Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WW2 EC's Lists and details of New Unit Packs!  (Read 1131 times)

lawrie5

WW2 EC's Lists and details of New Unit Packs!
« on: 26 Mar 2003, 16:00:59 »
Hi there will since my appointment as project organiser of ww2ec i have initiated with the team some changes to the nature of our releases.

Basically we are producing very detailed 'Wanted Lists' for units our team are being asked to produce. However these lists will be available for every ww2 particpant (almost) so essentially you can make almost any ww2 addon and it will fit into at least one of the packs. So we dont tell u WHAT to make but CAN use what you want to make.

Though the team are asked to make things, we ask you editors at beloved OFPEC, to feel free to make unit submissions from (or even outwith the lists) to the WW2EC. If you allow us to use it in our pack we will recode it, and in some cases will ask you or for permission to develop it further (like make more texture versions etc.)

The nature of the pack releases is unlike for example i44 or other TCs where you will wait for a finished pack. Instead packs will be released in their current state comprising of finished units (hence zips with easy code signatures.)

WE WELCOME SUBMISSIONS! So if you want to see ur addon become part of a greater whole, and become integrated into ww2ec missions etc, then send us pics!!! Get cracking! Also i will have lists of whose making what in case u dont want to make something someone else is making!

I hope you all appreciate this huge initiative at the ww2ec under our reorganisation will eventually blow u away (and u wont even have to wait long plus all tanks will be recoded to new mathmatical point system based on real specs)

Below is a zip of the german unit target lists! Please talk to me on msn for further info!

« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2003, 21:29:47 by lawrie5 »

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
Re:WW2 EC Urgent News for Ofpec Fans!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2003, 16:37:35 »
I think the Armour list is very optimistic. Speak to Vibes or someone about how long it takes to get a tank working!
I don't know about the pack idea. Working to the lists doesn't seem such a bad thing, but holding stuff back is something were popular for avoiding......

lawrie5

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2003, 17:06:41 »
Argh how many times must i say this,

1) The packs are not released when they are finished, the packs are released AS IS. What that means is all finished addons are still released but are just placed within that group.

So if only 3 tanks on that list was done in the armor pack, then when u download the german armor pack zip it will have only 3 tanks in it!

The large lists are designed to accomadate a variety of editors and tastes - PEOPLE will not have to wait! It goes against the very principle of non elitist addon making.

Vibes is one of my deputy project organisers, make no mistake the reorganisation at WW2EC is not optimistic? its practical, a total conversion is optimism, but a large and encouraging team of ww2 addon archivests is in fact not just practical, but common sense.

lawrie5

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2003, 17:20:56 »
In case u want to see what one of ur glorious ww2ec leaders look like heres what i have to wear when i make my long speeches in the ofpec forum and news posts at WW2EC!

lawrie5

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2003, 19:56:40 »
Arghghhh ok heres the American Data list, for u submittors out there! Again if ur making a unit with the intention of submitting it to us (to get coded and integrated into the new packs) and for gods sake dont think the old units have been coded properly cos there gonna get recoded so they all work together but annnnywway... if u are gonna make a unit contact me first, then i can reserve it for u!

Oh and importantly!

AS LISTS BECOME UPDATED I WILL UPDATE THE ATTACHMENTS HERE!!! So u can always see a current version of the data zips but downloading the same named attachment (as it will be more recent!)

Black Magic

Re:WW2 EC's Lists and details of New Unit Packs!
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2003, 11:10:42 »
And of course, being WWIIEC, we do have a site, which oddly never gets a mention lol - www.ww2ecteam.com ::) I mean honestly, is the site thaaat bad?! ???

Marss911

Re:WW2 EC's Lists and details of New Unit Packs!
« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2003, 21:11:40 »
its very bad!!!! very very.
Thats why i watch it every day :P

No really its a great site whit all the info i need ;-)