Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193390 times)

ninemili

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #615 on: 04 Aug 2003, 17:59:31 »

btw; When is going to be released! (and there goes another kitten ;D )

>:(  You have no  conscience

pang

« Reply #616 on: 04 Aug 2003, 18:45:48 »
messiah& frostbite:

very true, but most parascripts arenÂ't suited for dynamic situation (as you have in mp games for example): you have to type in the carrier and the group thatÂ's going to eject.

so my thought was having a script thats loops 4 times the ejection process, indepentend from the group- and/ or unitnames that are in cargo of the mh6.

and triggers mostly work bad for mp game. for example they activate not in time due to lag and so on, so its always better to have it in a script
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2003, 18:47:04 by pang »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #617 on: 04 Aug 2003, 20:26:27 »
Messiah can it really carry a kawasaki? Thats cool. But can it still carry troops when its carrying one?

wacko

« Reply #618 on: 04 Aug 2003, 22:29:40 »
actually the MH-6 does carry 2 bikes and 2 op's and can be deployed with in mins....and the MH-6 does do the rope infils someone ask'd this question on the BI forums and i post about it.....but the response i got back was a no go cause there seems to be NO pics on a rack system to put on the birds to have it look real  :-[ BUT if a pic was found then "MAYBE" it would be consider in a updated version. But not this time around....sorry but the topic was closed on the BI forums so i cant say word for word just going off what i rember

On another note with the choppers coming out will there be a new rope animation?? or will it be the same animation that was used with the MH47??

Chomps

« Reply #619 on: 04 Aug 2003, 23:51:41 »
actually the MH-6 does carry 2 bikes and 2 op's and can be deployed with in mins....and the MH-6 does do the rope infils someone ask'd this question on the BI forums and i post about it.....but the response i got back was a no go cause there seems to be NO pics on a rack system to put on the birds to have it look real  :-[ BUT if a pic was found then "MAYBE" it would be consider in a updated version. But not this time around....sorry but the topic was closed on the BI forums so i cant say word for word just going off what i rember

That someone was me...
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=cbdea82813ccf1e1deb2f6af64f8c1d2;act=ST;f=54;t=28091;st=585

wacko

« Reply #620 on: 05 Aug 2003, 00:24:07 »
lol yep sure was....small world

http://www.specialoperations.com/Aviation/Little_Birds/MH6.htm

go there and the pic at the bottom on the inside of the chopper maybe thats a rack they can use???...I see it in the lil birds pack already........but i would imagine that both bikes would  sit half inside the chopper and other half on the bench held on with a strap...and the two ops sitting up towards the front.....

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #621 on: 05 Aug 2003, 01:06:13 »

TJ

« Reply #622 on: 05 Aug 2003, 02:02:41 »
Thanks for the feedback anyways.

There is already on the MH47 a fast way to boot out the entire crew, just click "rapid insertion" or whatever it is.

For the 60 I have refined that a little bit, but unfortuneately theres no way to get the AI to land faster or even stop and hover faster.

The MH60 is extremely manouvreable though, and a good human pilot will be able to deploy a full crew of 12 guys, from starting speed of 200+kph, I would say, less than a minute, it all depends on the skill of the human pilot really.
Besides, theres other things you'll like........

A lot of the things we'd like to do are hampered by the AI or the game engine, but once again the mh60 has moved the boundaries of OFP.

TJ

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #623 on: 05 Aug 2003, 02:12:22 »
Here is a site that says the MH-6J is to be able to carry 2 motorcycles but no pic :(
I am sure I saw a real life pic they carry on each side a motorcycle anyway here it the link http://www.allwoodwings.com/2-Helicopters/MH-6J,LittleBird,USArmy.htm
If I find a pic I post it here ;)
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2003, 02:13:18 by BoNeCoLLeCToR »

Chomps

« Reply #624 on: 05 Aug 2003, 02:19:08 »
go there and the pic at the bottom on the inside of the chopper maybe thats a rack they can use???...I see it in the lil birds pack already........but i would imagine that both bikes would  sit half inside the chopper and other half on the bench held on with a strap...and the two ops sitting up towards the front.....

My guess would be that both bikes are held completely externally, but the racks hold them up against the sides of the chopper, but I really don't know, that's why pictures are needed.

Come to thing of it, how big are the bikes?  Could they both fit in the back?
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2003, 02:22:54 by Chomps »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #625 on: 05 Aug 2003, 02:33:40 »
I am 100% that I saw a picture of the bikes that where on both sides 1 bike on 1 side it can be quikly taken off.
The rack is a small thing on the side 2 on each side you place the bikes wheel on the rack and there you go it would be nice to see it ;)
And 1 question to BAS would there be a flare system on the Littlebirds too cause some of the littlebirds have flare systems and missile warning.
I wonder if you have plans to make it in another update or maybe cause it is all scripts to make it work so a little delay 1 week and you got that options in it you already have the scripts in the MH-47E ;)

Tigershark

« Reply #626 on: 05 Aug 2003, 09:41:52 »
I am 100% that I saw a picture of the bikes that where on both sides 1 bike on 1 side it can be quikly taken off.
The rack is a small thing on the side 2 on each side you place the bikes wheel on the rack and there you go it would be nice to see it ;)
And 1 question to BAS would there be a flare system on the Littlebirds too cause some of the littlebirds have flare systems and missile warning.
I wonder if you have plans to make it in another update or maybe cause it is all scripts to make it work so a little delay 1 week and you got that options in it you already have the scripts in the MH-47E ;)

VERY sceptical about the flares.....and the bike rack wont be added until someone can show us a pic.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #627 on: 05 Aug 2003, 11:05:19 »
well i've emailed McDonald Douglas' and Boeing's historians to see if they can provide any reference material on the bike racks... if all goes well... you may have some pics  :D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #628 on: 05 Aug 2003, 11:35:42 »
littlebirds have no Chaff/Flare system that I know of. Can you give us some proof?

TJ

« Reply #629 on: 05 Aug 2003, 12:01:45 »
As TS said, we need PICTURES of the bikes.

To me personally, and a few of the guys, the bikes sound like a great idea. However the implementation is not easy and takes a lot of work, so we have to be 100% on all the facts and figures, and need a pic to base it on, or a drawing, diagram etc.

I'm not certain about the chaff/flares though, shooting down a LB with a rocket would be like swatting flies with a knitting needle....

TJ