Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Writing the briefing  (Read 483 times)

Quantum Jelly

Writing the briefing
« on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:10:56 »
This has probably been asked many times before, but I'm new to all this - how do you write a briefing for a single-player mission? I know it's something to do with editing an HTML document, but I don't know how. Can you help me?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Writing the briefing
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:15:47 »
This link takes you to a helpful sub-category in the Ed Depot called "Briefings and Overviews"

I also recommend you look at the Tutorial mission.   It has a sample Briefing for you to use as a template.      Replace the text with your own briefing.   Save it to your missions folder.     Bingo.

Always take a good look round the Ed Depot before posting here .....  you never know what you might find.  ;)

PS - you don't need to know any html.   Well at least I didn't.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 21:17:51 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Quantum Jelly

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:21:18 »
Thank you, I'll see what I can do.

MadFred

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2003, 06:49:08 »
Hi there

I use a proggie called OFP script editor
quite obvious it is a utility that helps you create scripts.

Maybe you do not wanna fool around with scripts yet as you say you are new to all this, but it has a great option for briefings too.

incorporated in this program is the Create Briefing File Wizard, which lets you create overview, briefing, objectives and endings in a nice pop up under 4 tabs.

You can just add text to the boxes in the pop ups and insert markers aswell and when you are done use the browse button on it to put it in the correct folder. It is quite easy to use too.

Dunno if this works for you but here's the URL:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/editor/OFPSEdit.zip

MadFred