Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50  (Read 7367 times)

DeadMeatXM2

Re:Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50
« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2003, 17:20:46 »
*cough*

how about this one?

*cough*

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2003, 01:12:56 »
i like that one alot ;D

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2003, 02:12:38 »
Looks cool will there be other variants too like open(cabrio no roof),removed doors,ambulance version ???

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2003, 03:29:00 »
Woodland?

Minotaur

« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2003, 01:25:13 »
*cough*

how about this one?

*cough*

Yea I like that one too but the problem is it seems like they have been working on it forever!  I saw pics for that hummer like a year ago and it's still not released.  I guess this means it will be really really good.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2003, 11:53:47 »
Thats the plan ;)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2003, 15:03:53 »
The hummer should have an animated driver door.

Not ( ! ) with a useraction (it stinks to constantly hit the wrong action during heavy combat)  ::) ;D
but as a "hidden selection", sort of. So that we can use the door in cutscenes.

After all (like the goggles), it is only glamour, and it shouldn't decreace the gameplay.
Animated sections are great but ONLY as hidden anims - they suck as useractions!

Trust me - I've talked to many, many ppl about this & they all agree!  :)

===========

:D It should be  pretty simple. I must confess that I've done it for private use with the delta's.

Have a peep at this example:

class UserActions
{
   class Lowervisor
   {
   condition="MyCondition AND this animationPhase ""goggles"" < 0.5";
   statement="this animate [""goggles"", 1]";
   };

class Raisevisor
   {

(same stuff)

};

===============

So, all ya need to do it to add the condition ("MyCondition=true/false") to the players INIT field or alike.
Then the animated part is all free again!

Simple and convenient when you think about the many diff. kinds of missions we all make.
If the hummer came with that kind of optional animations, it would be really neat .

P.S.
now that we talk tweaked addons, I would like to thank BAS for releasing "open source" addons!!!
It send out a message of SHARE & CARE rather than F**K OFF, JUST MAKE ME FAMOUS, which is beautiful.
The "open source" concept boosts the chance of better knowledge, and as such, better addons for everobody.  :)

hail to bas.  :thumbsup:

CHEERS  :-*
« Last Edit: 16 May 2003, 15:25:44 by Tomb »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2003, 18:39:02 »
After all (like the goggles), it is only glamour, and it shouldn't decreace the gameplay.

Haven't played with the BAS MH-47E have you? ;)

AS regarding the doors - this can be easily done, all you have to do is define the animation, and not define it in the class user actions section of the cpp.

The MH-47 has about a dozen of these types of animation included for scripting and playability reasons. That way, the animations can be switched by scripts, or triggers, so its really easy stuff ;)

Regarding doors in this hummer... hmmm I'll think about it... It will POSSIBLY make it into the pack, depends on how long i have to wait for some other features.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #23 on: 17 May 2003, 16:24:50 »
sounds great, meaty!  :D :thumbsup:

About those goggles, something came 2 me yesterday  :o what if one tweaked the default NVgogs and somehow connected them to your BASgogs  ???

:) I mean, like if one chosed to put 'em on,
then the >>special_version_yellow_not_green_color_NVgogs<< popped up as player vision?!  :D

I've already tried it, but I can't find the codes for those stinking BIS-NV's  >:( ???
where and how can you tweak the original NV's ? as it seems the part I have is wrong:

class NVGoggles : Default{};
class TMB_CustomGOGS: NVGoggles
{
scopeWeapon = private;
scopeMagazine = public;
magazineType = WeaponSlotItem;
ammo=;
displayName="NV Goggles";
displayNameMagazine="NV Goggles";
shortNameMagazine="NV";
enableAttack = false;
count=1;
initSpeed=0;
maxLeadSpeed=0;
useAction = true;
useActionTitle = "Use %s";
sound[]={People\gravel_L,db-70,1};
};

==============

Obviously, the gogs use a hidden default command to put on the "NV optics" vision, but where's it?

a bit off the track here, I know, but its an interesting idea!  :-\ :)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #24 on: 17 May 2003, 16:37:22 »
you've just hit the only thing in ofp we cannot do (well we can, if we do a complete mod, but both sides would use the new nvgs...)

Any extra nvg's cannot be added into the game.... its just not possible :(

and we are working on a way to "tint" the player vision when the goggles are down, its working ok, just gotta test it thourghly...

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #25 on: 18 May 2003, 04:38:05 »
Hi

just about the m60
i recon a HMMWV with M60 would be brilliant and M240 and a Mk19

the M60 was replaced by the M240 but didnt leave the service, Special forces groups use souped up versions the M60E3 and E4 for counter terrorist operations.

And id have to say that im partial to the M60
Nothing beats the "Pig Gun"

good work
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2003, 04:40:03 »
oh and maybe u could do a version with equipment bags and rucksacks hanging off it to give it that long range feeling.
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Eviscerator

« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2003, 18:02:00 »
The M60 was replaced by the M240 but didnt leave the service, Special forces groups use souped up versions the M60E3 and E4 for counter terrorist operations.

Only the Navy SEAL's still use it in the Mk 43 Mod 0 role, the other services' use specialized M249's and the M240...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #28 on: 18 May 2003, 20:50:49 »
The M60 is still used on BlackHawks.

Viriato

« Reply #29 on: 20 May 2003, 13:43:40 »
Can anybody post a modified config CCP of this Hummers with a working Mk19 Grenade launcher?

I am having problems with this, i managed to modificate the model and replace the M2 with the Mk19 from Fortress ofp modification, but i am an absolute disaster at CCP related issues and i have not been capable to make it work, the weapon is shown on the car, it turns properly but it donÂ't shoot.

(P.S. At the moment this is just an experiment, to release this i will have to ask for permission to Quaker and to the MK19 creator, but his site is down for a loong time)