Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A New Nam Mod is Born....  (Read 3613 times)

EvilMadcat

A New Nam Mod is Born....
« on: 20 Mar 2003, 16:23:44 »
Hi all

We have a New Mod team:

Operation Nam Mod

The Mod have HQ on www.operation-nam.de
is a German mod team.
The Mod search for Modeller and Skinners and Scripters
for more infos see the Forum of www.operation-nam.de Side
Have Fun!
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 16:24:44 by EvilMadcat »

Frosty

Re:A New Nam Mod is Born....
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2003, 09:08:27 »
A New Nam Mod is Born... why?
Not to be cruel or mean, but... were you not happy with what SEB made? Why do not you make new addons the the 'Nam scene, instead of spending lots of valuable time making addons which have already been made?

Vyper

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2003, 13:09:23 »
I'm afraid i'd have to agree with Frosty "in parts".

Agreed, the Nampack 2 has amazing models and most of the addons your gonna need for a MOD.  Why not make a campaign with them ( a new island would be nice, south vietnam or a town or soemthing).  Make alterations to the existing pack (with permission) such as new more realistic sounds, slight texture updates.  With this done thats half the addons for a MOD completed with minimum effort, then you can spend a load of time making amazing addons like the tanks and air moduls that will be appearing later but you could beat the SEB team too it.  Put all this together into a well thought out campaign and you've got a top MOD!

Good luck with it, and think about using the SEB stuff, its very good afterall!

Vyper

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2003, 06:55:34 »
Vyper you should change your sig to "Viper is freelance and freeballing", because it would be funnier that way. Haha ha

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2003, 07:55:08 »
I second or triple that...why? the sebnam pack is awesome...if anything you should work with them to help them get the armor and air pack out sometime ....it's just like everyone and their mama coming out with blackhawk down stuff or "my new desert pack..." ....nuff said

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2003, 09:02:19 »
or... *dum* *dum* *dum* (look out moderators, here it comes) WorldWar II MODs. Hmmm, on that note, I think Ill make my own. Ill start working on all the addons that have already been made by others, then Ill copy the rest from another retail game. Then I will start a flamewar with another MOD, who probably are doing better than me, until they concede defeat because I signed their email adress up to every mailing list on the WWW. They will close down because police will raid their house because I signed their emailadress up for nudie kiddies. Then I will sit back 8), relax until OFP2 comes out and I will start the whole process again, except with a Boer War MOD (that'll be popular, everyone knows of that conflict ;))

:-X Somebody's gonna flame me for this one  :tomato:
But it was worth it  :thumbsup:

BTW Evil Mad Cat, I support your MOD, wishing you that it does not become vapourware.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2003, 09:07:26 by Frosty »

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2003, 15:05:17 »
What us 'Nam gamers need:

Islands
Ia Drang is awesome, but there's no "citys". Just small villages. Which is good since it's a very realistic map. I like it very much. :) Still we need more locations. Ashau Valley. My favourite. ;D And yes, South Vietnam like Vyper said. :)

Planes and tanks
These are in progress...?? Right? ;D But as Vyper said, you could beat the SEB team to it. Maybe you could even ask them to give you the models they have made (if they have) so you could finish the work. This would be good. IMO. ;)

Still I don't say that your mod is worthless. We really do need 'Nam stuff for OFP, and a good campaign is always welcome. I would certainly download it with my ISDN even of it was 100Mb. :P :D I say go for it. :) I support you. ;)

Hawkins
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2003, 15:05:36 by Hawkins »

ollie

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2003, 06:39:14 »
Besides the fact that I've been gone for almost a very long time now. What ever did happened to Operation Vietnam mod?, has the Mod died?. I've checked out their new website, that's still up, same old news, but the forums are not. If anyone can answer this question, is the Mod done and over with?.

I mean that Mod is like the Vietnam war it self, never letting the public know what's really going on over there.

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2003, 16:34:22 »
Hey Ollie! First, welcome back to the forums! ;D I think that the mod is pretty much "dead". I've visited the site too (the old one) and was active on the forums for sometime too. But I noticed that nothing was happening there, so I didn't visit there so much. I'd say they've stopped working on the mod. It looked really promising though, but they kept us in a total blackout on how everything was doing. :P But consider the good part; we have the 'Nam pack made by SEB. ;D ;) And the "rumours" :-X on that OFP2 being a 'Nam related game is great. :) So I think that it ain't a big loss if the Operation Vietnam mod isn't active anymore. Still I would have wanted Ashau....:P ;D

Hawkins

ollie

« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2003, 00:12:42 »
Well, it's sad that there won't be an Operation Vietnam mod. I was really looking forward to it, but hey what else is new? besides that Mods are dropping out at the rate of flies (figurative speaking), but I hardly doubt any other Mods are is promising anymore as Invasion 1944 looking out to be.

Vyper

« Reply #10 on: 28 Apr 2003, 21:16:47 »
there are a lot of promising MODs out there. Falklands 1982, WW2EC, the Haikinawa (sorry i forgot the exact name!) project. Theres a lot goin on in OFP. I think people are begining to kill of OFP to make way for OFP2 before its even dead, we've still got a good year or so before OFP2 reaches us so lets stick with this first yea!

Can we get a reply from "evil madcat" or somebody from the NAM MOD in the title, i'd quiet like to hear how its goin, and what you think of our ideas.  Hope its goin ok!

Vyper

Nokic

« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:54:38 »
Hi,
I'm not a Mod Team member, but I know, that it goes well so far ;D
Just check www.operation-nam.de for more Info  8)

Greez y'all

Beerzy  :)

PRiME

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2003, 03:35:41 »
There is nothing of high quality out for nam setting yet...

Sebnam v2 is good yes but there are many problems which if they were fixed it would be a godsend.

Here are some issues other nam maps have.

1) Lack of high res texturing (common people move with the times, resistance has been out for yonks lets stop supporting COLD war quality content)

2) Ai can see through allot of shrubbery

3) The vehicles are nothing more then CWC vehicles with replaced weaponry (cept some helicopters etc which ARE awesome)

So it be nice if someone can make a v1.91 nam island, got my full support (I am even willing to help,)

Sick of this Desert stuff, I mean we have so much desert addons and also the BAS addons, realy they are of the best quality, how much more of the same thing do ya need.

Fact is no NAM island/addon pak has been of resistance quality, always OLD CWC stuff, time to move the scene to the next level v1.91 that is :)

Vyper

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jun 2003, 18:16:16 »
Disagree totally.....Animations, new models, UH-1, OH-1, AH-1G/J, LSSC....these arn't CWC works remade....so SEB NamPack V2 is by NO MEANS pre-resistance....granted it needs some touch up to bring it right up to date but most of what you need is in there....

Vyper

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jun 2003, 18:51:24 »
What's the point with having 1024x1024 pixel textures when it's gonna lag horribly with 10 models on screen ?
PLUS you won't recognize the great textures anyway because most fightings take place in distances from 75m and more ...

Anybody complaining about texture quality of the nampack2.0 is a bit overoptimistic imo.