Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios  (Read 48844 times)

Chomps

Re:What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« Reply #225 on: 01 Dec 2002, 04:57:52 »
I know it will fit.  I can drive a jeep into the Nam pack version. The question is if it will fly correctly.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #226 on: 01 Dec 2002, 05:15:05 »
I have read something on TOW forum is this true ???Here is the link http://home.no.net/ofpno/Forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3de95ed90d34ffff;act=ST;f=4;t=10;st=10

The Edge

« Reply #227 on: 01 Dec 2002, 05:23:59 »
I don't see how people leaving one group to work for another has anything to do with the end user -- like you and me.

Everyone makes their own decisions...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #228 on: 01 Dec 2002, 05:27:42 »
I don't See what that Really Has to do with any thing.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #229 on: 01 Dec 2002, 15:24:57 »
Your right, no one signed a contract, they offered their services without making any commitment.

We did not "Steal" Frandsen ans Skaven from TOW, they chose to switchto BAS, as we seemed to be making more progress than TOW...

As for spreading rumors... whats the point...

Anyway, back on topic, yes you will be able to fit a jeep into the MH-47, and with Naguals script you will be able to be taken elsewhere on the map, and dropped off...

As for a Hummer - NO CHANCE, they don't fit in real life, so they wont fit in the game... (Thats why the Americans use Landrovers as they fito int the back of their helos...)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #230 on: 01 Dec 2002, 18:59:18 »
DeadMeat was making a Scorpion tank for my mod but now he's working on the MH-60 for BAS. Do I really mind? No, not really. If I paid him to work for me, then I'd mind. But I don't and therefore it's no big deal. Besides, it's up to the individual where he works, and if he finished a project. They have no obligation to release their addons either. So when people start whinging about people changing teams and stopping development of addons, I get angry. And when I get angry, I smash things.... Kooky no like.... Kooky smash!

*ahem*

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #231 on: 01 Dec 2002, 19:54:50 »
Will the script file in the pbo file or will it be apart

Tracer

« Reply #232 on: 01 Dec 2002, 20:25:05 »
Your right, no one signed a contract, they offered their services without making any commitment.

We did not "Steal" Frandsen ans Skaven from TOW, they chose to switchto BAS, as we seemed to be making more progress than TOW...

As for spreading rumors... whats the point...

Deadmeat... if you got absolutely no idea what is going on... then just keep your mouth shut.  :)

You are now saying things which are absolutely not true... Skaven never worked for TOW and Frandsen is working for TOW on a freelance base.

"As for spreading rumors... whats the point..." <-- as for this... you just started a new rumor!
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2002, 23:41:52 by Tracer »

Chomps

« Reply #233 on: 01 Dec 2002, 21:42:29 »
Will the script file in the pbo file or will it be apart

Fill me in here... it is possible to put scripts into .pbo's?

So as long as you have the addon, you can just call the script from the editor without including additional script files?

That would be pretty nifty, I do not like having to deal with all those .sqs files if the addon is required for the mission anyway.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #234 on: 01 Dec 2002, 23:59:24 »
Sorry, Tracer, i did not mean to start any further rumors - i was countering what someone else had said. But could you have told me in a nicer fashion, after all we are all aiming for the same goal here: to make high quality addons for the game, ourselves and the community.

However I do not want to get into a flame war - we are supposed to be "on the same side" and I will get this topic locked if it continues...

As for the script, i'm not 100% sure yet, the probability of it being in the pbo is slim, as i do not believe that the in-pbo script handling has been resolved...

However it will only be 1 sqs file, which will be included in a demo mission for you. And to use it will be simple anyway, as all it will require is to be put into the mission file, and thats it.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #235 on: 02 Dec 2002, 00:04:46 »
Suma told that it is possible to include your script in the pbo file

Vixer

« Reply #236 on: 02 Dec 2002, 00:10:44 »
we will try to find out how to get it in the pbo file, if we cant get it in the pbo file we will release the script seperated with a readme file how to use and install the script in OF

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #237 on: 02 Dec 2002, 02:39:27 »
Slightly off topic but no really: Could The Script for the MH47 be used for that huge LSD from TOW?

rainman

« Reply #238 on: 02 Dec 2002, 03:52:44 »
There is a  movie on the BAS website showing a guy walking round inside the mh-47e and firing out the doors... BAS: sweet as hell you guys do great work
« Last Edit: 02 Dec 2002, 03:53:24 by rainman »

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #239 on: 02 Dec 2002, 06:22:06 »
That's absolutely fantastic.

Somewhat on subject, has anyone seen the new Pauk Fast Patrol Boat addon? It has a script that allows a seperate armor addon, modelled as a one man-operated 30mm gatling gun, to be used as a second turret. I've tried it, it works very well indeed. Could a similar set up be used to add the second door gunner to the helo's? I think it might also be the answer to adding the sideways firing guns on the AC-130 Spectre that have been sorely missed in OFP...
Anyone know what I'm talking about here?