Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: PACK 1 - Early War German Pack  (Read 6296 times)

lawrie5

PACK 1 - Early War German Pack
« on: 11 Mar 2003, 01:29:10 »
Right well as ull know from me ambitious plane (great typo for the forum) i.e. plan, this is the early war pack the first of my 6 packs (i will release a unit beta probably if thats cool) so u can get a taste.

So far i think will include.

3x K98 Privates (differing P3d models)
1x Mp40 Private
1x Sergeant
1x Corporal
1x MG34 Private

This list will be set to grow and i will use this thread to show pictures of the pack till it heads into completion, this version of the pack will be coded to use upminders pack (any extra weapons will be supplied in the pack but upminders will be needed)

Give me ideas and suggestions/requests for what u think should be in the pack for 1939/40 Wermarcht Pack (excluding Wss/ss and tank or air crews these will be in distinct packs of their own)

In particularly interested in any famous regiments or special characters u would like to see included in the pack (those german commanders famous for their campaigns in France/Poland etc)

lawrie5

Re:PACK 1 - Early War German Pack
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2003, 01:30:16 »
Sorry forgot, also...

1x Motorcycle Troop
1x Lieutenant
1x Captain

thegoose

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2003, 07:47:51 »
are there ny pics yet of these men...............i cant wait

Nokic

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2003, 15:16:31 »
Aushilfe made a MG34 (without textures), look in the old Nam Pack Tread.

Astatine

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2003, 20:38:52 »
Lawrie, i hope you will re-consider using upminder's weapons. All credit to upminder, i dont mean to be unduly cruel to his creation, but i thought that the WW2EC had their own custom weapon pack coming soon? Also, the lack of custom sights does take away from the weapons more than a little bit :(

Otherwise, sounds fantastic, I personally cant wait for this addon, those screens that were released look really good!

Astatine

Xer0

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2003, 00:11:44 »
In the early war they noone were using machine guns like mp40 much. They used rifles mostly but they started to use machine guns later on.

viper172

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2003, 01:14:40 »
In the early war they noone were using machine guns like mp40 much. They used rifles mostly but they started to use machine guns later on.
even the paratroopers?

lawrie5

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2003, 02:29:14 »
Yes Xer i know what u mean, hence why the early war pack will have a variety of K98 troops, um in a perfect world id have an mp38 and mp40 (mp40 entering service as it did in 1940) but the reason the packs will use upminders weapons is for present because everyone should have it or probably has, so compatibility will be less of an issue.

As for u Astatine no need to be sad because a second version will use ww2ecs weapons (and should have some further bonuses in the pack for that version) for example ill try to convince fatjoe to include an mp38 and mp28 so they can be used in this pack too.

Um cos i love yas the basic K98 trooper will be released when hes done, then the rest of that pack will be done, (course u  can arm him with all kinds anyway) but at least its something for us to play with till the rest of the early pack is done. Few changes to be done to him yet tho but not much, for example eyelids are too low, and i want to tilt the helmet a tiny bit, but thats it heres a pic!

lawrie5

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2003, 02:31:57 »
Also i am making a basic french infantry unit (he wont be wearing the classic great coat but will be dressed in the M1938 coat instead.

Im not launching into a french pack too tho, (i will after the germans do some other nationalities eventually) see editing ofps a hobby i dont see ending lol annnyway...

Heres a pic of some equipment, the models done and he will be a single download (for u to use against the early pack hehe)

Sorry pic isnt much but more to come!

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2003, 22:12:27 »
Hmmm..... Its looking Awsome Lawrie. Good skills my son. Any chance of some collaberation with Motho38. Currently, hes working on regular British infantry. Could you steal his Tommie model and 1940-ise it for use as a British Expeditionary Force trooper? It would give them twice as much to shoot at.

lawrie5

« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2003, 01:44:02 »
Well interestingly enough gavin already did a tommy model a while ago (he's done an 8th army version too) which i was going to make but have him send a pic of his model over id love to check it out, maybe if its suitable and if he liked, then i could use that and texture it *shrugs*

Strangelove

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2003, 14:26:14 »
Very welcome addon...

I hope you can reassure us that there will be :

wound textures
handgun slots
weapon icons in equipment screen
a proper AT weapon (the panzerfaust with the WW2EC german infantry is useless against tanks).

Oh, yeah, any chance of a bandaged soldier like in the Nam Pack, too?

Our thanks for all your efforts!  :D

Strangelove

« Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2003, 14:28:45 »
One other point... I keep seeing references to there being some WW2 tank crew around. But can I find them? Can I f#uck.

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 13 Mar 2003, 14:29:37 »
I suspect Vibes has made a Panzershreck for any future packs and the SS update when it happens.

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2003, 14:30:02 »
(Don't know if they had them in 1940)