Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Parachute Jump  (Read 2713 times)

POINT BLANK

Parachute Jump
« on: 27 Mar 2003, 20:59:42 »
Ok....my goal is to get two 12 man platoons to jump out of one chinook for an airborne assault. I can get the 2 platoons in the chinook, but I don't know how to get the second platoon (the one that's not in my command) to jump. Does anybody know how to make both platoons jump at the same time? Is there something I do in Mission Editing, or is there a way to command both platoons? Any help would be appreciated....

Kaliyuga

Re:Parachute Jump
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2003, 21:07:52 »
you should head over to the editor's depot..
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/index.php

there is a chinook script I am using in a mission I am working on right now that is really nice.. ;)
and I grabbed it over there.....  comes with a nice example mission too.. so you can just copy/paste everything but the script its self over to your mission ;)
:cheers:

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2003, 01:16:34 »
Hello

If you don't want to use the script way use this one...  I know what you want, this is what i did.  You can look at the picture i made to look over... It in the next Reply (Too Big To Put In Here)
Two ways of doing this:

1:  Waypoint way...
(This is for the soldiers starting in the chopper)
Make a chopper (UH60 or anykind) and name it C1 (anything will do), also make it flying.
Make your units (12 soldiers) and name them A1 - A12.  In A1 INI Field (General "Leader") put:
grp=group this; "_x moveincargo C1" foreach units group this
Make a waypoint for the chopper (C1) type: MOVE, and in the On Activation Field put:
C1 flyInHeight 150  
(150 or higher will make the soldiers be alive after ejecting...)
Next Waypoint for chopper (C1) type: MOVE, and in the On Activation Field put:
A1 action ["Eject", C1]; A2 action ["Eject", C1]; A3 action ["Eject", C1]; A4 action ["Eject", C1]; A5 action ["Eject", C1]; A6 action ["Eject", C1]; A7 action ["Eject", C1]; A8 action ["Eject", C1]; A9 action ["Eject", C1]; A10 action ["Eject", C1]; A11 action ["Eject", C1]; A12 action ["Eject", C1];
Note:  I would highly go with the trigger way but heres a tip, make 3 waypoints that have this in the On Activation:
WP 1:
A1 action ["Eject", C1]; A2 action ["Eject", C1]; A3 action ["Eject", C1]; A4 action ["Eject", C1];
WP 2:
A5 action ["Eject", C1]; A6 action ["Eject", C1]; A7 action ["Eject", C1]; A8 action ["Eject", C1];
WP3:
A9 action ["Eject", C1]; A10 action ["Eject", C1]; A11 action ["Eject", C1]; A12 action ["Eject", C1];
So the people willn't knock together as they get out all at once.
Make a waypoint for the General (A1) type: GetOut where the 2nd waypoint for Chopper (C1).

2:  Trigger way...
Do the same with the INI Field of A1 and C1 but you don't need to put anything in the On Activation Field for the waypoints.  
Use the Waypoint Style that is shown in the picture but use triggers to make the soldiers eject.  Follow the waypoint line and put 3 trigger on it that have this in the On Activation Field:
TR 1:
A1 action ["Eject", C1]; A2 action ["Eject", C1]; A3 action ["Eject", C1]; A4 action ["Eject", C1];
TR 2:
A5 action ["Eject", C1]; A6 action ["Eject", C1]; A7 action ["Eject", C1]; A8 action ["Eject", C1];
TR 3:
A9 action ["Eject", C1]; A10 action ["Eject", C1]; A11 action ["Eject", C1]; A12 action ["Eject", C1];
Its something like the waypoint way but with the trigger way you can make it be so theres a time limit before they jump out and have different people activate it.
If you need something us just ask.

Bye

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2003, 01:22:33 »
Heres the picture... nvm its still too big...  >:( :-\ :(

POINT BLANK

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2003, 08:08:43 »
OFPwizard: Thanks for the help, but I'm an idiot...can you explain it as if I don't know anything about editing please...Thanks.

Iwesshome

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2003, 14:22:05 »
Point Blank,

You can also try this....

Mission Creation

1. Open up your mission editor and create a template on what island your mission will be held.
2. For this purpose save it ejecttest1 in your user folder
3. Take the Paradrop.sqs file I have attached and place it in your mission folder... for me it looks like this

C:\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Users\IW\Missions\ejecttest1

4. Create your mission now

Eject Creation

1. Create helicopter - name it helo1
2. Create group 1 - name the leader of the group grp1
3. Create group 2 - name the leader of the group grp2

Ok you have both groups in the helicopter already so that has been taken care of.... this is what I did when first learning like you how to use scripts.

Somewhere between two waypoints where you want your group to eject place a trigger on the map.... make sure it is where the helicopter will fly through.

