Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193391 times)

Coporal_Punishment

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #435 on: 22 Jul 2003, 14:07:41 »
;D Pioneer in this case means something new or very unusual  ;)

Don't you mean a pioneering script in that case

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #436 on: 22 Jul 2003, 14:14:11 »
ever heard of the Edit button ?

Mr_Shady

« Reply #437 on: 22 Jul 2003, 14:22:12 »
Just curious, are BAS ever going to make any other "west" nation units? I've just got this great image in my head of a BAS-made Lynx helicopter  ;)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #438 on: 22 Jul 2003, 14:33:27 »
Could be good, although considering all the stuff they're working on it could be a long while before you get to see it.
Personally I'm waiting for the Falklands Lynx, bound to be good it's a Klink, maybe if we nag KevBaz enough they may release it as a taster like the Harrier and HMS Hermes  ;)

*Disclaimer
I did not suggest that you nag him constantly until he either goes mad or releases it.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #439 on: 22 Jul 2003, 17:28:43 »
re: non-spec op soldier,

there is a "soldier" unit in the BAS Delta/Ranger pack, which you can use to setobjecttexture your own unit patches (some have been provided in the addon). Check the readme.

SelectThis

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #440 on: 23 Jul 2003, 00:16:21 »
re: non-spec op soldier,

there is a "soldier" unit in the BAS Delta/Ranger pack, which you can use to setobjecttexture your own unit patches (some have been provided in the addon). Check the readme.

SelectThis

I know what you mean select this but his helmet os only found on speical ops troops hence it is void. I was play the 98% of the army reserve national guardsmen, not the 2% Special ops.

Tigershark

« Reply #441 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:36:29 »
Don't you mean a pioneering script in that case

Was this really necessary? >:(....we all understood what he meant and I would have expected a little more tolerance in this forum for non-native English speakers.

I'm sure Skaven's English is a shitload better than your Portugese Corporal.

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #442 on: 23 Jul 2003, 03:25:54 »
well i so cant wait for the MH-60L
(i just thought i'd put that in)

oh by the way tigershark, what does it feel like to be the grandpa of the most loved and visited ofpec site in the world and now the leader of one of the most loved addons sites.

i mean there are people out there that hang of your every word

thats amazing

Tim
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Tigershark

« Reply #443 on: 23 Jul 2003, 05:01:58 »

i mean there are people out there that hang of your every word

thats amazing

Tim

I seriously doubt that :) I don't consider myself that important....just a dedicated member of the community focused on creating addons for a game that I truly love for its brilliance and gameplay.

At the end of the day, being the granddaddy of OFPEC and BAS is cool.....but it don't pay the bills so it all gets put in perspective when juggling real life responsibilities with OFP life.

Besides, I may have started OFPEC and BAS but in OFPEC's case it was the guys on staff and the community who made it great. And with BAS....it's the guys on the team. I have never worked with such a talented, committed and dedicated bunch of people ever. BAS' strength comes not from me, but from the collective efforts of everyone on the team  :)

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #444 on: 23 Jul 2003, 05:49:10 »
Was this really necessary? >:(....we all understood what he meant and I would have expected a little more tolerance in this forum for non-native English speakers.

I'm sure Skaven's English is a sh*tload better than your Portugese Corporal.

Oh hey sorry i didn't know he was Portagese, I'm sorry Skaven I taught you were American.

Tigershark

« Reply #445 on: 23 Jul 2003, 06:08:09 »
Thanks for the apology....I'm a little protective of my guys. ;)

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #446 on: 23 Jul 2003, 08:56:40 »
ooooh , I thought you were going to equip those rangers with shovels
Even though I posted this, I knew what you meant. So don't worry about you english Skaven. I'm not english myself, so I sometimes type funny things aswel

to cor.pun.;

Suchey and Earl are working on some Marines. These could be used as "regular" infantryman. OFP all takes place on islands, so it's ore than likely that when a conflict breaks out, a Marine Expeditionary Unit will be the first to react. The Marine Corps is the best way to get a well trained and well equiped force on land. If you would try to bring in the Army you would need an airport, while marines only need a beach. Look at Iraq; One of the main forces was the USMC with 60000 man (if I'm not mistaken).

The marines of suchey and earl (ok, ok AND Tactician :) )are looking great, trust me. No release date yet, but they move in the next beta fase (fase 4) not too long from now.

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #447 on: 23 Jul 2003, 10:02:35 »
Hi again

well said Tigershark

what i meant was that everyone is glued to this thread waiting for a response from the BAS staff

i just thought that must be a great feeling
And of course the BAS team r a bunch of legends

Nuff said

Thanx
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #448 on: 24 Jul 2003, 00:40:16 »
I've seen the interview with flashpoint.ru. Although I can't *ahum* "completely" make out what it says *cough*, I could see the screenshots.

I'm glad that you decided to change the mirrors into the new type (A1) now used on all HMMWV's (sinve they are now all upgraded to A1 standerd). It looks great! I couldn't really see if the grill is correct now on the bonnet; Is it changed to the A1 version? I hope you can answer this little question? (just a yes or a no, but please don't post a "you'll see" unless you plan to make me part of the beta-tester team in the next 48hours  ;) )

Chomps

« Reply #449 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:40:03 »
They have an English version, too, FrostBite.

http://www.flashpoint.ru/the-press/interview/w_ballistic2/

Nice pictures--I really like those driver units, even though they simply appear to be Desert Rangers without some of the gear, they still look good.  ;D