStop this" in the INIT field of the guys.

(or put it in the INIT of the leader) :    "doStop _x" foreach units this  :-* 8)