Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50  (Read 7366 times)

admiralducksauce

Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50
« on: 06 Mar 2003, 22:14:26 »
I've adapted Quakergamer's armed Desert Humvees for woodland camo and improved some of the Geometry things, added windows, added some LODs, etc.

Check them out!
http://potatohed.com/ads_humr.zip

Known issues:
1. The tires DO flatten, but they don't seem to "sag" down until the vehicle moves.  So if you blast a stationary hummer's tire, you won't know if it's flat unless you get in.

2.  The "TOW" launcher fires a "bullet", not a true missile.  Oh well.  This issue is likely not going to be fixed.  I've played a lot with it, and in the heat of battle it honestly doesn't make a difference, IMO anyway.

3.  No headlights or brake lights.  This is simply because I haven't had time to look for how to do this.  

Let me know what you think, and if you can help me with any known or unknown issues, that would be appreciated.

PunkerSXDX

Re:Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2003, 23:56:06 »
My Hero!  ;D

(don't worry Qukergamer I havent forgotten you  ;))

Leone

« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2003, 11:17:47 »
We are in the process of improving/updating the HMMWV ourselves at the moment....perhaps see if you can get in touch with Quaker. We might be able to come up with something.... ;D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2003, 22:49:54 »
The exterior textures are good, the interiour is stll a little lacking, the only major problem I noticed was the vibrateing problem that QuakerGamer had when his were first released, and the ammo on the 50 is some thing I can't figure out, what QuakerGamer should have done in the first place was just use the BIS 50cal "Browning" (know what I mean?) and you should do the HMMWV with an M60 too  ;) but this is looking good!

Navy Captain

« Reply #4 on: 08 Mar 2003, 06:40:56 »
any screens????

Eviscerator

« Reply #5 on: 08 Mar 2003, 09:38:52 »
The exterior textures are good, the interiour is stll a little lacking, the only major problem I noticed was the vibrateing problem that QuakerGamer had when his were first released, and the ammo on the 50 is some thing I can't figure out, what QuakerGamer should have done in the first place was just use the BIS 50cal "Browning" (know what I mean?) and you should do the HMMWV with an M60 too  ;) but this is looking good!

For a modern Hummer it would be an M240 not an M60, the M60 has been retired from both the US Army and the Marine Corps being replaced by the M240B and M240G respectively

admiralducksauce

« Reply #6 on: 08 Mar 2003, 17:44:04 »
Thanks for the feedback!

I believe I've solved the tire problem; simple spelling errors.  Silly words!

I'll see if I can replace the "quakergamer" M2 with the BIS one, and instead of an M240/M60, wouldn't it add to the versatility to simulate a Mk-19 grenade launcher instead?  :)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #7 on: 09 Mar 2003, 04:56:27 »
You're a good man Admr. Duck Sauce a Mk19 would be kickin'  :D
@Evis yeah, I know the M60 was Retired  :'(, she sure surved well  ;D
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2003, 04:57:48 by PunkerSXDX »

Ranger Bob

« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2003, 20:26:50 »
What, the M60 is retired, NOOOOOOO!!! :D,
anyway, nice work on the HMMWVs they are sweet, really nice exterior!

PFC_Mike

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2003, 00:42:53 »
M2 and Mk19 and M240 or maybe 249 are the only real weapons choices.
Howabout some screenshots?

I've always wanted an armed car...have an AK "turret" that points out of a window so you can do drive-bys...

colicab

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2003, 16:14:45 »
i swear i was just asking about this over at opflash.org

nice one mate

tankieboy

« Reply #11 on: 09 Apr 2003, 15:46:34 »
Mk19 yes please.

Can someone post screens please.

NoFear

« Reply #12 on: 16 Apr 2003, 21:46:24 »
Just one thing, its all good... but... Aint it kinda fat this hummer? It looks kinda chubby, and farewell dear m60, we will all miss you!

