Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Normandy Problems  (Read 1454 times)

Killer Angel

Normandy Problems
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 18:13:54 »
Okay, my list of problems with my Normandy Mission.

1) How do you make someone invincible until west side units make it to a certain point. The MG42 gunners die to quickly.

2) how do you make the gunners shoot as soon as the soldiers unload from the boat. I tried the dotarget and dofire commands, but they didnt work.

I'll end up posting more problems as they arrise.

Spliff air

Re:Normandy Problems
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 19:09:24 »
try setcaptive true this will sto[ them from firing at mg42 gunners then do setcaptive false if u wannt them to die  8)

Jakerod

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2002, 05:16:25 »
they should shoot automatically

and about the setcaptive thing if a stray bullet hits them they will still die so make sure there is no one else around them getting shot at or else they have  a chance of getting hit too

Killer Angel

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2002, 06:52:02 »
Jakerod, they dont shoot automaticaly. The distance is great enough that they wait till the soldiers on the beach get closer. Any solutions would be helpfull.

Hartza

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2002, 09:29:53 »
1. There is, atleast used to be, this  AllowDammage command. Dunno if it works anymore ...
trigger so that landing players activates it. Make sure trigger ends where you want MG to start taking hits

Activated by West present (or who ever attackin side is )
Condition: this
On Activation: MG2 AllowDammage false
On Deactivation:MG2 AllowDammage true

I guess you get an idea ...

2. Try  Condition : MG2 distance player < 500 ( or what ever distance)
On Activation: MG2 SetCombatMode "red"; MG2 CommandTarget player

Dunno if this helps at all, just trying to help  8)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2002, 10:38:53 »
AllowDammage hasn't been working since 1.20, so forget about that  ;D

The SetCaptive thing seems to me as the best option.
And once the west soldiers are about halfway up the beach turn off SetCaptive, that would be pretty realistic. For them to start shooting halfway up I mean.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Killer Angel

« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2002, 17:36:46 »
Thanks guys, this has really helped alot.

Another question, with all the maps out, you would think somebody would do a normandy map. I've looked but havnt found any. Is there one that I havnt seen, if so where?