Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I need help with script  (Read 395 times)

x_lim1t

I need help with script
« on: 24 Jan 2003, 15:26:51 »
Im making a mission where the player must seek out hidden Scud Launchers. Once found the player send the coordinates to a apache gunship and the apache will come and destroy the Scuds   8).

ANother idea was to mark the target on the map and have a tomahawk missile fly at it, like a static scud or maverick xD.

Does anyone know how i can create either of this?(im a total noob so plz go easy on me  :)) thx alot

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:I need help with script
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2003, 18:11:43 »
Well, thereÂ's one way to do the first one, but it doesnÂ't require scripts:

Create a HUGE trigger and choose "detected by west".

Group the SCUDs with the trigger.

Voila! YouÂ've got yer trigger!

EDIT:

Registred today, eh? Well, then you deserve the Armstrongs welcome speech:
WELCOME TO THE OFPEC FORUMS
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2003, 18:13:14 by The real Armstrong »

x_lim1t

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2003, 19:12:30 »
=T doesnt realli work dat well :D

Offline Ranger

• Members
  • Hoo-ah!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2003, 21:46:19 »
Somehow, I don't think that Armstrong read the question at all.  :hmm:

In any event, in order to have some choppers attack, do the following things:

1. Place the choppers in the editor whereever you want them to start, and make sure they are in the same group.

2. Give them a Move waypoint, and place this waypoint at their starting position.

3. Create several Destroy waypoints for the choppers, putting each waypoint on one of the SCUD launchers.  Note: This method assumes that the SCUDs are in close proximity to one another, and that their order of destruction does not matter.

4. Create a trigger with an X and Y set to however close you want the players to get to the SCUDs before they are considered to have found them.  E.g., 500 meters.  Have the trigger detect for the presence of west units (if the players are west).  Put the trigger in the middle of your group of SCUDs.

5. Synchronize the trigger with the chopper's first waypoint (the Move WP).

Explanation:

The choppers will take off at the start of the mission, but will just hover at the location of the Move waypoint.  Once the players move within x meters of the trigger (as per step 4), the trigger will be activated.  Since the trigger is synchronized to the choppers' Move WP, they will now be able to continue on to their next WP, which is a Destroy WP on one of the SCUDs.  They will go through all of their remaining Destroy WPs until all of the SCUDs are destroyed.

This is the easiest, quickest, scriptless way of doing this.
Ranger

x_lim1t

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2003, 01:54:34 »
Much THx!! ^^