PFC_Mike

« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 2003, 03:28:36 »
yeah it does look a little funny...can't figure out quite what though

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr 2003, 08:05:59 »
Hey, dont bag him about the M60, the M60 is still good, and though its not officially used anymore, it is still in service on HMWWVs, Helos and Tanks. What do you thing they would do with 40 000 machineguns. They just chuck them on stuff, others they sell and the rest go to the reserves. Love these HMWWVs!

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2003, 17:20:46 »
*cough*

how about this one?

*cough*

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2003, 01:12:56 »
i like that one alot ;D

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2003, 02:12:38 »
Looks cool will there be other variants too like open(cabrio no roof),removed doors,ambulance version ???

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2003, 03:29:00 »
Woodland?

Minotaur

« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2003, 01:25:13 »
*cough*

how about this one?

*cough*

Yea I like that one too but the problem is it seems like they have been working on it forever!  I saw pics for that hummer like a year ago and it's still not released.  I guess this means it will be really really good.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2003, 11:53:47 »
Thats the plan ;)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2003, 15:03:53 »
The hummer should have an animated driver door.

Not ( ! ) with a useraction (it stinks to constantly hit the wrong action during heavy combat)  ::) ;D
but as a "hidden selection", sort of. So that we can use the door in cutscenes.

After all (like the goggles), it is only glamour, and it shouldn't decreace the gameplay.
Animated sections are great but ONLY as hidden anims - they suck as useractions!

Trust me - I've talked to many, many ppl about this & they all agree!  :)

===========

:D It should be  pretty simple. I must confess that I've done it for private use with the delta's.

Have a peep at this example:

class UserActions
{
   class Lowervisor
   {
   condition="MyCondition AND this animationPhase ""goggles"" < 0.5";
   statement="this animate [""goggles"", 1]";
   };

class Raisevisor
   {

(same stuff)

};

===============

So, all ya need to do it to add the condition ("MyCondition=true/false") to the players INIT field or alike.
Then the animated part is all free again!

Simple and convenient when you think about the many diff. kinds of missions we all make.
If the hummer came with that kind of optional animations, it would be really neat .

P.S.
now that we talk tweaked addons, I would like to thank BAS for releasing "open source" addons!!!
It send out a message of SHARE & CARE rather than F**K OFF, JUST MAKE ME FAMOUS, which is beautiful.
The "open source" concept boosts the chance of better knowledge, and as such, better addons for everobody.  :)

hail to bas.  :thumbsup:

CHEERS  :-*
« Last Edit: 16 May 2003, 15:25:44 by Tomb »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2003, 18:39:02 »
After all (like the goggles), it is only glamour, and it shouldn't decreace the gameplay.

Haven't played with the BAS MH-47E have you? ;)

AS regarding the doors - this can be easily done, all you have to do is define the animation, and not define it in the class user actions section of the cpp.

The MH-47 has about a dozen of these types of animation included for scripting and playability reasons. That way, the animations can be switched by scripts, or triggers, so its really easy stuff ;)

Regarding doors in this hummer... hmmm I'll think about it... It will POSSIBLY make it into the pack, depends on how long i have to wait for some other features.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #23 on: 17 May 2003, 16:24:50 »
sounds great, meaty!  :D :thumbsup:

About those goggles, something came 2 me yesterday  :o what if one tweaked the default NVgogs and somehow connected them to your BASgogs  ???

:) I mean, like if one chosed to put 'em on,
then the >>special_version_yellow_not_green_color_NVgogs<< popped up as player vision?!  :D

I've already tried it, but I can't find the codes for those stinking BIS-NV's  >:( ???
where and how can you tweak the original NV's ? as it seems the part I have is wrong:

class NVGoggles : Default{};
class TMB_CustomGOGS: NVGoggles
{
scopeWeapon = private;
scopeMagazine = public;
magazineType = WeaponSlotItem;
ammo=;
displayName="NV Goggles";
displayNameMagazine="NV Goggles";
shortNameMagazine="NV";
enableAttack = false;
count=1;
initSpeed=0;
maxLeadSpeed=0;
useAction = true;
useActionTitle = "Use %s";
sound[]={People\gravel_L,db-70,1};
};

==============

Obviously, the gogs use a hidden default command to put on the "NV optics" vision, but where's it?

a bit off the track here, I know, but its an interesting idea!  :-\ :)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #24 on: 17 May 2003, 16:37:22 »
you've just hit the only thing in ofp we cannot do (well we can, if we do a complete mod, but both sides would use the new nvgs...)

