Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: F/A18 Hornets!  (Read 1036 times)

Strangelove

F/A18 Hornets!
« on: 23 Mar 2003, 19:13:06 »
Hudson's F/A18 Hornets are out and they're the FFFing Dog's.

http://www.opflashpoint.org/

Completely useless at the moment, of course, seeing as we have no decent Soviet jets.

Hey-ho.  :-\

The following post is misinformed... the above link is for the final version.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2003, 15:02:47 by Strangelove »

The_Dude

Re:F/A18 Hornets!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2003, 19:52:19 »
Those have been out for a bit,
and a new version is coming out soon with tons of new features, this copied from ofp.info

-Animated cockpit canopy
-Animated folding wings
-Animated arrester hook
-Animated heads up display
-Animated custom landing gear
-Animated/Scripted sound barrier simulation. Complete with sonic boom and animated shockwave!
-Setup for carrier operations, very short takeoff and landing without scripts.
-20 new sounds
-Fixed geometry model
-Improved textures
-Incoming AA missile warning light and buzzer
-ALR-67 countermeasure system with working chaff. Automatic and manual countermeasure deployment
-CBU-87b Cluster Bombs with 6 different spread patterns
-Easy to setup popup dialog for CBU selection. Just add 1 simple line of code to your missions description.ext file
-CBU scripts track targets and record player scores. Cluster Bombs are animated with hundreds of exploding bomblets!
-Client side CBU management to minimize lag and localize CBU Process to the player which deployed CBU
-server side and client side code utilized to ensure proper animation and functionality for every player
-Scripted to control AI. AI uses all features of the aircraft as expected. AI speed is controlled now.
-Very Detailed readme text file with instructions on how to use the more advanced features and scripts
-commented scripts with debug mode

Yoshiro

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2003, 19:59:42 »
The new version is out.  Check out the official forums.

Strangelove

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2003, 20:10:18 »
The link was for the new version.

D'oh  :P

Wouldn't have bothered pointing it out otherwise.

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2003, 20:52:21 »
Yeah these hornets rock!! you can tell by my screen name what I wanna do after I get outta Riddle so these are a very welcome addition to OFP as far as I'm concerned.  I like that they gave the gray hornet Marine Corps markings...finally the marines get a decent addon....

Strangelove

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2003, 21:07:01 »
BIS say there will be no more patches.. so I'm a sad Strangelove.

Not because I want any of their mediocre addons  ;) but because it would be nice if they would support the efforts of all these top notch independent makers, in the time between now and Flashpoint 2. (e.g. planes cannot currently have mixed munition loadouts. This is shite... and needs to be fixed).

BTW... noticed one tiny bug with the hornets... if you try to fold the wings while your flaps are down (or something like this...) the flaps stay put while the wings close, leaving you with a couple of unsupported ailerons poking out. Bizarre...  ???
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2003, 21:30:57 by Strangelove »

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2003, 04:02:45 »
regarding the new release of the hornets. I was wondering if someone could help me along in finding out how to start the jets out empty and with the fings folded "up". I took a look at the read-me and could not figure out for the life of me what to put in the "init" field to an empty one to accomplish this.

any help would be appeciated

love these planes!!!

Offline Terame

• Members
  • Nice one OFPEC
    • http://fantasyscifi.com/main/ fantasy scifi sci-fi
« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2003, 07:31:26 »
regarding the new release of the hornets. I was wondering if someone could help me along in finding out how to start the jets out empty and with the fings folded "up". I took a look at the read-me and could not figure out for the life of me what to put in the "init" field to an empty one to accomplish this.

any help would be appeciated

love these planes!!!

Just downloaded, so I'll let you know soon...

this was in the readme:

Code: [Select]
"agvF18foldwing=true"

[EDIT]Yes just confirmed the code from the readme works, however it's a little clumsy as it doesn't so much start in the postion as it starts with the command to flold in place.

Short version? If you're trying to show a row of them parked you will see the animation of them all folding up...[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2003, 08:13:52 by terame »
You can travel to infinity though the endless passages of the cosmos. Even
better this belongs to you. This is your mind

The_Dude

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2003, 07:38:23 »
Ignore The Dude... this IS the finished version.

Ok I was wrong, didn't realize it was the new version....

You didn't have to be That harsh though, a simple: The Dude posted wrong information, those are just the features, this is the new version.

Or something to that effect.
C'mon now, be a little compassionate here for the il informed.

Strangelove

« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2003, 14:59:43 »
Yeah, was a bit snappy (bad Strangelove :beat:). However, you patently hadn't checked the link...  :P

Back to the planes... I hope no Australians out there are using the cluster-bombs  ;)

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2003, 19:00:43 »
Terame, thanks for the fast response and forgive the stupidity but are you saying that all I have to do in the init field of the unit is type,

"agvf18foldwing=true"

wouldn't i have to also put the name of the unit in front of this command as well as some "setanim" or somesuch prefix?

don't mean to be flogging a small issue but I really focus on the smaller details of my missions

thanks again

hes

« Reply #11 on: 07 Jun 2003, 17:22:41 »
these hornets are the best
but of my stupidity i accidentally deleted the bloody readme!!!
can any of you guys attach the readme or how you configure the cluster bomb?? its kinda hard to donload that 11megabyte on a connection speed lower than 56k.

Skaircro

« Reply #12 on: 08 Jun 2003, 17:05:56 »
its kinda hard to donload that 11megabyte on a connection speed lower than 56k.

I know what you mean.
Here it is: http://home.iprimus.com.au/dwright1/rad_f18v1_readme.zip

hes

« Reply #13 on: 09 Jun 2003, 03:51:26 »
thanx scaircro!