Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193381 times)

sgt.elias31

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #660 on: 07 Aug 2003, 06:16:14 »
It looks great!

Just one question though and its about a feature so im not sure if anyone can answer it. Will the doors have an option to be closed or open in the action menu , or no?

Tigershark

« Reply #661 on: 07 Aug 2003, 06:40:25 »
Side doors yes....pilot doors.....wait and see what we have planned there.

sgt.elias31

« Reply #662 on: 07 Aug 2003, 06:52:25 »
ok thanks , i cant wait!

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #663 on: 07 Aug 2003, 07:43:37 »
 :wow: hmmm looks very tasty indeed

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #664 on: 07 Aug 2003, 08:07:02 »
I think I know what goin to happen with the pilot's side doors :P

Tigershark

« Reply #665 on: 07 Aug 2003, 08:11:00 »
What's that smarty pantalones?

landrover

« Reply #666 on: 07 Aug 2003, 19:48:28 »
Bet they're removeable...  ;)

TJ

« Reply #667 on: 07 Aug 2003, 20:30:47 »
Side doors yes....pilot doors.....wait and see what we have planned there.

TS has to say this, cause he hasnt seen what I've done with 'em yet  :P

They aren't removeable though.

Hhehehehe, I cant believe you guys are worried about the doors.......

Hope you've all got some good missions coming along for the Blackhawk anyway. One hint for mission makers is to limit the number of MH60's you use. They are very detailed as you see in the pictures, and overloading the mission may make it graphically laggy on a lower end machine.

I guess there will be another sterling example of Nagual's missions available, and I will also try to make a couple of mine available shortly after release, but we really NEED some good quality stuff for this bird, the effort that has gone into it makes it worthy of a LOT of playtime!!!!
(and if you have any good ones please send also to me, so I can host them on my MPserver, BAS addons only please)

;D

TJ

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #668 on: 07 Aug 2003, 22:20:31 »
I couldn't really see it in the pic, but did you put enough detail in the HIRSS?
It seems to lack the two ribs on top of it. And it almost seems round, while it realy is a box-like attachment. (the plate sticking out the rear is for example not round, while it does look like it in the screenshots). And are the Flare/chaff dispencers on the tail the same ones as on the MH-47E (hope so)?

Also you carefully chose the camerapositions, so we can't see the guys in cargo; does the guys who have their legs swinging outside the chopper new anims? (like their weapon on on their legs like in the sitting animation)?

Too bad the doors can't be removed. On a lot of pictures the Nightstalkers did remove them. Would only be eyecandy, though.

I really look forward to ths bird.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #669 on: 07 Aug 2003, 22:25:55 »
One other thing;
The bird you're making now is the MH-60K. Did you model the nose mounted radar correctly?? I mean on the MH-60L  it's like sticking out the nose, but on the MH-60K it attached to a box sticking out the nose.

Pictures from your site (not perfect, but will do);
MH-60L

MH-60K

One last thing; this is all meant as constructive criticism, not to be insulting on the great work you did. Like Deadmeat said about me; I'm a stickler for realism  :P
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2003, 22:29:08 by Cpt. FrostBite »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #670 on: 08 Aug 2003, 00:23:39 »
HIRSS - yes
Radars - yes

As has been posted elsewhere, this bird is one of, if not THE most accurate representations of the H-60 helicopter in the game of OFP. It does therefore have quite a high poly count, but, as you will soon see, its god damn worth it!!!

Homefry31464

« Reply #671 on: 08 Aug 2003, 02:00:44 »
Wow, this thing looks awesome.  I would really like some more pictures of it in game if that is possible.

Please   ;D

SoldierX

« Reply #672 on: 08 Aug 2003, 04:12:42 »
i've got a question about the SOAR pilots. will there be a version with no helmet? cause i hope there is.

wacko

« Reply #673 on: 08 Aug 2003, 05:17:36 »
well seems as u have a high poly count on the birds how many can u add into one mission before it becomes to laggy to play???

and I see that the "snowplow" is animated....Kewl!!

Delta_One_Zero

« Reply #674 on: 08 Aug 2003, 10:12:09 »
I must say, that the MH60K's look pretty dang good, and i'm most definitely looking forward too playing with them, thanks too those BAS guys hard work.
But what i'm really posting for, is too see if you guys ever have any plans on releasing some MH60L's later in the year, or perhaps next year or something?
If you can't give a difinitive answer thats cool, it's just that a MH60L would be more appropriate for a BHD/Operation Restore Hope style mission/campaign.
Cheers.