Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Chemical Warfare (BAS D/R)  (Read 28509 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Chemical Warfare (BAS Desert Delta/Ranger) SP
« Reply #105 on: 03 Jun 2003, 10:33:10 »
wat i was saing is dat da radio teling me move puma came up to soon  :P nd didnt disapear wen i told em 2 retreat   ;)

nd i asked u after wich radio msg i can move em ?

LCD OUT

"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #106 on: 03 Jun 2003, 10:40:48 »
Hmmm...  

I don't see how it could have come up too soon... I made the option appear only after they are in the base and waiting...   ;)

Good idea to make the option disappear after you tell them to retreat.  (Does it have to be that way due to the way the script and wp's work together?)

nd i asked u after wich radio msg i can move em ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand...  It's not dependant on a radio message, it's dependant on them getting in position in the base.   ;)

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #107 on: 03 Jun 2003, 11:02:22 »
I'm sorry, I don't understand...  It's not dependant on a radio message, it's dependant on them getting in position in the base.

just thought it wil b kool dat deres a radio (or hint) dat tels me dat now i can control em

I don't see how it could have come up too soon... I made the option appear only after they are in the base and waiting...  

it apeared 2 soon :P - nd wen i tried usin it it didnt even commanded em 2 move ???

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #108 on: 03 Jun 2003, 11:14:13 »
Yeah, can't hurt to add a hint in there I suppose..   ;)

it apeared 2 soon  - nd wen i tried usin it it didnt even commanded em 2 move

Ok.. You made the script so you would know..  When can I activate it so that it will work?  As I said, it's currently activated when they get in the base and are at the wp where they "hold" for your retreat order.   (synched to switch trigger for retreat)

I'm confused..   ???  

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #109 on: 03 Jun 2003, 11:18:31 »
k ill check it ;D

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #110 on: 03 Jun 2003, 13:26:29 »
Thanks!   ;D

One thing I noticed while compiling the script so I can do custom radio messages was that there is a hint already for when you can order them to move!

The only catch is that you must be playing in cadet mode.  I figure the people playing in Veteran mode won't want to be bothered by a hint.. What 'cha think?  

Asmo

asmodeus

« Reply #111 on: 10 Jun 2003, 12:46:16 »
All right!  :beat:

Version 1.6 is out!   :o

Changes/fixes:

• Corrected small spacing mistakes in briefing
  • Corrected CH-47 crashing bug in intro
  • Added Custom Voices during mission!
  • LCD Updated callname.sqs  (thanks)   ;)
  • Fixed problem with "move Puma" command (thanks LCD!)
  • Removed setviewdistance commands to clear up radio menu
  • That's all I can think of now!

While adding the voices I noticed that my "radio" sound option was turned down for normal play...  If you have it lower than other sound settings it will be hard to hear the custom voices.   ;)  (If they are all equal it should be fine, but I need to know for sure)   :)

You can get it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jehning1/CW1_6.zip (4.90 MB)

Thanks for all the help everyone!  Let me know if I missed any of you great beta testers in the readme!  (don't think I did)   ;)

Oh yeah, is this the final version?  You tell me.   ;)   ;D   8)

Asmo
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2003, 12:47:53 by Asmodeus »

The Avon Lady

« Reply #112 on: 10 Jun 2003, 17:52:31 »
This is a fun mission, even though I'm getting a beating when the enemy's support comes in. Some comments:

1. You should state clearly in the briefing how many chemical tanks there are so that the player can carry an appropriate amount of charges.

2. Playing in veteran mode, why do I see a yellow waypoint marker when I start off on the Kawasaki? I think I asked this 57 versions ago. ;D

3. I find it amazing that the chemical tanks won't blow sky high after being hit by a BMPs sabot shell or AT6 rocket. Is this adjustable?

4. Sometime during my retreat in the wrong direction (the other direction was blocked), my last remaining teammate spotted a V80 chopper. No one was left from my team with any AA and I think the same was true for Puma, yet the V80 crashed for no apparant reason.

Poet

« Reply #113 on: 10 Jun 2003, 18:56:05 »

2. Playing in veteran mode, why do I see a yellow waypoint marker when I start off on the Kawasaki? I think I asked this 57 versions ago. ;D

This is a bug I've noticed with the KLR250's, I think some other Addons have it too ...

Downloading now ...

Poet

« Reply #114 on: 10 Jun 2003, 19:53:31 »
- Intro was fine, no crashing Chinooks ( tested 3x )   :)

- I think I heard maybe 1 line of dialog in the Intro, it was too quiet ( I have them all sounds set to the same ), and then after it seemed like the Music had been turned down ( change the KLR's for some Bicycles! Not as cool  8) but easily less noisy! )

- Lag was ok until I blew everything up, with all the smoke and fire ( buildings, cars, chemical tanks ) the slowdown was pretty bad, but I got an oldish card that I like to push to the edge, so people with better systems prolly wont have any bother.

- Not sure what all the "Move Puma" stuff was about, as usual with your missions, I was kept too busy to investigate.

- Could NOT find the BLOODY Documents anywhere! The base was wrecked and burning so I got burnt loads, I had to fight off wave after wave of infantry and armor, all with about 10fps I might add!  :o , but I could not find the officer with them, even saved mission and tried again, spent 20 minutes looking ...

