Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HOW TO get Resistance Buildings and textures into WrpEdit  (Read 7590 times)

Nasty Buttler

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2002, 05:10:25 by Nasty Buttler »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:HOW TO get Resistance Buildings and textures into WrpEdit
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2002, 05:36:19 »
Placing the edited O.pbo in the original DTA folder works ok for getting resistance stuff onto your map in WrpEdit.........but.........you MUST remove it again before running the game.

If you have pbo'd your wrp file and want to view it in game it will not fail to load if you remove the edited O.pbo from the original DTA folder.  The original Resistance copy is used instead.

If you don`t remove it the game complains and bombs out.

Just remove it and put it somewhere safe or temporarily rename it, I use OO.pbo.........be aware though..........if you start to edit your wrp file in WrpEdit again, you must replace the O.pbo in the DTA folder or rename it back to O.pbo, failure to do so will mean WrpEdit won`t find the resistance objects you have added already and you won`t be able to add more of course.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2002, 14:41:20 »
Sorry mate i dont have this problem......
i keep a copy of the new 46bytes less files in the dta dir in OFP and the originals in the resistance addons dir...and everything works peachy....

dwolf

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2002, 16:38:28 »
 Did I interpret this correct.
 You can actually use an island in-game using resistance objects and textures.Been waiting for the update for wrpedit to start using resistance objects.Understood how the load resistance  objects in wrpedit worked, but this is playable?

Changing things in my wrpedit island after loading in
mission editor.Build some then check it,very monotonous,but
neccessary to get it like I want it.Would very much like to start using resistance objects also.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:13:32 »
@Nasty

Maybe it depends on the machine or amount of memory, or how many addons you have in the Addons folder.......but.........it definitely bombs out on me.........maybe I should clean some stuff from my Addons folder.

Just so people know what to do if the same happens to them anyway.

@dwolf

If you can get Resistance objects onto your island using this method, they will work in game once you pbo your files and place it in the Addons folder.

Planck

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2002, 09:17:08 »
Yeah maybe, i got a p3 700 with 1GB of ram.....and no other user made addons installed

erfworm

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2002, 04:22:40 »
Ive got a problem using cutpbo. I put the proper files in a Temp folder and then drag one PBO onto cutpbo and it says it cut the first 46 bytes succesfully but it never makes the new.pbo Can anyone help me? Ive even done a search of files to see if it put it anywhere but there is nothing. Thanks

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2002, 06:48:59 »
are u running it in a dos box??
doesnt sound like it....
the cutpbo and the pbo itself need to be in the same directory, it creates a pbo called new-whatever.pbo in the same directory....

it works, u use a dos box

erfworm

« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2002, 23:13:39 »
OK ive never heard of a DOS Box how do I make a DOS Box Im running XP Pro. Thanks

Faculty

« Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2002, 20:30:17 »
You say for someone to play a wrp file thats been done like this will also have to do this process to play it?

coz i havent done it and ive played that new resistance island that came out

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 06 Sep 2002, 22:03:11 »
You only need to do it to get the objects onto an island in WrpEdit.

The actual game uses the Resistance copy of O.pbo, so there is no problem there.

WrpEdit at the moment can`t read the original Resistance O.pbo because the format of some Resistance pbo's was changed, including this one.  To enable WrpEdit to read the O.pbo the first 46 bytes need to be removed from a COPY of O.pbo.

The next version of WrpEdit apparently will be compatible with Resistance and be able to read all the pbo's.

Planck

Faculty

« Reply #11 on: 07 Sep 2002, 13:56:15 »
Help me ive done that but when i go to wrpedit it say something like no such object found or something :( helpy helpy helpy

TIA

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2002, 14:18:04 »
Faculty

If you have shaved the 46 bytes from a COPY of O.pbo.....and you have put the copy in the original OFP Dta folder, WrpEdit can see it and you are able to add objects to your map from it.  The copy MUST have the original name  i.e. O.pbo.

However, in most cases OFP will refuse to run, or run erratically if it comes across 2 files called O.pbo in its search path.

So when you finish editing your island and placing Resistance objects on it, either remove the copy of O.pbo from the Dta folder, or rename it temporarily.

You don`t need to worry about the game not finding it, it will use the original O.pbo.

If your copy of O.pbo was renamed after adding objects to your map, but before playing in game, you will need to rename it back to O.pbo before continuing to edit in WrpEdit.

If you do not rename it back to O.pbo, WrpEdit will complain about object not found.

If none of this helps, send it to me and I will look.......the .wrp file that is.....not the O.pbo......hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Planck

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 07 Sep 2002, 14:21:26 »
And that address is:

mcnicoll7@yahoo.com

I was just testing to see if you were paying attention.........honest.

Planck

HK

« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2002, 22:53:14 »
Sounds like a hell of a lot of hassle, simple enough but just hassleworthy swap this file, move it swap it back check it  :-\, i'll wait till new wrpedit, and then i'll finish off island i started months ago, bridges n all  ;D......