Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: For the pros.  (Read 6460 times)

Zahael

For the pros.
« on: 05 Mar 2003, 03:08:11 »
Hey everybody, I have got a request that hopefully someone can help me with.

I have got a great mission in the works that takes advantage of the Winter Kolg. and it is almost done, but there are a few things that I need for it to be perfect.  Put simply, it is automatic firing.

What I have is a number of situations.  First is at an artillery base, where using an the m46 fieldgun addon, I have a pretty cool firebase going.  What I want however, is for the fieldguns to be pounding away as though they were on a firemission, with their guns elevated and firing say every 20 seconds.  But I just can't do it.  Is there a script that someone can help me with?

Secondly, there is the front line scenerio, where I want heavy machine machine guns firing up and down the line, now at any target in particular, just making a lot of racket.

I am at a loss on how to achieve these aims.  If anyone knows, and any pro hs an idea, cold they please helP?  It would be very valuable to me, and I guarantee it would make the mission better.

Regards, and thanks

Zahael

Offline Archangel Scream

• Former Staff
  • OFPEC Former Staff: Audio editing & mission review
    • Britecorp
Re:For the pros.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2003, 19:30:40 »
Check the ed depot for artillery scripts.

If you'd like the guns firing as well then set up an elevated game logic and use the "dotarget" and/or the "dofire" command.

Same with the other guns - set up logic points and use a combination of "dofire" commands.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2003, 23:43:56 »
There are also some invisble targets available for every side but I can't tell you were I found them.

Search or search or search before you ask.

Zahael

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2003, 17:37:53 »
Hey, thanks for the response.

I am not sure what script exactly you are talking about that might help me.  I had a browse, but am not familar enough to know what I am looking for.  Could you be more specific in how I migh achieve what I want to achieve?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2003, 17:52:33 »
Ok. The dofire command is simple. Just put this in a init line/on act line

NameOfTheOneWhoFires dofire NameOfTheTarget

The other one I think require a script, I can do it for you if you wish ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2003, 21:53:51 »
I just made a simple script for you in 5 min. ItÂ's not advanced cause I made it in 5 min but what the heck.

I hope you know how to use a script or you will not understand this

[shooter,markername1,markername2,markername3,markername4,markername5,markername6,markername7,markername8,markername9,markername10,keyword] exec "pinneddownscript.sqs"

shooter is the one who fires.
markername is invisible markers that will act like "targets". If you donÂ't want 10 markers then you can name take some of the markers the same name, example:

markername1 = marker
markername2 = marker2
markername3 = marker.

However I do not recommend you do this.

keyword is a keyword and when you turn it true the guns will stop firing in a while. I will update this script soon so itÂ'll stop directly but I havenÂ't got the time. ;)

Have fun! :joystick:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2003, 21:56:06 »
DOH! Forgot to attatch!

One more thing though:
NOTE that I havenÂ't tested the script so there can be some bugs.

EDIT: updated it now. If you make the keyword tru they will stop firing in about 5 sec. Still no advanced script though. And I ahvenÂ't even tested it so it perhaps doesnÂ't even work! ;D
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2003, 08:03:58 by The real Armstrong »

Zahael

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2003, 10:24:54 »
Sorry mate, not even close.  I placed three markers through the editor (I deleted the rest) and deleted the keyword just to see if it would fire (I deleted the keyword from teh script as well)  Absolutely nothing.  Not a peep.  Maybe you could pay with it a little more and see if you can get it to work.

Thnks for trying.

Any more ideas?

Zahael

Ace

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2003, 23:44:21 »
Armstrons script was good.
Problem was you were ordering people to fire at markers( they're not entities)

Use game logics instead.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2003, 15:32:36 »
Armstrons script was good.
Problem was you were ordering people to fire at markers( they're not entities)

Use game logics instead.

Was my script good?! ;D Thx, m8 :-* I made it in 5 min :P

Zahael

« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2003, 16:20:21 »
I think I have tried game logic before. I will try it again, but I am pretty sure that soldiers don't target game logic either.

Ace

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2003, 16:53:34 »
I guarentee they do, use the dofire command

Zahael

« Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2003, 02:30:06 »
Sorry ace, but even though they seem to target the game logic units, they don't actually fire at it.  They face the logic objects, but they don't actually fire at it.  I used Amstrongs script with the dofire command.  I've tried it a few times with different units with no joy.  Maybe you could try it and get back to me.  

Thanks anyway.

Zahael

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 14 Mar 2003, 07:49:03 »
Hmmm... Can you skip the dofire command and place out 10 enemies? Just to see if the script is correct.

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #14 on: 14 Mar 2003, 14:48:00 »
Here's my example mission for 3 of those field guns, you don't need no markers nor gamelogics. I haven't set the dispersion values adjustable (clearly anyho) since all you wan't is the effect of a fire mission right  :)

I've set up some checks for dead crew and low ammo. Don't know if they work. They should. The first rounds come at the same time due to the initial loading... I put in a 3 sec pause there, increase it if that bother you.

Hmm, if there's anything wrong, don't expect me to answer before next friday, I'm off to dig some foxholes again sigh...  :D

There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.