Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wonderous german unit pic and pack announcement!  (Read 2640 times)

lawrie5

Wonderous german unit pic and pack announcement!
« on: 25 Feb 2003, 06:32:53 »
Right ill make this brief, heres a VERY BETA pic of my early landser dude,

to be more specific he is in a uniform typical for the early german campaigns against Poland and France,

what he is part of is a 4 pack art and modelling project of mine to recreate german infantry and support troops
from the following

EARLY PERIOD (France, Poland, Balkans campaign uniforms)
MID WAR PERIOD (Russia, wermarcht camo designs)
LATE PERIOD (Cheapy uniforms, homeguard etc)
SS (from early paramilitary units to mid elites to late war frenzied fanatics)

I intend to research the units relatively well, but include some fun so for example, expect a variety of troop types but also characters in the pack. For example a chubby quartermaster, or a grumpy tank mechanic etc. Not every unit will access every weapon this will be so i can add more variety of units to go with all the weapons, so for example there might 1 be just 1 (Early Period Pack) private rank german with access to an mp40 say, but 3 different private rank german troop models with access to a K98. (does that make sense) so a stocky german, 1 with less kempt clothes - relaxed collar etc, and say another looking all smart etc, get the idea?

Also expect the units to have my distinct love/loathe art style (though the folds in the screen wont be as extreme once units done) also expect horrible and well researched gore for my blood textures (im a ghoul i know)

As for weapons ill prob use the moah conversion or ww2ec packs. This whole thing is for the ww2ec...

PS - the trousers will be slightly less grey, more darkish and less contrast with folds etc, plus gascan and mess tin textures are horrific and will be changed, as will ammo pouches lol, and i know collar rank tabs too long ...

Black Magic

Re:Wonderous german unit pic and pack announcement!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2003, 10:30:02 »
Of course, we are still very greatful to RageSniper for donating the equipment (as seen on this addon) and original SS model. And WWIIEC will have a weapons pack soon also, but I don't know if these gents will come out with them of the proposed MOHAA weapons. ;)

lawrie5

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2003, 12:49:05 »
incidentally most of these equipment models are new or will except the helmet! but yep to rage sniper!

thegoose

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2003, 07:59:00 »
look good........which was that a picture of?? because i thought that in the early campaigns they were almost all-over field grey

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2003, 19:01:08 »
will the WWIIEC have the 40.cal like the one at INV44 on a tripod that needs to be attached?

lawrie5

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2003, 20:37:30 »
Heres a further developed screenie!

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2003, 00:12:33 »
lawrie5 what happend to your japan soldier and jap plane pack I want the japan pack ???

lawrie5

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2003, 03:20:35 »
HD failure annihilated almost everything i ever started working on for ofp

Wires

« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2003, 03:33:44 »
That's harsh  :'( and also why I back-up all my OFP work on my other computers.

Spliff air

« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2003, 17:54:09 »
now thats bitchie

Spliff air

« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2003, 17:54:37 »
now thats bitchy

lawrie5

« Reply #11 on: 08 Mar 2003, 19:32:06 »
Right well heres an update! No wise remarks please about the m21 lol, Um remembers hes the early war campaigns, and will be part of a set, that u can arm with what weapons u like, from i44s, upminders, ww2ec etc etc, the set will be released thru ww2ec but anyway heres a K98 bloke! (there will be some varieties of the K98 guy since they were the most commonly armed) it will be interesting if they dont all look the exact same, the unit will not have this horrible demo face ingame (should have normal random faces) but anyway the pics!

lawrie5

« Reply #12 on: 08 Mar 2003, 19:32:24 »
and 2

lawrie5

« Reply #13 on: 08 Mar 2003, 19:32:54 »
last but not least

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #14 on: 08 Mar 2003, 22:37:22 »
Lets have a vote. Here the proposition

"They look amazing"

All theose in favour, please say "Aye"

AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE

All those against, say "nay"

(Stony silence)

The Ayes have it..... they are amazing!

« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2003, 22:39:32 by Gogs »