Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Changin' textures of Res buildings  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
Changin' textures of Res buildings
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 21:10:08 »
Hey ya'll!

I was just wondering that how can I change the textures of an Res building? I would like to make some new buildings for my map... ::) ;D Cheers!

Hawk

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
Re:Changin' textures of Res buildings
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2002, 17:03:16 »
Hey 'cmon peeps! Help me out here! ;D :o :-\

Hawk

Skaven

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2002, 17:25:36 »
The first thing you need to make is to make a copy ot he operationflash\Res\data\data3d.pbo file into your working directory.
Than depbo and decrypt the file so it opens a new folder called Data3d with all the new .p3d files in it.
After making that, pick the p3d file that corresponds to the building you wanna change, don't ask me for names cause I don't understand Checoslovaquian, I supose you have to sort which one corresponds to the one you your looking for.
Than use the Swap Utility on the p3d file, and you'll see all the names of the textures files there.
ex:office\wall.paa
    office\door.pac
    office\...

well this are the texures files you'll need to extract, where are they?  ???
Remenber the place you got the data3d.pbo file? There should be another called Data.pbo well the textures are there, so do exactely the same thing, make a copy into your working directory, and extract files you saw written inside the swap utility, than open a folder called HAW (your TAG  ;D )something copy all the texture files into that folder with the p3d file also.
This means that you have already the model file as well as the textures separated, now you gonna use TextVew to convert all the .paa and .pac files into .TGA as I teached you with your Green Berets, no secrets here, exactely the same thing.  Than make the textures and save them over.
(You know this part already, it's written fast but it's the part that takes more time LOL).
Now you'll need to use the swap utility again,this time you gonna replace the files you've retexture inside the p3d file.
ex: office\wall.pac replaced for HAWsomething\wall.pac do this only for the files you've really changed, since the other ones won't be part of the pack to make the addon smaller.
Than make a cpp file pbo it with the name you've given with the swap utility and in the cpp file and your set  ;)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2002, 18:12:06 »
Wow, thanks Skaven!!!! :D :D :D :D Now my desert map will be alive again!!! :P ;D Cheers!

Hawk

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2002, 19:53:04 »
I get various errors when trying to view the p3d's textures with swap utility. :-\ Like overflow and stuff. :'( :-\

Hawk

Skaven

« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:00:12 »
That's because you forgot to decrpyt the new p3d files, use the new DePbo tool that will make all in one LOL

Grab it here, it's the first one on the page  ;)
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=utilities
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2002, 21:01:44 by Skaven »