Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A few things  (Read 421 times)

Quantum Jelly

A few things
« on: 07 Apr 2003, 18:29:40 »
I'm thinking of a mission where you have to storm a town and rescue a destroyed M113 crew. However, there's two things I don't know hwo to do.

1) How to get the M113 guys (say there is four of them) to join my team when I get near them

2) How to stop the Russians shooting at the M113 guys

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:A few things
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2003, 18:36:05 »
1.      [loon1,loon2] join grp1  

Goes in the on activation field of a trigger.    Syntax not guaranteed.     Remember that the max size for a group is 12.

2.  this setCaptive true

Goes in the init field of the unit.   Remember to make them setCaptive false when you want the Russians to be able to shoot at them.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2003, 18:58:58 »
Macguba,

How about spliting a group?

IW

Flapje

« Reply #3 on: 07 Apr 2003, 18:59:07 »
"[_x] join mygrp" foreach units you

this means you'll join group mygrp (and you is the player). so, if you want group yourgrp then type "[_x] join mygrp" foreach units yourgrp

if you don't want a group to join something else, try macguba's thing

Quantum Jelly

« Reply #4 on: 07 Apr 2003, 21:18:49 »
Sorry, I'm a newbie, can you explain all this in simpler terms please?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 07 Apr 2003, 22:00:36 »
@IW  You can split a group just by getting the relevant loons to join another group.   If you want a loon to be temporarily groupless, use

[loon1] join grpNull

Syntax not guaranteed, as usual.

@Quantum Jelly, sure, no probs.

First of all, create your group of M113 crew/dismounts who are to be the captives.   In the init field of the group leader write

"_x setCaptive true" forEach units group this; Prisoners = group this

That will prevent the Soviets from shooting at them, and will also name the group which will come in handy later.  

Create a rescue group, with the player as the leader.   In the init field of the leader write

Rescuers = group this

Now create a trigger over the M113 area.     Go into Groups mode (F2) and drag a line from the trigger to the leader of the rescue squad.     Look in the trigger's Activation box, you will find new options.    Select "Leader present".    That means that the trigger will activate when the leader of that group - which is the player - is in the trigger area.

Now, in the On activation field of the trigger, write this

"_x setCaptive false" forEach units Prisoners; "[_x] join Rescuers" forEach units Prisoners

Syntax is not guaranteed, you must check all of these commands in the Command Reference in the Editors Depot.    

Assuming the syntax is correct, that should make things work out as you planned.

Keywords, which will hopefully make this post easy to find in the future for people searching for this kind of stuff.

captive
prisoner
POW
join
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play