Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cut'n Down da Trees  (Read 2527 times)

PunkerSXDX

Cut'n Down da Trees
« on: 20 Aug 2002, 18:24:26 »
Is there any Way to Remove a Tree on a Map, (Without WRPEdit) to Provide a Clearing For the Choppers to Land?

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Cut'n Down da Trees
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2002, 18:28:13 »
Not likely no. I think someone has been able to move objects on Nogova, using the ObjectID thing. Although, since all that info was on the old forum, you will have to wait until that person (Can't remember who) makes it to the new forum and posts the solution again.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

dismas

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2002, 18:43:58 »
If you can find the tree's type (what it is called, or the object id) put down a game logic where the tree is, then use nearestObject or nearestBuilding to "get" the tree object, then you can probably move the tree with setPos.

I haven't tested this, so this is only a possible solution.

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2002, 18:48:27 »
the object id thing works but don't use it, it buggers up the map untill you restart flashpoint.

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2002, 18:49:03 »
Do never move objects that are already on the map. The object will stay moved until you exit OFP. A mission that needs the object at it's place and that's played after the mission that moved the object away will not run properly.

So the only solution for your problem is: find a suitable landing site without obstacles.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2002, 18:56:54 »
or another solution would be -----

use a large explosiong to fell the tress - (as long as they are not the ones in forests) and then try

although i think the choppers may not want to land there still.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2002, 19:56:45 »
I don't think they will Messiah, which is a bummer.
If someone feels like making a daisy cutter mission, you can make a new island/edit one of the existing ones, and create a clearing in the forest.
Then with all these editor addons you get placable trees (if I'm not mistaken) and place those in the clearing. Blow them up and you have created a daisy cutter effect. Cool huh?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Skaven

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2002, 20:05:43 »
 ;D  ;D  ;D I'm laughing like a dog here, Messiah indeed large explosions defenately won't to the work mate  ;D  ;D  ;D

I think the only solution for your problem is indeed using wrpedit, and remake a new island with the objects and proportions you want mate  ;)

You could try changing the original Island but I don't think that would be a nice solution, since you'll probably finnish, crashing the game, and than you'll have to reinstall it again  ;)

Anyway satisfy my curiosity, why do you need to clear a part
of the trees? You want to make a hole inside a forest I presume?  ???

« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2002, 20:08:48 by Skaven »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2002, 21:43:21 »
lol lol lol

oh well - it was worth i try

ummm - i gues making ya own map would work - just a bit tedious for a mission
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2002, 23:59:40 »
Well I Just want to Land in an Area Just Big enough For a Little Bird to Land, It still Works But The Pilot Hovers for Too Long and My Guys Get Shot up Real Bad Before we can Land, I guess I could Move the Battle But I like Modrava and the Little Ocean Front area. any Way Thanx

_hammy_

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2002, 01:08:20 »
no, well that i know of

tai mai shu

« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2002, 08:34:17 »
well, whats so bad about moving ten trees into another part of a forest??!??! i mean, it cant possibly make THAT much of a a difference in later missions!  

let me get this straight, bu using the "setpos object "blahblah123" getpos gamelogic1, then until you restart, the object stays where it was placed? thats lam, but in a forest of several hundred trees, i think a few being out of place wont be a problem.  ;D  ;)  ???

Homicide

« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2002, 08:42:28 »

[This Attachment has been Deleted By Routine Maintenance]
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2002, 08:43:34 by Homicide »

Jakerod

« Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2002, 06:05:08 »
Heres my solution dont know if it will work....take a tank and just have it run them all down (the trees that is)...then teleport it out.

i highlu doubt it will work but you could have the little bird go in low and slow it atleast wont be sitting still...only moving slowly. I would expect 75% casualties to what you normally have ;D
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2002, 06:06:27 by Jakerod »

tai mai shu

« Reply #14 on: 24 Aug 2002, 06:22:28 »
wouldnt work, cuz the forest is indestructable.  what h could do is make his own forest, and destroy it that way