Any extra nvg's cannot be added into the game.... its just not possible :(

and we are working on a way to "tint" the player vision when the goggles are down, its working ok, just gotta test it thourghly...

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #25 on: 18 May 2003, 04:38:05 »
Hi

just about the m60
i recon a HMMWV with M60 would be brilliant and M240 and a Mk19

the M60 was replaced by the M240 but didnt leave the service, Special forces groups use souped up versions the M60E3 and E4 for counter terrorist operations.

And id have to say that im partial to the M60
Nothing beats the "Pig Gun"

good work
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2003, 04:40:03 »
oh and maybe u could do a version with equipment bags and rucksacks hanging off it to give it that long range feeling.
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Eviscerator

« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2003, 18:02:00 »
The M60 was replaced by the M240 but didnt leave the service, Special forces groups use souped up versions the M60E3 and E4 for counter terrorist operations.

Only the Navy SEAL's still use it in the Mk 43 Mod 0 role, the other services' use specialized M249's and the M240...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #28 on: 18 May 2003, 20:50:49 »
The M60 is still used on BlackHawks.

Viriato

« Reply #29 on: 20 May 2003, 13:43:40 »
Can anybody post a modified config CCP of this Hummers with a working Mk19 Grenade launcher?

I am having problems with this, i managed to modificate the model and replace the M2 with the Mk19 from Fortress ofp modification, but i am an absolute disaster at CCP related issues and i have not been capable to make it work, the weapon is shown on the car, it turns properly but it donÂ't shoot.

(P.S. At the moment this is just an experiment, to release this i will have to ask for permission to Quaker and to the MK19 creator, but his site is down for a loong time)

tankieboy

« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2003, 14:29:29 »
Can you post up a pic with the Mk19 on?

Viriato

« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2003, 13:41:08 »
Sorry for the silience, i have been moving and thats a lot of work and problems.

I access the internet at my job, and the modified HMWee is in my home, but i will post a pic soon.
Finally i managed to create a working cpp using a modified M2 config, but don't aim well (the m2 shoot at the body, the grenade launcher should shoot at the ground below the target)

tankieboy

« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2003, 15:56:18 »
I think a grenade in your guts or a grenade at your toes will have the same effect!

Looking forward to the picture(s).

Gun_Nut

« Reply #33 on: 24 May 2003, 15:21:49 »
hmm...everthing is fine except 1 place....

The HMMEVs had bullet proved windows right?
When I use my M16 to shoot the driver at the FRONT WINDOW..
His head turned into red, he's dead, the rest of the part is ok, but
just the front window had problem.

Viriato

« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2003, 20:46:56 »
tankieboy,
The Mk19 has a high disperssion and a "slow" rate of fire, if the A.I. point the grenade at the head, it will miss at 85% of the grenades fired, the grenade will pass the group and explode at a safe distance.
But if the A.I. point at the ground, the blast will kill the enemy even if itÂ's not a direct hit.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #35 on: 26 May 2003, 08:17:16 »
hmm...everthing is fine except 1 place....

The HMMEVs had bullet proved windows right?
When I use my M16 to shoot the driver at the FRONT WINDOW..
His head turned into red, he's dead, the rest of the part is ok, but
just the front window had problem.

A Bullet Comming from an extreme angle MAY be deflected by the HMMWV's windshield, but they are by no means Bullet Proof, sometimes Bullet Resistant Windows are instaled in HMMWV, but there is no such thing as Bullet Proof really just Bullet Resistant, well for HMMWVs and Soldiers anyway, Tanks, I have no Clue

tankieboy

« Reply #36 on: 25 Jun 2003, 14:31:45 »
Any pictures yet?

