Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Respawning  (Read 27485 times)

Nedal

Re:Respawning
« Reply #45 on: 28 Jan 2004, 18:10:27 »
i wana make a death match multiplayer map
my idea is that as te mission starts a script moves the respawn_west marker to the position of one of the 5 markers sp1,sp2,sp3

so if you start the map, you never now in wich City the match will be

here the script wich is in the init.sqs

; random start point
_num = random 5
? 0 < _num =< 1: setpos _respawn_west getpos _sp1;
? 1 < _num =< 2: setpos _respawn_west getpos _sp2;
? 2 < _num =< 3: setpos _respawn_west getpos _sp3;
? 3 < _num =< 4: setpos _respawn_west getpos _sp4;
? 4 < _num =< 5: setpos _respawn_west getpos _sp5;

but it does not work, i get error at start of mission
can someone help me?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #46 on: 28 Jan 2004, 18:59:09 »
In the words of Mr. Spock, your script is illogical.  :D

?_num > 0 && _num <= 1: "respawn_west" setpos getmarkerpos "sp1"
?_num > 1 && _num <= 2: "respawn_west" setpos getmarkerpos "sp2"
The above should be more like the way to go.
If _num is above 0 and if _num is equal or less than 1, set respawn_west marker to where marker sp1 is.

However, using random in MP mission I'm assuming that you're using publicvariable familiar with publicvariable? If not you can look it up, there's many many great many threads about it in the MP forum.
If you don't publicvariable a random which is created in a script that runs on all computers, the value of random is different on all computers, thus placing your marker to different places on all computers. Or if your script is running only on the server, the others won't know anything about it still resulting in misfortune  :)
Not all is lost.

Nedal

« Reply #47 on: 28 Jan 2004, 19:08:17 »
uhh  did not know that

i am not familar with publicvariables

i am also not familar with random

does random5 means  0 or 1 or.... until 5
or does it start with 1?

here is the basic map i am working on
http://www.bikeadventure.ch/ofp/random.zip

i guess you know what i try to build,    is there a missionexample with something lake that, so i can have a look on it?
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2004, 19:23:43 by Nedal »

Jinef

« Reply #48 on: 07 Mar 2004, 18:51:38 »
Sorry i placed a post in wrong place.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #49 on: 20 Mar 2004, 13:04:01 »
Time to put my question that I'm pretty sure the answer is "no!" to here :P

Is there any way to make 1 group of US soldiers respawn to base, and another group of US soldiers respawn to group?

And if that ain't possible, is it then possible to make some groups of US soldiers respawn to base, all east units respawn to base, and res units respawn to group? Where only 1 US group is playable, the rest of the US groups are AI, all east groups are AI, and the res group is playable. With AI I mean, that they can't be playable. ;)

Also need the east AI to respawn randolmy at 7 different markers. Though, if I in some way could remove the markers, and make them respawn randomly at i.e 7 different game logics, that would be good ;)

Garcia
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2004, 13:05:21 by Garcia »

Hellfish6.2

« Reply #50 on: 31 Mar 2004, 14:29:32 »
Does anyone know how to disable the camera view when you have a "group" respawn? Right now, your character dies and then the camera moves to the new soldier. I'd like to instantaneously move to the new soldier.

minimonkay

« Reply #51 on: 06 Apr 2004, 21:55:50 »
i need help, im almost finished making a mission but i cant get the respawn to work, in description.ext i have:

respawn=5
respawndelay=2

and i have playable AI and non-playable AI to spawn into but it doesnt work!
please help me.
monkay

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #52 on: 07 Apr 2004, 05:53:11 »
I wonder if you can use respawndelay with respawn number five. The respawn number five is defined as "immidiate respawn to the next unit in group".
If you want a group respawn with two seconds of delay, try changing respawn=5 to respawn=4
Not all is lost.

Stigern

Re:Respawning position
« Reply #53 on: 11 Jun 2004, 11:02:42 »
I dont get it. How i make a respawning position for the west.
In my mission i only want the west to respawn at a marker. but how??

