Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Ultimate Addon Reference!  (Read 11080 times)

fragsta

The Ultimate Addon Reference!
« on: 01 Jun 2003, 20:12:42 »
Some of you may have seen on the official boards at Flashpoint1985.com, I am undergoing a seriously time-taking project. I plan to compile a full reference in an HTML file of all the addons currently available for Operation Flashpoint, the game we all know and love.

The introduction for the UAR is this:

This is a reference to all of the addons currently available for Operation Flashpoint. They are sorted into directories. These are:

1. General (addons that cannot be put into a category due to lack of information or just being a black sheep. Addons that fit into two or more categories will also be put here.)
2. Post-1985 (Modern Addons, and the official addons, etc.)
3. Pre-1985 (WW2, Falklands, Vietnam, etc.)
4. Futuristic (Stargate mod - if we ever see it, just generally futuristic, etc.)
5. Islands (no subcategories)
*6. The Best Addons Available (no subcategories)

Each Category has subcategories (unless otherwise stated). These are:

a) Ground Vehicles
b) Ground Infantry
c) Aircraft
d) Weapons
e) Artillery
f) Buildings
g) Objects
h) Other
i) Sea Vessels

*This is completely my opinion, so if you think that an addon that is not there should be on the list, please email me and I will have a look.

NB: The addons are in the order of their pbo name, for maximum efficiency, as this reference is designed to find out what each pbo is, because it get's confusing sometimes. In later versions of the UAR, there will be a way of selecting different search options.

Due to the immense number of addons available, some of the items may not be entirely correct, and this reference will probably not have all the items on it. If you have any information of any of the items, please email me, or if you have any comments, suggestions or corrections, email me. My address is fragsta_1001@hotmail.com!

I am telling you all this because I need your help. If you have created an addon, or you know of an addon that not many people know about, or you just generally want to give information about an addon (and get some credit in the final release of the UAR V1) then please speak in this post now!

To do this, all you have to do is copy and paste this template into a reply post, and fill in the appropriate spaces:

Filename: <name of pbo file, eg. megaplane.pbo>

Name of addon: <the name that it is given when using the mission editor, eg The Really Fast Plane>

Website it is found at: <place(s) where it can be found>

Creator: <person who made it>

OPF Version(s): <the versions which it will work with eg. 1.46-1.75>

Other Information: <description of addon, etc.)

If you have any suggestions when it is released, please tell here, or email me at fragsta_1001@hotmail.com.

If you would like to have a proper position in the UAR such as compiling a whole category or sub-category, please tell me or email me.

Thank you for your time, everyone.

regards,

Fragsta ;D

asmodeus

Re:The Ultimate Addon Reference!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2003, 02:22:07 »
Good idea!

Think of how much this will help mission designers trying to identify strange addons and such!   ;D

I'll post all of the Everon Cartel addons when I get the list done.   ;)

Asmo

fragsta

« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2003, 08:00:58 »
finally someone replies. Thank you so much, and It would be great to hava a list, etc., thanks.

And everyone else if you know of an addon but don't know everything about it, just say everything you know. And if even if you just have any suggestions or comments, just say. I need your input.

Wires

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2003, 13:37:02 »
This is a very good idea and one I will help out with. I'll get together a list of the ADF mod addons as well as TBA ect.

;)

Grind_and_Click

« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2003, 06:06:23 »
this idea rocks very hard

imagine the ease of finding stuff

says currently available, how often will updates be?

(please dont tell me it tells me  :-\)

fragsta

« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2003, 18:28:24 »
Well I'm afraid this month not many updates will be made because i have exams, but during the holiday there should be quite a few!

asmodeus

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2003, 15:17:54 »
Thank you so much, and It would be great to hava a list, etc., thanks.

You're welcome and no problem!   ;D  

I will have that list ready soon, have been doing a lot of stuff lately and this slipped through the cracks.   ;)

Asmo

asmodeus

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2003, 23:33:11 »
Ok, got the list done.  :)

Filename: ECL_BillboardPack.pbo

Name of addon: ECL Billboard Addon Pack

Website it is found at: www.everoncartel.com/news.htm (downloads section)

Creator: Kaliyuga

OPF Version(s): 1.85

Other Information: Billboard addon pack, ranging from historical to eastern influence.

****************************************************************************************

Filename: ECL_Dock.pbo, ECL_Barracks.pbo, ECL_Isle.pbo, ECL_Parking.pbo, ECL_Platform.pbo, ECL_Platform_s.pbo

Name of addon: ECL_TAAB Addon Pack V1.0

Creator: Kaliyuga, Asmodeus, LCD

Other Information: Addon pack with 6 different addons that can be combined in different ways to make a base.  This base can either be on land or sea.

*****************************************************************************************

Filename: safe.pbo

Name of addon: Safe

Creator: Kaliyuga, LCD, Asmodeus

Other Information:  An animated safe and keypad combination lock interface accessible via the use of dialogues.  It also allows mission makers to choose any six digit combination of the numbers 1-9 or the symbols * and # for unlocking the safe.

*****************************************************************************************

Filename: ECL_Fboat.pbo

Name of addon: ECL_Barracuda Gunboat

Creator: Asmodeus, Kaliyuga, LCD

Other Information: A large, heavily armed and armored gunboat.  It has full AA capabilities and an animated floating mine deployment device.

Filename: ECL_Briefcase.pbo, ECL_Documents.pbo, ECL_Floppydsk.pbo

Name of addon: ECL_Safepack

Creator: Asmodeus, LCD

Other Information: An addon pack made for use with the safe.  It features an animated document addon that displays a randomized code generated for the safe as well as up to 14 lines of customized text on the inside of the document.  Also includes a 3 1/2 inch floppy disk and an animated briefcase.

Let me know if you need additional info and I'll let you know when we have more addons to put in the list!   ;D

Asmo
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2003, 23:35:21 by Asmodeus »

Ash

« Reply #8 on: 01 Aug 2003, 23:08:19 »
You can find a complete addon list of what we are doing and have released on our progress report over at our site:

www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #9 on: 02 Aug 2003, 05:00:04 »
one thing you could do is find a site that lets you make online forms, set the categories etc, then pass the link around

asmodeus

« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2003, 05:53:56 »
@ fragsta

Have you dropped this project?

@ everyone

If fragsta has, is anyone else interested in pursuing it?

Asmodeus

OPERETA

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jan 2004, 23:26:19 »
I found an Addon reference list at http://members.cox.net/johnnylump/OFPlinks/html     ...... :o it seems extensive,well organized and includes links.

fragsta

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jan 2004, 21:33:15 »
Woo....been such a long time since I've posted. My OFP messed up loads, and I stopped playing...but I'm back I guess...yes I have halted. Anyone want to carry on?

Pipski

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2004, 22:48:35 »
I found an Addon reference list at http://members.cox.net/johnnylump/OFPlinks/html     ...... :o it seems extensive,well organized and includes links.

I get a 404 from that link.

OPERETA

« Reply #14 on: 06 Feb 2004, 20:10:55 »
Pipski is right about the 404.........  Another way of finding it is through Google; ........Search "OFPlinks" and select JohnnyLumps militaria to find the addon reference