Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NTW-20 AMR Addon  (Read 3675 times)

dismas

NTW-20 AMR Addon
« on: 19 Jan 2003, 20:46:01 »
This is dismas from the Operation Northstar mod team.  I have a non-mod
related add-on that I've been puttering around with for some time and
don't have the time or energy to texture it what with moving and work.
And none of the bums at ONS want to help either.

So I am curious if anyone with experience wants to have a go at texturing
this South African 20mm anti-materials rifle.

I posted more info on the ONS forums:
http://www.operationnorthstar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298

E-mail me, dismas@operationnorthstar.com, icq: 3203231,
msn: dismas88@hotmail.com, or use smoke signals in Western Canada.

JohnSpartan117

Re:NTW-20 AMR Addon
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2003, 21:02:43 »
That looks alot like he Halo sniper rifile. but that is super cool

dismas

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2003, 21:12:43 »
I never played HALO. ;)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2003, 22:12:06 »
if someone makes that, it's getting poached for my clan  ;D

Bomberman

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2003, 23:46:23 »
OH YEAH BABY YEAH!

Ollum

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2003, 18:37:09 »
Hi looks great but dont make it to small on the Photo its size is wow.
Corect me if im wrong but wasn't it designd to atack Tanks ?

dismas

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2003, 18:54:18 »
AMR stands for anti-materials rifle.  Against tanks in WWII, this would be an awesome weapon.  But tanks today have too much armour.  This gun is more for soft and light armoured vehicles.  Or for destroying mission critial equipment.
As a sniper rifle, it does irrepairable damage to human flesh.  .50 cal rifles are 12.7mm, the slug fired by the NTW-20 is almost twice as big.  Just the sonic cone of the slug alone is powerful enough to pulverize flesh.

Bomberman

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2003, 23:42:17 »
the ntw-20 is 20mm to be exact. i think i read is can shoot 7.62mm as well. there are extra barrels and stuff you can put in. but the great thing about the ntw20 is that it has bareley any recoil. it has a dampner. it is more like a gradual push instead of a violent kickback.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2003, 23:43:51 by Bomberman »

Bomberman

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2003, 23:49:29 »
by the looks of it, the damn thing is 5 1\2 feet long. if you were to make its size realistic, you would ned to make it a static object like an m2. make it look just like it looks on the picture.with a blanket or whatever. the soldier would get in and lie don to shoot. it weight about 40 lbs anyways i wouldnt think a NORMAL soldier would be able to run around with it, let alone shoot it standing up.

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jan 2003, 17:14:36 »
by the looks of it, the d**n thing is 5 1\2 feet long. if you were to make its size realistic, you would ned to make it a static object like an m2. make it look just like it looks on the picture.with a blanket or whatever. the soldier would get in and lie don to shoot. it weight about 40 lbs anyways i wouldnt think a NORMAL soldier would be able to run around with it, let alone shoot it standing up.

Just as a comparison, a British Army Gpmg Sustained Fire (SF) team carries about 50lbs of weapons with them not including Ammo, but you can't run far. You don't have to be built like Arnie, but it helps if your derranged  :P

So it would not be impossible to have somone shoulder one of these, but you'd have to put warning lights on for low flying aircraft....

dismas

« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2003, 02:30:13 »
I realize that.  Realistically, this weapon is deployed in a two man team.  The weapon is carried dismantled, and assembled at site.  But because I made this for fun... 1 man will carry and use it.  And it is over 5 feet long (1.8m).  As I stated before, this version is the 20x81mm version.  There are interchangable barrels allowing for 14.5x120mm russian, and 12.7x??mm (primarily for training aka .50cal) cartridges.  I haven't heard of a 7.62 version.

Bomberman

« Reply #11 on: 02 Feb 2003, 05:05:56 »
yeah, i was wrong. my mistake there isnt a 7.62. i was thinki9ng of the russian 14.5.  its still a cool weaapon. are you still proceeding with the project? the pictures have pretty good resolution for textures i guess. if you want, i can make a great firing sound for you. im good at making  weapon sounds :) or any sound for that matter.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #12 on: 02 Feb 2003, 17:40:09 »
he DISMAS, a suggestion in how to use the weapon ingame "Realistically", within the limits of the ofp engine;

equip it as a secondary weapon and give a mp5 (or any other weapon) as primary. In this way you might (???) be able to give it the same limits as rochetlaunchers; you can't stand up and run around with it. This way you won't see someone running around with something he couldn't possibly carry (for very long). You have to "deploy" it first.

I think this is the most realistic way of using the rifle ingame (again; within the limits of the engine). I hope you can do something with it. Model looks nice!!

dismas

« Reply #13 on: 02 Feb 2003, 22:51:15 »
sounds like an idea, actually FrostBite.  Now I wonder if it's possible to set up animations for weapons...

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #14 on: 02 Feb 2003, 23:07:02 »
well... I don't know about that. I know nothing about animations. But you should consider contacting BW-Mod. They've made custum animations. It's for their vehicles, but you never know. DKM-Mod did the same for their Comanche, so maybe they can help you out. Or you might even contact BAS, to see if they have someone who's on the animations work. And if that doesn't do it, you can allway's post a new topic.

I hope it works out.