Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A few quick questions...  (Read 377 times)

dream

A few quick questions...
« on: 24 Feb 2003, 15:37:46 »
Ok got 2 questions for the OFPEC Gods...

1. I used to have a tuorial on waypoints, and all the neat wonderful things you can do with them. (If anyone know where I can find that please help, I have looked in the tut sections.)   Ok Question:

There was a command for the activation field that would allow a group to begin to move. i.e.  If there was a group of soldiers on a hill and a player moved into the trigger, the group would attack begin to move.

2. Is there a way to get AI to take ammo out of an ammo crate?

i.e. rescuse hostages, and have them grab weapons out of an ammo crate.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:A few quick questions...
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2003, 16:02:35 »
1)   basically two ways (at least) to do this.     Make the trigger type switch and synchro it with the waypoint.    Alternatively, make the trigger set a variable to true (eg moving=true) and then put that variable as a condition in the waypoint's condition field

condition:  moving

2)  dunno really, you could certainly fake it with a script, something like this:-

loon1 doMove getPos ammocrate1
?loon1 distance ammocrate1 < 1:loon1 playmove something or other
loon1 addweapon etc etc
ammocrate1 remove weapon etc etc
exit

That's just a sketch, I haven't even attempted correct syntax or anything.   If you have no idea what I'm talking about say so and I (or somebody) will go into more detail.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

dream

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2003, 15:52:42 »
Ok... im not sure I understand what you are saying about the waypoints.

Here is what I would like to see.

There are civilians standing around as well as East Soldiers.  It is an Assassination type misson, when the target is shot, I would like the civilians to all run off maybe into buildings and things, and then the east soldiers begin to patrol, and have armor and things move in, but not until the target it assassinated.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2003, 16:48:01 »
1. This u must learn cause this is the basics in triggers:

Put somethin in da WPs condition field. Like AHeadOnAPole or perhaps mud or even OneDayIWalkedInDaForestAndISawABearHeWasHugeIPutThisInHisInitFieldWhenHeStartedToWalkUpToMeThisSetdammage1ThenIwalkedHomeAndAteBearMeatForTwentyDaysUntillIThrewUpEndOfStory.
And In da triggers on act:
Like AHeadOnAPole=true or perhaps mud=true or even OneDayIWalkedInDaForestAndISawABearHeWasHugeIPutThisInHisInitFieldWhenHeStartedToWalkUpToMeThisSetdammage1ThenIwalkedHomeAndAteBearMeatForTwentyDaysUntillIThrewUpEndOfStory=true.

;D