Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Gunship  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Conflict109

• Members
  • no worries
Gunship
« on: 05 Jun 2003, 17:17:41 »
Id like to see (if at all possible), a AC-130H/U gunship which Contains a 105mm Howitzer, two 40mm cannons, and a  25mm Gatling Gun(GAU-12), it would be useful in close air support missions, plus if it could be fitted with flare launchers and other electronic countermeasures it would be a great all around addon...here are some specs http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/ac-130-specs.htm  thanks
C109
Hey!! Bring back my pants you friggin elves!

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Gunship
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2003, 18:08:25 »
CAS with a AC130? lol

the height they fly during missions is above what you can seen in OFP... its much simpler to create a bombardment script to simulate an AC130
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun 2003, 18:43:48 »
Lets say someone makes an AC-130H/U gunship you could have it fly at 500m which is right in the cloud mist and would scare the crap out of people....

-"Sshh you here that?"

-"Yeah it sounds like a plane"

BOOM

IW

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2003, 20:05:40 »
then have a sound effect of a plane... to me this seems a pointless addon  ::)

Wires

« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2003, 04:11:05 »
Then why are there any attack aircraft in the game Messiah? All can operate outside the view distance of the player and could easily be simulated by a sound effect and created munitions. ::)

I think it would be a very useful and fun addon especially from a the crew's perspective. Great for almost any mission set during or since Viet Nam. As I recall someone has been working on a Chinook with multiple weapons and there are a few C-130s in the making that look pretty good. Put these two projects together and you have yourself an AC-130 gunship :)

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2003, 05:23:47 »
ok my stupidity may be apparent in this post but i thought you couldnt have side firing weapons on an airplane

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jun 2003, 06:06:45 »
the height they fly during missions is above what you can seen in OFP... its much simpler to create a bombardment script to simulate an AC130

Go to my OFP site, and click on Scripts... then ENJOY! ;)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jun 2003, 09:37:59 »
yeah.... noony... was gonna link your site up - slipped my mind  ::)

Iwesshome

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jun 2003, 14:30:27 »
Well Noon I am defiantly going to try it out.... It would be nice to have a script like that in a mission

Shashman

« Reply #9 on: 06 Jun 2003, 16:02:04 »
Simple answer to this request is : no can do,sorry  :( The OFP engine simply doesn't allow side firing guns on aircraft nor does it allow turrets on fixed wing aircraft...

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jun 2003, 23:17:12 »
Simple answer to this request is : no can do,sorry  :( The OFP engine simply doesn't allow side firing guns on aircraft nor does it allow turrets on fixed wing aircraft...
Unfortunately true. For the moment, scripts like my one are about the only option.

However, don't ever discount the idea. One of OFP2's theatre of operations is a Vietnam-type area ... and we all know where the AC130's were used a lot. ;)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Iwesshome

« Reply #11 on: 06 Jun 2003, 23:23:46 »
Why do we have to wait  :noo:

calm_terror

« Reply #12 on: 07 Jun 2003, 00:30:26 »
what aboot just fixing the guns to a C-130 through a script?
ie attach or "mount" the weapons. i seen it don't in the twin towers script

Offline Conflict109

• Members
  • no worries
« Reply #13 on: 07 Jun 2003, 18:23:17 »
well i didnt realize i was going to get so much flak for suggesting this, i just thought it would be fun to circle above an enemy encampment and drop artillary on them as a great surprise, i do realize you cant fly so high, and i am looking forward to seeing whether or not this will be featured in OFP2.....too bad bout the side mounted weapons on planes, i just figured it was possible like putting a gattling gun on a chinook.... but then again im not a modler or anything close to it....but thanks for the input.
C109
Hey!! Bring back my pants you friggin elves!

Vyper

« Reply #14 on: 07 Jun 2003, 23:30:27 »
Flak, ironic as the subjects on a flying flak cannon (its not but let me run the joke yea?  ;) ;D).

Nah its not flak man, just discussion, the thing about the net is peoples true meanings can't come accross unless you spell them out.  It may be possible sometime in the future, hell so much has been achieved that was thought impossible....if not OFP2 might not have one already in but i'm sure the facilities to create one will be available

Vyper