Trigger Creation

1. Set up the fields on how you want your trigger to be activated
2. Click Present
3. Click Activated by West (East if your troops are Soviet)
4. In the Activation field of the trigger type this...

[grp1, grp2], helo1] exec "Paradrop.sqs"

5. Save your mission again and then try it out
6. Watch you guys automatically start jumping out of the plane without you ordering them too.  ;D

Anyone else see anything I might have left out?

IW

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2003, 14:27:19 »
you'll have to rename the script from paradrop.sqs.txt to paradrop.sqs
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Iwesshome

« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2003, 14:47:21 »
See - I knew I would forgot something   ::)
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2003, 14:47:44 by IW »

Agent Fire

« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2003, 20:47:25 »
Hi everyone.

I did IW's method, but it didn't work. In the activation field, it said "missing )", but I added another one (around the left of the helo1). But when I did it, none of my troops actually parachuted out - they just sat there until the chopper (UH-1 huey & then another try with a CH-47D) landed.  >:(

Iwesshome

« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar 2003, 20:54:15 »
Try....

[ [grp1, grp2], helo1] exec "Paradrop.sqs"
- Keep in mind the two ['s need to be togther in the front and not spaced as shown

If that doesn't work then this...

[grp1,helo1] exec "Paradrop.sqs"; [grp2,helo1] exec "Paradrop.sqs"

Agent Fire

« Reply #10 on: 28 Mar 2003, 21:26:02 »
thanks ;)

Agent Fire

« Reply #11 on: 28 Mar 2003, 21:31:00 »
OK. This is all very well (my little men joyously hop out of the chopper), but unfortunately once they are out of course, the chopper (which is in my group) starts calling for us to get back in etc. So how do I put my men in the chopper, even when it's not on my team; or even better, how do I take the chopper out of my squad, of eactivate it... or something.  ???

Iwesshome

« Reply #12 on: 28 Mar 2003, 22:06:16 »
Agent Fire,

Why do you have the helicopter part of your group? How do you get your men aboard the helicopter to begin with?

Option #1 (My effect - this info you know but I am going to say it)

1. Create a helicopter and name it helo1
2. Create a group and name it grp1
3. Create a group and name it grp2

- Have helo1 start the mission flying and create a Load waypoint to where you want to pick up your troops.
- Create a Get In waypoint for grp1
- Create a Get In waypoint for grp2- Sync both Get In waypoints to the Load waypoint

Hint: Make sure when you created both your groups and helicopter that none of the groups are grouped to your helicopter.... this will ensure that the helicopter is not part of your group to begin with.

Option #2

1. Create a helicopter and name it helo1
2. Create a group and name it grp1 (anywhere on the map)
3. Create a group and name it grp2 (anywhere on the map)

Have helo1 start the mission flying and create a Move waypoint to where you want your helicopter to move.

Create a Move waypoint (whatever you want) for grp1 to where they should go after they parachute

- In the Initialization field of your leader for grp1 type the following
"_x assignAsCargo helo1" forEach units grp1

Create a Move waypoint (whatever you want) for grp2 to where they should go after they parachute

- In the Initialization field of your leader for grp2 type the following
"_x assignAsCargo helo1" forEach units grp2

Note: I think you get the idea in what I am trying to create... basically for Option #1 you pick your troops up which are not grouped with the helicopter and Option #2 your troops start in the helicopter still not grouped to the helicopter. Either or when you execute your script you will parachute and the helicopter will continue with its business since you guys are not part of the same group. There are so many different possibilities when creating this stuff that I only scratched the surface.

Whew!!! - I hope I didn't forget something  ;D

IW
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2003, 22:08:10 by IW »

POINT BLANK

« Reply #13 on: 29 Mar 2003, 03:21:47 »
IW, how do I make the two groups start off already in the chinook?

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 29 Mar 2003, 03:26:38 »
Hello

Use the command:
name moveInCargo object

Ex:
Chopper Name c1
Unit Name s1
In the Unit's INI Field put this:
s1 moveInCargo c1

or for a group name the group anything...

Ex:
Chopper Name c1
Unit Names s1 - s9

In s1 (leader's) INI Field you put:
grp=group this; "_x moveincargo c1" foreach units group this

In your case do this:
Chopper Name 1: c1
Chopper Name 2: c2
1st Group Unit names: s1 - s8 (or how many you have in group)
2nd Group Unit names: a1 - a8 (or how many you have in group)
Then in the 1st Unit Group's Leader INI Field put:
grp=group this; "_x moveincargo c1" foreach units group this
Then in the 2nd Unit Group's Leader INI Field put:
grp=group this; "_x moveincargo c2" foreach units group this

g2g be back later bye...
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 03:31:18 by OFPWiZard »