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #37 on: 06 Oct 2003, 21:27:47 »
Hi

just about the m60
i recon a HMMWV with M60 would be brilliant and M240 and a Mk19

the M60 was replaced by the M240 but didnt leave the service, Special forces groups use souped up versions the M60E3 and E4 for counter terrorist operations.

And id have to say that im partial to the M60
Nothing beats the "Pig Gun"

good work

FN came out with a shortened special ops version of the M240 - US SOF voiced an interest in a design like it in 2001, and they were due to take delivery of them about 2 months ago.  I believe its the Mk 48 mod 0 at this point.  The idea is similar to the M249 SPW - cut the gun down considerably to make it easier to handle.

The M60E3 has LOTS of problems and is considered to be a piece of junk, I hear.  But yes, the SEALs use the Mk 46 version of the SAW.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg38-e.htm

Gotta love FN.

*edit - WOW - I hadn't realized how old this was  :-[*
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2003, 21:32:43 by SEAL84 »

gundam007

« Reply #38 on: 08 Oct 2003, 03:14:46 »
when my secret mod phase 1 is released, there will be a drive by mobile..

Bruce Banner

« Reply #39 on: 10 Oct 2003, 14:43:33 »
A what?

gundam007

« Reply #40 on: 11 Oct 2003, 02:34:09 »
a vehicle (civilian style car) with an automatic weapon hanging out the window

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2003, 18:54:50 »
I did my own little rework of the thing as a project for learning O2. This in relation to my work for the Lowlands Warrior mod (former Kmarns Mod). Screen attached. Very nice addon to work on.

Offline revellion

• Contributing Member
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: 14 Nov 2003, 11:19:32 »
I've adapted Quakergamer's armed Desert Humvees for woodland camo and improved some of the Geometry things, added windows, added some LODs, etc.

Check them out!

Known issues:
1. The tires DO flatten, but they don't seem to "sag" down until the vehicle moves.  So if you blast a stationary hummer's tire, you won't know if it's flat unless you get in.

2.  The "TOW" launcher fires a "bullet", not a true missile.  Oh well.  This issue is likely not going to be fixed.  I've played a lot with it, and in the heat of battle it honestly doesn't make a difference, IMO anyway.

3.  No headlights or brake lights.  This is simply because I haven't had time to look for how to do this.  

Let me know what you think, and if you can help me with any known or unknown issues, that would be appreciated.

The "Bullet Missile Issue"

is easy to solve make a new Projectile that is same class as a bullet but make another model and texture's and voila you got a missile that got physics of a bullet but it looks better?
Best Logistic Addons and Missions: www.TheChainOfCommand.com

Offline revellion

• Contributing Member
    • My Website
« Reply #43 on: 14 Nov 2003, 11:19:41 »

Check them out!

Known issues:

The "Bullet Missile Issue"

is easy to solve make a new Projectile that is same class as a bullet but make another model and texture's and voila you got a missile that got physics of a bullet but it looks better?
Best Logistic Addons and Missions: www.TheChainOfCommand.com

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
« Reply #44 on: 26 Dec 2003, 02:37:44 »
Great addon for a beta. I found the bug about the handles on the M2 in 1st person but this is the best lookin  beta ive seen for a while. Good job. Keep up the good work! ;D
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

wiggle987

« Reply #45 on: 26 Feb 2004, 21:56:21 »
WAHOOO ever since my HD was totally wiped i havent been able to find this addon, say can some1 post the link to quakemasters aswell?
they both kick ass!

Unnamed

« Reply #46 on: 04 May 2004, 18:41:47 »
2.  The "TOW" launcher fires a "bullet", not a true missile.  Oh well.  This issue is likely not going to be fixed.

Another possible solution for you:

http://www.ofpec.com/intel/index.php?a=show&newsID=711&catID=2

I've played a lot with it, and in the heat of battle it honestly doesn't make a difference, IMO anyway.

True they all blow up the same way, but with missiles the whole things looks much more impressive :)