- Halfway through, while looking for the Documents I noticed that a load of Enemy Infantry were stood to the North of the Base with their Hands on their Heads.   ???
No idea why they had surrendered, but I wasnt complaining, they made lovely easy targets ... what Geneva Convention?   :o

The Avon Lady

« Reply #115 on: 10 Jun 2003, 20:26:39 »
- I think I heard maybe 1 line of dialog in the Intro, it was too quiet ( I have them all sounds set to the same ), and then after it seemed like the Music had been turned down ( change the KLR's for some Bicycles! Not as cool  8) but easily less noisy! )
The intro was fine as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't want to change the KLRs.
- Lag was ok until I blew everything up, with all the smoke and fire ( buildings, cars, chemical tanks ) the slowdown was pretty bad, but I got an oldish card that I like to push to the edge, so people with better systems prolly wont have any bother.
Noticeable on my 2Ghz 512MB RAM 64MB GF Dell notebook. Would be nice if the buring could die out after some point. Or check if there are burn scripts that cause less overhead.

asmodeus

« Reply #116 on: 11 Jun 2003, 00:22:45 »
@ Avon

This is a fun mission, even though I'm getting a beating when the enemy's support comes in.

Thanks!   Yeah, that's the whole idea, once the enemy support gets there it's time for you to get out of there!   ;)

1.  Great idea!

2.  LOL!!!  I think I answered this 4 times in this thread... You will always see the WP while driving the motorcycle, but as soon as you disembark it dissappears.   ;)  (as Poet said, it's something to do with the addon itself)

3.  I agree...  I could setdammage a little bit to them maybe.. I actually prefer if you can't shoot them with those too easily though.  (it's still doable that way though)

4.  Yeah, in my experience that's a common problem with V-80's..  They have this weird steering problem that even the AI runs into sometimes and they just go into a spiral of death.. Dropping like a 50 pound sack of potatoes..   ;)  Nothin I can do, consider yourself lucky.  (you must have a great benchmark, cause I think it's bechmarked at 4000 or above..)   ;)

About the intro, glad you like it!   ;D  

if the buring could die out after some point.

What burning?  The AGS stuff?  That's a part of the addon, no way for me to fix that.   :-\  

I can't believe you noticed lag though!  I will just raise the benchmark level on all the vehicle fire scripts and the choppers and maybe even some of the smoke.  (though I get no lag at all and my benchmark is 3700... could part of it be your viewdistance settings?)

And what is your benchmark again?  

Thanks!

@ Poet

no crashing Chinooks ( tested 3x )  

YAY!!!   I'm glad I figured that out, because I was going to redo the whole thing if I couldn't fix it...

I think I heard maybe 1 line of dialog in the Intro, it was too quiet

LOL, there isn't any dialog in the intro!   :o  So you were hearing things..   ;)   :P

If you mean the start of the mission, yeah, I lowered the music but if you are driving there's no way for me to lower the sound of the bike without it also lowering the sound of the sideradio..   :-\  

About the lag, what is your benchmark and viewdistance please?  I have most things benchmarked in this at 3 tiers.. I'll mess with it a bit once I know what yours and Avons' is.   ;)

Not sure what all the "Move Puma" stuff was about, as usual with your missions, I was kept too busy to investigate.

LOL!  That's an LCD script that allows you to move Puma squad anywhere you want, it's in case you don't want them to retreat yet, but don't like where they are defending from.   ;)  (also, if you saw the hint about it you were playing on cadet mode right?)

And if you were on cadet mode, you would have got a hint when the Officer died so that you can find the documents easier.   ;)   ;D

Halfway through, while looking for the Documents I noticed that a load of Enemy Infantry were stood to the North of the Base with their Hands on their Heads.

Yeah, the unitcreate script I use incorporates the "surrender" script you describe.. I've never seen it happen to a load of infantry at the same time though.. Usually just a single guy after he's already been shot 1-2 times..   ::)  I'd actually take that script out completely if I could, but it's intermingled with the ones I do want to use...  

made lovely easy targets ... what Geneva Convention?  

ROTFL!   :)

Thanks to both of you!   ;D  Did you like the voice files that you could hear?   ;)

Asmo

« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2003, 00:26:33 by Asmodeus »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #117 on: 11 Jun 2003, 02:03:46 »
Now then.....that V-80, I stole it and used it several versions ago to demolish the enemy.

It was fun.

I will try this latest version soon.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #118 on: 11 Jun 2003, 06:43:09 »
Now then.....that V-80, I stole it and used it several versions ago to demolish the enemy.
I once managed to steal the MI17. Just drove my Kawasaki straight up to it at max speed when the mission started, hopped in and took off, with a handy number of rockets on board. ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #119 on: 12 Jun 2003, 10:23:12 »
@ Planck

LOL!!   :o  

Thanks for testin the new version soon!  Let me know if the voice files in the mission are loud enough for you or not!   ;)

@ Avon

That's crazy!  How in the world did you think to go up there?  Your benchmark must be very high for you to be able to see the Mi-17 too!   :o   :)

Speaking of which, what is your benchmark please?  (need to know from everyone that gets lag please)

TIA   :)

Asmo