Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: XyNOK's OFP Crack post  (Read 662 times)

Daneel

XyNOK's OFP Crack post
« on: 13 Feb 2003, 20:32:08 »
Feel free to delete this post after you've read it, but I just wanted to point out that no  cd cracks are not illegal. Using them when you don't own the game is, of course.
With OFP however anybody who gets a CD patch and trades or sells thier CD(s) will fast regret it. BIS is constantly releasing new very worthwhile patches and addons for OFP and you will need the disk to install them.

XYNOK, in the unlikely event that your story is true, follow Sefe's advice and ask for a new disk or your copy of OFP will fast become out of date.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:XyNOK's OFP Crack post
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2003, 20:41:12 »
While this is not exactly the right place;

Written in the EULA you "signed" when you installed the game is this;

You shall not;
Reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works of the program, in whole or in part.

Thus using a no-cd crack is in violation of your EULA.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2003, 20:42:17 by [icarus_uk] »

Offline benreeper

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2003, 20:44:21 »
I just think that anyone that would come here and asks for a CD crack is either very young and naive or incredibly stupid.  Most of the time when I see a post like this I believe that the person posting it is typing with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Ben

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2003, 20:59:46 »
Daneel,

The problem OFPEC has with stuff like this, is that we're totally against being used to spread and assist with cracks such as this.

Their advocacy and legality remains a topic better suited for private discussion (ie: using IM, email, etc) away from the boards.

*Topic Locked*
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"