My respawn script work just fine, but i start where i died, and thats not what i want.

PS: sorry for my english, im norwegian  ;)

Billdude

« Reply #54 on: 21 Jun 2004, 02:15:17 »
Create a new text document inside your mission directory. Write the following in this document:
Code:respawn=2;
respawndelay=20;

ok when you say that you mean to create the document here?

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Missions

sorryy but im a total newb just trying to make a mission for me and a friend of mine im trying to get hooked

i tried to read it and i tried what i thought it was saying to do but im not having any luck
thanks for any help you can offer

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #55 on: 21 Jun 2004, 04:55:07 »
You really should read all of that posting.

When you make your new text document, use Notepad.

Write these 2 lines in it:

respawn=2;
respawndelay=20;

Now, when you save the document from Notepad make sure you save as Type: All Files and call the document description.ext

If you save it as a Type: Text  and name it description.ext, you will end up with a file called description.ext.txt......which is not what you want.

This document then goes inside your mission folder, which will be something like:

C:\Program_Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Users\YourName\Missions\YourMissionFolder

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Commando

« Reply #56 on: 08 Aug 2004, 21:17:41 »
i have searched the whole thread but does anyone know about how to respawn into a vehicles cargo area?
i got a coop on the aec islands and i wish that my men would be able to respawn at a LSD ship addon inside it because its supposed to be used when going between the islands as a mobile respawn place.

rezz

« Reply #57 on: 08 Sep 2004, 23:46:45 »
What do I have to do, if I only want the players to respawn and not the AI.
Is the only possibility to make every other soldier non-playable??

Vindamiatrix

« Reply #58 on: 07 Dec 2004, 15:31:32 »
Hey everybody.. This thread really helps us scripting noobs out :) I for one can now make a nice respawn thingy... I added a little SQS of my own by the way... :) Since I am a noob at scripting... it may suck in the eyes of a master scripter.. but hey... you've got to give me some credit for trying :) ok here it is:

the player is called.. well.. just PLAYER... now here we go:

#alive
~1
?alive player: goto "alive";
goto "dead"

#dead
~0.001
?alive player: goto "remove"
goto "dead"

#remove
removeallweapons player;
goto "alive"

The "ALIVE" chapter of the script.. continues to check if the unit called PLAYER is still alive... if it is.. it goes back to the beginning of the chapter and starts checking again.. with a delay of 1 second...

if the player isn't alive it goes on to Chapter 2... "DEAD"... here it actually does the same as in chapter one.. only then vise versa....  it now continues to loop untill the player is alive again.. and then moves on to chapter three.. "REMOVE".. where all the weapons of "player" will be removed....  because the loop time in chapter 2 is set to 0.001 seconds..   you won't see the remove happening.. it's as if you spawn without the weapons....

So the result is quite cool....  You start with weapons... you die... you respawn next to your dead body....with your first weapons still on the ground... so you can pick them up again.. this way you wont respaw'n with an m16.. and prevent a field from flooding with dead gi's with m16's :)

rakovsky

How to make respawn for a game someone else made?
« Reply #59 on: 14 Dec 2004, 07:12:16 »
hey guys I have downloaded different PBO files of cool multiplayer games like "fatherland" and golikovs raid.
  They are in PBO format. How can I make it so that they have respawn in them?
  I have the DePBoers called DESQM and UNPACK SQM.
  One thing I tried was unpacking using these programs. I renamed it mission.sqm and then the DESQM program turned it into a text file. Then I renamed it back as Mission.SQM and set it in a folder of its own GOLIKOVSraid.Eden.
  Then I set up a description.ext file inside the folder that is suppoosed to do the respawning.
  However, whenever I try to run a program that I have DEPBOed using these programs, even if I haven't added anby description file, then it says
error, C/OperationFlashpoint/Mission.sqm/artillery has . instead of "="
and CRASHES!
Please say what the easiest, safest way is to add respawn, thank you,
Hal