Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 questions regarding scripting in cutscenes  (Read 1712 times)

Ex-RoNiN

2 questions regarding scripting in cutscenes
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 16:21:47 »
1) I want the other person to appear to be talking. I tried
Code: [Select]
dude playmove EffectStandTalk in the scripting file, but that didn't work ???

2) I want the camera to stay fixed in one position without "expiring" (ie. going back to 1st person view). How do I do this? The camera position I'm looking for is a side view on the 2 ppl talking.

mikeb

Re:2 questions regarding scripting in cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 16:30:40 »
You need to put quotation marks on the "effect...." bit.
As for not expiring it sounds to me like you're using the trigger effects to do your camera work.

I take it then that you're quite new to the editing stuff.  DON'T use triggers for camera work.  This is incredibly limited and so my advice is to learn to camera script using sqs files.  I'm sure someone can give you a decent tutorial on it, it's actually quite simple and gives you so much more flexibility picking targets and precise angles.  I learnt that before all other sorts of scripting and found it as a good starting block to get into the scripting language.

Someone please help him - I'm not very good at teaching this stuff!

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2002, 16:33:24 »
Hang on....

Just recognized your user name.  I'm sure I've seen you put other stuff on this forum so surely you know all of the above.  Sorry.  If you don't i.e. it's just camera stuff you don't know then someone should help you anyway.

Whatever you editing experise I'm sorry if I misjudged you.  I don't mean to be patronising!  ;)

M

Ex-RoNiN

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2002, 17:06:26 »
Well, what I am doing is I am using a trigger to start the script - in the effects I have started a certain camera effect - but it expires halfway through the script.

At the point where it expires in the script, I want to introduce a new camera angle, but I thought that one would expire too?

I'm just looking at adding a line or two, not a big deal...

And I like to boast that I am making some damn good camera work with triggers and in-editor functions ;) See Hot Winter or Hamburger Hill... :)

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2002, 17:15:37 »
So you don't use sqs scripts for your camera work then?

It would solve all your problems and even for something as simple as a sideon shot is worth doing as you can adjust zooms, time, etc.

Ex-RoNiN

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2002, 17:31:39 »
So you don't use sqs scripts for your camera work then?

It would solve all your problems and even for something as simple as a sideon shot is worth doing as you can adjust zooms, time, etc.

I haven't, until now :)

Now I want to incorporate a line or 2 of code into my scripts for a side on shots. Who knows what comes later :)

crow

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2002, 18:58:28 »
 :)This a section of a camera script that I wrote.  Two people standing at a table talking.  The camera moves from one to the other.  I beleive for what you are looking for  just play with the distances and time delays.
_cam="camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_cam CameraEffect ["Internal","Back"]
_cam camcommit 0
_cam camsettarget c
_cam camsetrelpos [-3,1.8,1.8]
_cam camcommit 0
TitleCut ["","Black In",4]
~2
TitleText ["Gentelmen the Resistance needs our help","Plain Down"]
~6
_cam camsettarget c1
_cam camsetrelpos [1,2,2]